Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I had Caicedo as a nailed on future United player from the first few times I saw him play for Brighton - so all this Chelsea / Arsenal / Liverpool stuff cuts me extra deep

GaryLifo

The only oddity here is that Liverpool were haggling over 5 million from 50 million and now they have 90+ million for Caicedo..... something odd there

Chief123

Tier 1 for Liverpool says no bid

I don’t think Liverpool will be going anywhere near that price point tbh.

They abandoned their chase of Bellingham who they wanted desperately for 3 years. He would have cost less than what they’d have to pay for Caicedo.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Would be a bizarre turn of events if we end up paying +100m for Caicedo days before the season starts. Especially considering we were apparently outbid for Bellingham.

It's all smoke screen from Brighton to make Chelsea increase their offer.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea

They abandoned their chase of Bellingham who they wanted desperately for 3 years. He would have cost less than what they’d have to pay for Caicedo.
Bellingham preferred real Madrid. It's nothing to do with liverpool's ability to match it or not. :)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Pearce is rarely the first to break information these days. He's not even the most clued in at his own outlet, Ornstein is.

If something is fast moving he won't be the first breaking anything.
Fair enough, Matt Law is tier 1 for Chelsea but given that it's him reporting it and not Liverpool's jounos, a tiny voice in me says this is a crazy smokescreen, especially with the Lavia news last night, and the Tyler Adams news this morning.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Still don't think it would happen but before we signed Szoboszlai for 60million the talk was Thuram or Kone for closer to 40.

The multiple incremental bids for Lavia suggest we really don't value him at 50million and maybe it's reached the point where spending more on Caicedo (and compromising in other areas maybe) has become the preference.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

That's what I'm thinking too but if we pissed them off with the Lavia bid, then who knows? Maybe it's Brighton's response to the Lavia bid. I don't know man. Transfer muppet brain is getting to me :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
There were posters in here stating he isn’t that special because only one big club was in for him… well, here you go. Now it’s two.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
There were posters in here stating he isn’t that special because only one big club was in for him… well, here you go. Now it’s two.
3 if you consider Arsenal back in January.

Oranges038

I would genuinely hate seeing him in that shirt, especially knowing he's claimed to be a united fan in the past.
Well United had their chance and missed it.

He'll go to whichever big club gives Brighton the money they want. I doubt being a boyhood fan means much when there's that much money on the table.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
After you sold Maguire and mctominay it will be three. Don't rule out city at any stage. So it could be four and who knows if arsenal get enough money for their fringe players then it could be 5. This transfer can turn into fatal five way wrestling. :)

Care_de_Bobo

Agree with everything you’re saying bar the bold part, from caicedo being patient for another year in particular.

But it’s damn time the smaller selling clubs stick to their guns and demand top money and not forced to sell below market value or for less than the player is worth. The top clubs unsettle players far too easily, always done and always will be done, but i don’t think you can call a selling club greedy
I would agree with you if this was a player Brighton had put a lot of time into developing, but they signed him for less than £5m 18 months ago when there was already interest from a big club and he was already a very good player. If they think he's worth that much at least pay him like a £100m player.

Stupidity on his or his agents part though not to have a release clause in place if he knew he'd want a move so soon. I would say this could potentially be damaging for Brighton the next time they want to acquire a top young talent for peanuts. If they're good enough then the player will inevitably want a move to a bigger club and won't want a move to a team that will make it too difficult/expensive for them to progress to the next level.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
After you sold Maguire and mctominay it will be three. Don't rule out city at any stage. So it could be four and who knows if arsenal get enough money for their fringe players then it could be 5. This transfer can turn into fatal five way wrestling. :)
I am of the opinion it’s only funding preventing us; I don’t think we can afford him, or rather, if we’ve got crazy money to spend on one marquee player, we’ll go for Kane.

GaryLifo

You lot broke his heart by refusing to pay £5 mil for him a couple of years ago.
ha.. joke's on you, I was all for spending that 5 million 2 years ago after watching his 10 minute youtube highlights and having dubbed him the new Roy Keane

Drainy

Liverpool have the history of the club and the better manager but stingy owners.

Chelsea have money and will probably be competitive sooner because of the money.

Most players would join the latter

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No way Brighton are allowing us to low ball them again after Mac Allister. They probably hate us more than Chelsea now. Understandably.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
55 million for him is low ball bid?
Of course it is after all reports out of Brighton indicated that they want around €100m.

(Not sure where you get 55m from, must've missed the reports about a quoted figure if there were some)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
£35m rising to £45m max. Unless you think we're going to do the PL and Europa double followed by the CL next season. Go on say it. We will win the PL. Let it flow. :D
Sure, all add ons are CL, PL related.

35m and with add ons 55 million.

MegadrivePerson

No way Brighton are allowing us to low ball them again after Mac Allister. They probably hate us more than Chelsea now. Understandably.
Why?
Mac Alister could have left them for free or even less but he agreed a new contract with them on the basis they inserted a release clause.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Would be a bizarre turn of events if we end up paying +100m for Caicedo days before the season starts. Especially considering we were apparently outbid for Bellingham.

It's all smoke screen from Brighton to make Chelsea increase their offer.
Yes that’s why he chose Madrid and not Liverpool. Because Madrid outbid you.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Of course it is after all reports out of Brighton indicated that they want around €100m.

(Not sure where you get 55m from, must've missed the reports about a quoted figure if there were some)
It's not about Caicedo, big Mac.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Yes that’s why he chose Madrid and not Liverpool. Because Madrid outbid you.
I'm sure I read that we were outbid, but you're right, it could just just be him choosing Madrid over us (understandably, tbh).

Status
Not open for further replies.