Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinjiNinja26

So how much did you think we paid?
I couldn’t give a shit how much you paid tbh, I was just showing where the £55m figure was coming from. It’s obvious you’re initially paying £35m and the rest will be paid in add ons if all targets are met, totalling £55m. I personally hope you only ever pay the £35m as it means you wouldn’t have been successful enough to reach the add on targets. :)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I couldn’t give a shit how much you paid tbh, I was just showing where the £55m figure was coming from. It’s obvious you’re initially paying £35m and the rest will be paid in add ons if all targets are met, totalling £55m. I personally hope you only ever pay the £35m as it means you wouldn’t have been successful enough to reach the add on targets. :)
Fair enough of course :lol: Just thought it was a bit dishonest of the other poster to quote £55m, especially given how most (not sure him included) on here are always crying that the media includes all add-ons when mentioning the fee Utd pays for a given player.

For what it's worth I don't think it was lowballing Brighton to pay that amount but they would've gotten more if he didn't have a release clause (albeit he might not have signed a new contract without it so it's a moot point anyway).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bayern involved now, 3 way battle.

OverratedOpinion

I don't see it, they have signed Laimer on a free transfer and Guerreiro who can play in midfield. Still have Kimmich and Goretzka.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Would be a bizarre turn of events if we end up paying +100m for Caicedo days before the season starts. Especially considering we were apparently outbid for Bellingham.

It's all smoke screen from Brighton to make Chelsea increase their offer.
Liverpool weren't outbid for Bellingham. Either he didn't want to go there (or simply preferred RM) or Liverpool weren't willing to pay what Dortmund demanded.

"Bidding wars" is a myth.

There are three things that together decide whether a transfer can happen:
- The lowest amount a selling club is willing to sell for.
- The highest amount a buying club is willing to pay.
- Which, if any, buying clubs a player is willing to sign for.

If multiple clubs that the player is willing to sign for are willing to pay what the selling club is demanding, then the deciding factor is the player's preference, not any excess amount above the sellers demand that the buying club is willing to pay.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Call bs on Bayern but would be ideal. Don't want to see him at either Chelsea or Liverpool, the guy is up there with Rice and quality IMO.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Fair enough of course :lol: Just thought it was a bit dishonest of the other poster to quote £55m, especially given how most (not sure him included) on here are always crying that the media includes all add-ons when mentioning the fee Utd pays for a given player.

For what it's worth I don't think it was lowballing Brighton to pay that amount but they would've gotten more if he didn't have a release clause (albeit he might not have signed a new contract without it so it's a moot point anyway).
Its not dishonest, all ManUtd signings are reported including add-ons, so why is Liverpool any different?

Also when Coutinho was sold, I'm sure Liverpool fans were all using 130-140 million, don't think anyone was using 105 million + add ons.

All that is needed is consistency, Hojlund cost 72 million as per press (64+8), likewise Mac Allister 55 million.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Its not dishonest, all ManUtd signings are reported including add-ons, so why is Liverpool any different?

Also when Coutinho was sold, I'm sure Liverpool fans were all using 130-140 million, don't think anyone was using 105 million + add ons.

All that is needed is consistency, Hojlund cost 72 million as per press (64+8), likewise Mac Allister 55 million.

Perhaps you only see what you want to see to have something to moan about when it comes to the fees reported for other teams.

luke511

We really should pull the strings to try and get this deal done, use the Todibo and Amrabat money plus more brought in from sales. I’m sure he could play at CB Mascherano style too if needed, along with CDM, CM and RB. That’s 4 positions we need depth in, It makes too much sense.

reddevilchennai

Leak may be from Brighton side so Chelsea pay the demanded fee and move on.

or

Leak may be from Liverpool side so Southampton accept their bid for Lavia.

roonster09

Scout

Perhaps you only see what you want to see to have something to moan about when it comes to the fees reported for other teams.
Same media, different reporting.

Rasmus Hojlund: Manchester United complete £72m deal with Atalanta for Denmark forward
https://www.skysports.com/transfer/...te-72m-deal-with-atalanta-for-denmark-forward

Andre Onana: Manchester United agree deal worth up to £47.2m for Inter Milan goalkeeper
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-worth-up-to-47-2m-for-inter-milan-goalkeeper

The Argentina international, who was one of the stars of Qatar 2022, makes the move to Anfield for what is understood to be for an initial fee of around £35m. Sources suggest it could rise to £55m.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...of-world-cup-winning-midfielder-from-brighton

Oh this is nothing compared to how Liverpool's wages are reported compared to ManUtd's but that's for other thread.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
"hi, what's you're price please?"

"100 mill"

"errrrmmm, 45?"
Albion’s negotiating style is reported as being more like;

“What’s your price?”

“Well, what’s your offer?”

“£80m firm”

“That doesn’t work for us. Thank you for your interest”.

At no point have the club ever put a price on Caicedo - the £100m figure was reported in the media and then repeated as gospel.

I think £100m would get it done, but they either decline or accept. There’s whole essays about this method of negotiation which are well worth a read, and Paul Barber is seen as a master of it.

