Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

I may be wrong but doesn’t Enzo Fernandez play in the same role as this guy or at least they are almost the same type of players? And they are going to spend another 100M on a replica?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I may be wrong but doesn’t Enzo Fernandez play in the same role as this guy or at least they are almost the same type of players? And they are going to spend another 100M on a replica?
You think Caicedo and Enzo are identical players?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Do you have a backup ? Think you will end up paying that money.
Nope. He’s the main target and seemingly the only target at the moment. Who knows who they’re tracking or talking to though.

Borussia Teeth

Sure - personally I think they are an almost perfect complimentary duo, but then again I am both biased and also extremely dumb!

Anything to get Enzo back in the same role he was playing for Benfica should be Chelsea's priority - that they've prioritised this by going after Uguarte and now Caicedo is at least slightly encouraging.
I agree with you and I'm actually quite jealous of the prospect of you having them as your midfield pair.

dinostar77

Sure, I'm not writing Enzo off yet, but he didn't show much in 22 games for Chelsea last season...a quick search says he has 2 assist(?)

Caiciedo has 2 assist in 45 Premier League games...so like I said it might be a very expensive duo that lacks creativity.
You should watch this video, its good and explains enzo's output at Chelsea and Benfica. Basically when he has a DM next to him or behind him luke at benfica, his creative output levels are higher and he can venture forwards more and do more damage.

Also Caiciedo is a great pivot player and a progeessive carry player. Only 21 as well. Him, Enzo and Nkunku could end up be one helluva misfield trio.

AnotherLondonManc

That can't be right, the bedwetters on here were saying we'd paid for him for them. They'll be lucky to get half of him for it.
Won't stop them anyhow. The only thing that would feel good about him going to Chelsea is knowing they're at least getting taken to the cleaners.

Unrelated, but this FFP bollocks that we can't spend doesn't make any sense if Chelsea are continuing their spending on Caicedo. It's so blatantly a lie from the Glazers to justify what will be a poor summer of spending and I don't understand why everyone just believes it.

Borussia Teeth

Won't stop them anyhow. The only thing that would feel good about him going to Chelsea is knowing they're at least getting taken to the cleaners.

Unrelated, but this FFP bollocks that we can't spend doesn't make any sense if Chelsea are continuing their spending on Caicedo. It's so blatantly a lie from the Glazers to justify what will be a poor summer of spending and I don't understand why everyone just believes it.
I know mate. Chelsea have spent over 600m since Boeley took charge. Look at Arsenal too. 100m on Rice, 65m on Havertz and lining up a 45m purchase of Timber. Who have they sold? Their ffp situation should be even worse as they've paid off the likes of Ozil and PEA in recent years.

The Glazers are mugging us off yet again and us fans are eating it up.

glasgow 21

I know mate. Chelsea have spent over 600m since Boeley took charge. Look at Arsenal too. 100m on Rice, 65m on Havertz and lining up a 45m purchase of Timber. Who have they sold? Their ffp situation should be even worse as they've paid off the likes of Ozil and PEA in recent years.

The Glazers are mugging us off yet again and us fans are eating it up.
Correct Qatar bidding 5.4b and holding back 1b for the rejuvenation of the club. The Glazers want the 5.4 and the the 1B and any dividends their due before they crawl of and back under whatever rock they came out of.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I agree with you and I'm actually quite jealous of the prospect of you having them as your midfield pair.
Yeah it's very enticing on paper. Also I know pundits like to throw around "welp that position is sorted for a decade" but given the types of contracts we're giving out that may actually be true for once?

zaafi

Brighton are being cnuts here if that's true, but it's well in their rights, and Caicedo can only blame himself signing that new contract without making sure he'll be allowed to leave for a reasonable fee.
Verbal promises like the ones he was given mean absolutely nothing.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Brighton are being cnuts here if that's true, but it's well in their rights, and Caicedo can only blame himself signing that new contract without making sure he'll be allowed to leave for a reasonable fee.
Why should they sell him for less than Rice for example? They know Chelsea has the money with all the players they just sold and as you mentioned Caicedo has recently signed a new deal. They have all the power.

whitbyviking

Why should they sell him for less than Rice for example? They know Chelsea has the money with all the players they just sold and as you mentioned Caicedo has recently signed a new deal. They have all the power.
I was just going to post the same. Chelsea have also made a rod for their own back with the signing of Enzo and the fee they paid there.

Trex

Brighton are well within their rights to demand whatsoever they want. If you see the Rice, Bellingham, Tchoameni, Enzo fee. That's the going rate for a young midfielder considered to have top tier potential.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Its their right to demand whatever they want for their player. May be in long term it could be problematic for them. Players wouldnt agree these kind of deals any more with them.

But as of now chelsea either met their demands or just move away to next target. Its pointless to keep stand on their door but making statements like wont met their demand.

zaafi

Like I said: Well in their rights, but they're cnuts. They have given Caicedo a verbal promise, but "forcing" him to stay be demanding a ridiculous amount of money.

Personally, I think Rice is better and has been in West Ham's starting 11 since he was 18 and their CDM since 19 (?). That is extremely impressive. I also think he is more of a leader as well, and a more intelligent reader of the game and excellent positioning.
I don't think he has Caicedo's tenacity and intensity, but the rest of his game is excellent. Rice is also more of a goal threat.
Caicedo has only played one full season and while he has been absolutely brilliant, so was Bissouma last season, and look how he is doing now.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Like I said: Well in their rights, but they're cnuts. They have given Caicedo a verbal promise, but "forcing" him to stay be demanding a ridiculous amount of money.

