Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

galcianuk

I can't argue with the London living bit, but I'm not so sure about your salary point. If they put him on Enzo money (>=300k) then I agree with you, but if his agent can only get him 180-200k because there's not a competitive bidding process, then I think this becomes a bad deal for Caicedo over the length of his contract. Edit: Especially given the risk involved in going to Chelsea right now.
Enzo isn't on 300k a week. Where you hear that? It's been reported to be between 150k-200k.

Cloud7

Beautiful post. Not that big though.
The 'big club! history!' circlejerk kinda annoys me at times

What you're achieving now is far more important than what you were getting up to 50 years ago

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The 'big club! history!' circlejerk kinda annoys me at times

What you're achieving now is far more important than what you were getting up to 50 years ago
True. I wasn't attracted to United because of what we did 50-70 years ago. And if we continue like this for the next 10 years, we'd be like AC Milan, that not many outside Italy care much anymore.

Lever

Can someone explain what acutally happend in the summer of '21?

We were so into signing him, it looked like a sure thing. And then we still look liked signing him. And then kinda looked like signing him. And the Brighton signed him.

It was for peanuts (€5 mil ?) so I don't get why we backed out? Or was the fact that he dreamt of playing for us overplayed and he actually preferred Brighton?

KanieKaned

We were so into signing him, it looked like a sure thing. And then we still look liked signing him. And then kinda looked like signing him. And the Brighton signed him.

It was for peanuts (€5 mil ?) so I don't get why we backed out? Or was the fact that he dreamt of playing for us overplayed and he actually preferred Brighton?
Something along the lines of third party agents involved. Club decided to steer clear.

Sir Erik ten Hag

United board and Woodward were just being their usual clueless selves.

Barthez

Boils down to incompetence. Where’s there’s a Will there’s away as Brighton proved

Santos J

No, no, you can’t use that as a benchmark. This fee from two years ago for a player Madrid want to now sell somehow is.
Edit pretty sure that fee was 100m euros so well done Ben .
It was 80m EUR guaranteed, which is £68m as he says

cyberman

It was 80m EUR guaranteed, which is £68m as he says
But add ons are always easy to achieve and since Madrid have won it all since he moved them the fee is 100m?
The only reason guarantee was relatively low is because the overall package was so high. Chelsea would need to double if not treble the plus 10

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No, no, you can’t use that as a benchmark. This fee from two years ago for a player Madrid want to now sell somehow is.
Edit pretty sure that fee was 100m euros so well done Ben .
Also the deal wasn't between 2 clubs in same league, I hope Chelsea stick to their valuation, Brighton will reject it all the time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He can always hand in a transfer request to help this along :smirk:

Clearly Brighton are going to stand their ground for as long as they can after seeing Arsenal cough up £105M for Rice.

I do wonder though, I have seen some Brighton fans suggest Bloom will give Chelsea a certain period to meet their valuation until he shuts down the talks because it's too close to the start of the new season. Preseason is already underway. So we'll see.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
But add ons are always easy to achieve and since Madrid have won it all since he moved them the fee is 100m?
The only reason guarantee was relatively low is because the overall package was so high. Chelsea would need to double if not treble the plus 10
Tchouameni moved to Madrid last season.

RuudTom83

Rice going for 105 has set the bar (all be it a ridiculous bar) which will make any move for Caicedo an expensive one...I can't see Brighton accepting anything near 70 mill, it just feels to low a fee for this summer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hope it collapses and we get a chance next year.
Brighton are jetting off on their US tour in the next 2-3 days. We're actually playing each other in Philly on Saturday. Whether Caicedo is on that plane with them could perhaps tell us a lot about how close this deal is?

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Rice going for 105 has set the bar (all be it a ridiculous bar) which will make any move for Caicedo an expensive one...I can't see Brighton accepting anything near 70 mill, it just feels to low a fee for this summer.
he will be sold as he was told he can leave at the end of the season for a fair fee.

Think Chelsea will get their man for prices the media is stating.

would love it if Arsenal can get him if we sell partey to Saudi, but that’s not gonna happen.

Perseus

Brighton are jetting off on their US tour in the next 2-3 days. We're actually playing each other in Philly on Saturday. Whether Caicedo is on that plane with them could perhaps tell us a lot about how close this deal is?
Caicedo expected to be with the Brighton squad, but no training interviews shown.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Caicedo expected to be with the Brighton squad, but no training interviews shown.
I actually think this will get done this week and I think the fee will end being somewhere between £85-95M.

Perseus

I actually think this will get done this week and I think the fee will end being somewhere between £85-95M.

BHA will then need two defensive or/& box to box first team midfielders. Who, where and how much? Deduct £20m from transfer fee to pass on to previous clubs. Not a good deal for Brighton to sell for at least 3 years.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Whose been the most successful player out of Brighton so far?

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
BHA will then need two defensive or/& box to box first team midfielders. Who, where and how much? Deduct £20m from transfer fee to pass on to previous clubs. Not a good deal for Brighton to sell for at least 3 years.
They can have Scot McT for £30million.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No idea, but they've known since January that Caicedo would be leaving this summer.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
To be fair this is how chelsea is viewed in most spheres. It's been about 20 years since their takeover. In that time they've won a fair few PL's, CL x 2 and a fair few cups along the way. They have a very large global fanbase. By any metric they are a big team at this point. With regards to history, again they've been successful for about 20 years. Caicedo is himself 21. Do you really think a footballer cares about what a club was up to before they were even born?
Yes, the Caf has taught me that history in the 20th century is what matters when determining whether a club is big or not

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
he will be sold as he was told he can leave at the end of the season for a fair fee.

Think Chelsea will get their man for prices the media is stating.

would love it if Arsenal can get him if we sell partey to Saudi, but that’s not gonna happen.
If the final fee is around 80m and by that time if we manage to sell Partey and Balogun. I can see Edu throwing his hat in there. 80m for Caicedo is a much better deal than 45/50m for Lavia.

Status
Not open for further replies.