OverratedOpinion

Well well well... check out the big balls on Bayern this window eh?
Really doubt it's true but you're not wrong.

They nearly lose one Bundesliga title and they sign the best defender in Italy, one of the best strikers in the world and 2 excellent players on free transfers in Laimer and Guerreiro.

They really don't mess about.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

The gripe is generally with sky sports and BBC

roonster09

Scout

“What’s your price?”

“£80m firm”

At no point have the club ever put a price on Caicedo - the £100m figure was reported in the media and then repeated as gospel.

I think £100m would get it done, but they either decline or accept. There’s whole essays about this method of negotiation which are well worth a read, and Paul Barber is seen as a master of it.
Tbf no club releases official statement saying they have fixed some transfer figure for a player. It's usually leaked to media by various parties involved in the deal.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

“What’s your price?”

“£80m firm”

Is Andy Naylor not reliable for Brighton news? He’s the one that said Brighton were using Declan Rice as a benchmark and that Brighton view Caicedo as equal to or better than Rice.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Tbf no club releases official statement saying they have fixed some transfer figure for a player. It's usually leaked to media by various parties involved in the deal.
I agree in principle, but fans always to put a lot of value in some leaks and not in others, depending on whether it’s news they want to hear. An agent representing a player desperate to get his payday is going to leak one thing - which may be true or not - and a club might have a word saying something entirely different.

It’s all mind games and manipulation to improve their chances of a successful outcome in their own interest.

I am just pointing out that fees bandied about in the media could be a) what an agent/buying club has been quoted, b) what a selling club hopes to receive, c) fabrications from one or both sides in order to further their interests or d) completely made up for clicks and likes

And the truth is the general public never; ever know so they pick the one which suits their tribalistic nature as a fan and sounds best to them

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Is Andy Naylor not reliable for Brighton news? He’s the one that said Brighton were using Declan Rice as a benchmark and that Brighton view Caicedo as equal to or better than Rice.
See my above post. Naylor may be quoting what a club source have told him, making an obvious deduction, or neither. Naylor is generally one of the more reliable sources because he is old school and checks things before “going to press” but he has been wrong before.

roonster09

Scout
I agree in principle, but fans always to put a lot of value in some leaks and not in others, depending on whether it’s news they want to hear. An agent representing a player desperate to get his payday is going to leak one thing - which may be true or not - and a club might have a word saying something entirely different.

It’s all mind games and manipulation to improve their chances of a successful outcome in their own interest.

I am just pointing out that fees bandied about in the media could be a) what an agent/buying club has been quoted, b) what a selling club hopes to receive, c) fabrications from one or both sides in order to further their interests or d) completely made up for clicks and likes

And the truth is the general public never; ever know so they pick the one which suits their tribalistic nature as a fan and sounds best to them
In most cases fee is usually closer to the reported fee. No club or transfer works with 100% media leak proof, like you also mentioned there are so many parties involved that figures will always be leaked.

As usual clubs also spin their own narrative for their PR, like how they won the deal and how awesome they are at negotiations.

We need an rvn

I would agree with you if this was a player Brighton had put a lot of time into developing, but they signed him for less than £5m 18 months ago when there was already interest from a big club and he was already a very good player. If they think he's worth that much at least pay him like a £100m player.

Stupidity on his or his agents part though not to have a release clause in place if he knew he'd want a move so soon. I would say this could potentially be damaging for Brighton the next time they want to acquire a top young talent for peanuts. If they're good enough then the player will inevitably want a move to a bigger club and won't want a move to a team that will make it too difficult/expensive for them to progress to the next level.
Just read up on the contract he signed back at the start of 2023 and to be honest that just reads of bad management / agent. But also agreed Brighton should be paying him more if they want to keep players like him.
No way he should be on £15k

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Just read up on the contract he signed back at the start of 2023 and to be honest that just reads of bad management / agent. But also agreed Brighton should be paying him more if they want to keep players like him.
He isn’t.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He needs a better agent.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Seems like a lot of mind game going on with both liverpool and Chelsea before their opening match. Don't believe Liverpool have enough to pay that asking price Brighton want and neither does bayern. I don't believe chelsea will go after both lavia and Caceido now since they just signed Adam's, so I can't really put my finger on whether their interests in lavia is genuine.

-----------Lavia/adam (santos)
Caceido/Gallagher - Enzo/carni

It can still work if they get all three, but seems a bit much for Pochettino midfield when they have some promising kids that did well in preseason

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
What is he on as a number of websites say he went from 3,500 to 15,000 when he signed that new contract up to 2027.
They aren’t correct. They haven’t seen his contract. I’ve covered this in depth previously.

Nickosaur

:lol: are we back to discussing Caicedos wage??

They aren’t correct. They haven’t seen his contract. I’ve covered this in depth previously.
Doesn't matter. The lower the wage the more it fits the narrative that greedy brighton are holding poor caicedo hostage.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I’ve read somewhere Caicedo is on £12 per hour.
I’ve also read somewhere that Brighton are demanding £130M-£150M. Disgusting to only pay him so little while demanding obscene money for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.