Personally, I think Rice is better and has been in West Ham's starting 11 since he was 18 and their CDM since 19 (?). That is extremely impressive. I also think he is more of a leader as well, and a more intelligent reader of the game and excellent positioning.
I don't think he has Caicedo's tenacity and intensity the rest of his game is excellent. Rice is also more of a goal threat.
Caicedo has only played one full season and while he has been absolutely brilliant, so was Bissouma last season, and look how he is doing now.
You can't really accuse them of being cnuts unless you know specifically what they promised him

Mainoldo

Chelsea being smart for once. This over inflated prices for just good ballers has to stop somewhere.

Also enjoying the Chelsea fan tears…

The Purley King

If rice is 105m I think Caicedo is worth that as well.
Both horrifically overpriced but that is where we are now.
Don’t think Brighton are being unreasonable here.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can’t knock the optimism but Rice was promised what Caicedo was and they wasn’t moving on price.

I feel he will end up going for £100m add ons included.
Chelsea being smart for once. This over inflated prices for just good ballers has to stop somewhere.

Also enjoying the Chelsea fan tears…
No tears. He’s obviously a player we want and need but I would stand firm for as long as possible on the valuation we have for him.

I know some Chelsea fans think we should just pay what they want now so he can be here at the start of preseason, which I understand but there’s also the principle of showing you can’t get fleeced every single time you want a player. It’s similar to what a lot of your fans were saying in the Mount thread.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He signed a new contract I believe so Brighton obviously are in a very strong position
He did but I guess there was an understanding that they would not stand in his way if a reasonable offer came for him. Obviously what’s considered reasonable probably differs from Chelsea to Brighton, but that’s where we are at the moment.

whitbyviking

I think the Enzo and Rice fees are now used as a guideline to what Brighton consider reasonable. Seems a bit late for Boehly to attempt being frugal when he’s already splashed so much cash. I guess he has to start somewhere though, just seems daft on his main target.

Mainoldo

No tears. He’s obviously a player we want and need but I would stand firm for as long as possible on the valuation we have for him.

I know some Chelsea fans think we should just pay what they want now so he can be here at the start of preseason, which I understand but there’s also the principle of showing you can’t get fleeced every single time you want a player. It’s similar to what a lot of your fans were saying in the Mount thread.
No banter it’s the right thing to do. He’s not worth the £100m no matter how many fans want to say he’s this generational talent and if the link to the Celta Vigo guy is true…. I think you get a batter balanced midfield than with Caicedo.

Ole'sgunnarwin

They're not being cnuts. He agreed to the contract, they're entitled to do what they like.

mu4c_20le

Boehly will pay, he always does. And they need a statement signing, not more moneyball dross.

Davie Moyes

I'm not so sure, reports from the club have been pretty consistent for the last couple of months that we would look to the Rice and Enzo deals when pricing him and we'd be after 100M, and as we saw with Cucurella and White for example we don't tend to move from those positions.
Yep I agree with you. Brighton know how to get to dollar for their players.

This is why I'm pretty sure Mac Allister will have cost Liverpool £55m with add-ons as reported everywhere initially and the initial base fee will be £35m. Otherwise it's totally out of line with both the market rate and also how Brighton sell.

Chief123

I think the Enzo and Rice fees are now used as a guideline to what Brighton consider reasonable. Seems a bit late for Boehly to attempt being frugal when he’s already splashed so much cash. I guess he has to start somewhere though, just seems daft on his main target.
To be fair I think Chelsea’s crazy spending in the last 18 months or so is what’s set the benchmark for teams selling to Chelsea. Brighton have already had a field day flogging Cucurella for a ridiculous fee, they will no doubt take chelsea to the cleaners again because they know chelsea will pay up.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
210m for a midfield pairing of Enzo and Caicedo is stupidly underwhelming.

I mean, it’ll be good, but more functional good than inspirational good. For comparison United have Casemiro, Mount, Fernandes and Eriksen for 50m less, and we aren’t even known for our ability to sniff out a good deal.

100m+ for either player, let alone both, is absolute madness.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
It's tough to say because when you compare one player sale to another it doesn't always make sense to us fans. I think we did over pay on White and it looks like Caicedo will go in that direction too for Chelsea, but MacAllister and Trossard I feel were pretty cheap. There are other things going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. The level of interest in that player, who the interested clubs are, the availability of players of that position in the market etc..etc... I would never be able to properly explain for example why Odegaard cost 30+ and Rice cost 100+, so I have stopped trying to rationalize transfer fees in general.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
210m for a midfield pairing of Enzo and Caicedo is stupidly underwhelming.

I mean, it’ll be good, but more functional good than inspirational good. For comparison United have Casemiro, Mount, Fernandes and Eriksen for 50m less.
Caicedo and Enzo would be an incredible midfield. Overpriced but incredible.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Caicedo and Enzo would be an incredible midfield. Overpriced but incredible.
Incredible is a stretch. Camavinga, Bellingham and Valverde is incredible, Rodri, KDB and Bernardo Silva is incredible. Enzo and Caicedo is very good, but they'll need a third top quality player in there to make their midfield incredible - all in my humble opinion, of course.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It's tough to say because when you compare one player sale to another it doesn't always make sense to us fans. I think we did over pay on White and it looks like Caicedo will go in that direction too for Chelsea, but MacAllister and Trossard I feel were pretty cheap. There are other things going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. The level of interest in that player, who the interested clubs are, the availability of players of that position in the market etc..etc... I would never be able to properly explain for example why Odegaard cost 30+ and Rice cost 100+, so I have stopped trying to rationalize transfer fees in general.
This has no similarity with the Rice deal. For one he has no English tax and has only 1 year of EPL experience. Brighton is asking for 100m for a exciting young player. Clubs used to ask for high transfer fee for attacking players. Now even a DM is so expensive.

worldinmotion66

I think he’ll eventually go for £80m, and he’s not even worth that. Great season and great potential, but these overinflated prices for dm’s are insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.