Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
For all the evidence we have as them managing a football club they can be seen as anything but smart. They spent the most a football club has spend ever and they manage to get 12 place. 12 freaking place.

In short, they're not very smart football wise.
Well, we will see if you feel that way in a few years.

People said the same thing about them in baseball, and the first couple of seasons were exactly like this. Now they practically control baseball.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Brighton's time wasnt wasted because of Chelsea. It was because of Caicedo also do you think Brighton would rather keep an unhappy Caicedo rather than accept a 5M less offer? Were talking about 105 freaking million here.
£5m is what he cost them. No small club is about to let go of £5m.

Last edited:

Spark

It shouldn’t be a coach’s decision. Chelsea coaches have zero input on what academy players get sold, but they have been getting a shitload of money from that.

I think it is mostly us being indecisive. We refuse to sell until everyone knows that the player in question is shit. We are indecisive at everything, just look at how we are handling Greenwood’s situation (should have reached a verdict months ago).
I genuinely think it’s down to the Glazers being incredibly indecisive in all areas and ultimately being tight as feck. Would not surprise me if the Glazers have to sign off on most transactions and hold the whole process up. Or breed a culture of indecision off the back of their own greed.

The supposed takeover has been dragged by them, makes sense to think that it’s similar to how the club is run. Long term it’s absolutely fecked us (without taking into account the debt and everything else).

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Anybody know the tier system for Ecuadorian Twitter accounts?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Who tf needs tier system now that its imminent
I just don’t know if they are quoting a fan or someone that is itk?
You might know. Has the £115m bid been submitted to Brighton?
Nobody knows? It has been reported that it has and they are working out the structure and the details. Buy it has been very quite this afternoon and evening.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Tony Bloom must be a hell of a poker player. Chelsea’s first offer was 65 million.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Nobody knows? It has been reported that it has and they are working out the structure and the details. Buy it has been very quite this afternoon and evening.

Thanks.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
This is a guy that covers Liverpool with 450k followers, but it is difficult to tell if people are putting things out there just to say they were first?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
This is a guy that covers Liverpool with 450k followers, but it is difficult to tell if people are putting things out there just to say they were first?

He's not tier anything as a Liverpool ITK. He's not even a mouth piece like Tap In is for Chelsea. Just another chancer.

marktan

10 year contract :lol:

That's one way to get around FFP. So only costs '£10m' for this year. These hedge fund Americans really do love bending the financial rules.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
People give Chelsea a lot of shit but they've delivered so many Ls to Liverpool over the past 20 years, especially in our down period that I have a soft spot for them.

Still hate them when we play them but that Gerard slip and other legendary happenings like this Caicdeo saga allow them a free pass.

That's one way to get around FFP. So only costs '£10m' for this year. These hedge fund Americans really do love bending the financial rules.
It doesn't cost 10m per year, not for FFP at least. FIFA changed the max amortisation term to 5 years because of Boehly.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea

8 years with an option for a 9th but whatever.

And the chance to amortise transfers over a period longer than five years was closed starting July 1st so it's going to be a £23M/y hit for the next five years on that transfer fee. The last 3-4 years of the contract would be 'free' for amortisation purposes.

klayton88

The ONLY time a 50:50 scarf is acceptable is it Caicedo is spotted at the game tomorrow wearing one.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I have lived in Georgia for 30 years. Been a Braves fan for a lot years. I think the Braves are a better team year after year, but I really don’t want to have a playoff series with the Dodgers, they are a very well run club and they always have top talent replace top talent. They do exit the playoffs usually as the favorites in their series…. as do we when we exit. Chelsea’s owners are really good baseball guys, time will tell if what the bring is good enough for the Premier League. They have shown with the Dodgers, they always are building for the future while trying to win now. They can outspend about everyone in baseball bar the Yankees as they cash in on the LA media market. Atlanta is a good media market, but nowhere near the cash flow of LA.

Teja

How do people feel about 50m for Mount then :D. Seriously though, Chelsea are building quite a good team. Poch is the only question mark for me.

----------------------- Sanchez -----------------------
-- James -- Silva -- Colwill -- Chilwell ----
------------ Enzo ------- Caicedo ------------------
---- Sterling --- Nkunku --- Mudryk ----------
-------------------- Jackson ---------------------------

As always, the Chelsea boom bust cycle is a thing -- they might win the CL and you know they're eventually going to go bust and they finish 8th and they may briefly be in a relegation scrap but you know they'll be back soon after.

The league is incredibly tough this year, I'll be happy with top four. I also think this year's finally the one where Pep burns out. Pool, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea all strong and will push him quite a bit.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If it's true he had agreed a personal term with Chelsea in May, shouldn't that type of information be available to all clubs interested in signing him? basically why would Liverpool bother trying to sign him.... especially against Chelsea, you know they're just gonna up their bid if it's less than competitor. Now the player rejected Pool and they look like an idiot.

Teja

If it's true he had agreed a personal term with Chelsea in May, shouldn't that type of information be available to all clubs interested in signing him? basically why would Liverpool bother trying to sign him.... especially against Chelsea, you know they're just gonna up their bid if it's less than competitor. Now the player rejected Pool and they look like an idiot.
The normal way is to speak via intermediaries with the agent. Pool looking like idiots is because they were a bit idiotic (same situation as us with Frenkie).

mu4c_20le

How do people feel about 50m for Mount then :D. Seriously though, Chelsea are building quite a good team. Poch is the only question mark for me.

----------------------- Sanchez -----------------------
-- James -- Silva -- Colwill -- Chilwell ----
------------ Enzo ------- Caicedo ------------------
---- Sterling --- Nkunku --- Mudryk ----------
-------------------- Jackson ---------------------------

As always, the Chelsea boom bust cycle is a thing -- they might win the CL and you know they're eventually going to go bust and they finish 8th and they may briefly be in a relegation scrap but you know they'll be back soon after.

The league is incredibly tough this year, I'll be happy with top four. I also think this year's finally the one where Pep burns out. Pool, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea all strong and will push him quite a bit.
I don't mean this in a disparaging way, but that just looks like a RB Leipzig team with a really expensive midfield. Some potential in the younger signings but they don't look close to challenging for awhile.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Looks like it is finalized. Pochettino finally getting the destroyer he wanted since the start of the window
Thank God. I've been waiting for a credible source like Scott Smith from the Minimum Wage Fixing Commission to report that the deal is finalised!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Looks like it is finalized. Pochettino finally getting the destroyer he wanted since the start of the window. Even though the price is exorbitant, i believe this signing is one of those transformative signing that will improve chelsea so much and make them competitive against other top teams in the league.
That’s a fake Romano account.
My opinion is that we asked if the player was interested and his representatives said yes, but only so that they could use Liverpool bidding to force Chelsea to sort themselves out.

Chelsea’s offer to the player and his representatives was more attractive than ours.

I think we were just a means to an end for Caicedo and his agent to get Chelsea to do what was needed.

Brighton have done very well for themselves here.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Thank God. I've been waiting for a credible source like Scott Smith from the Minimum Wage Fixing Commission to report that the deal is finalised!
:lol:

prateik

How do people even find a tweet like that? No blue tick, so twitter not promoting it.. No hastags, so wont show up in a search.. 42 likes.. not that popular..

What do you have to do to find that? except browse the caf..

Supports
Chelsea
My opinion is that we asked if the player was interested and his representatives said yes, but only so that they could use Liverpool bidding to force Chelsea to sort themselves out.

Chelsea’s offer to the player and his representatives was more attractive than ours.

I think we were just a means to an end for Caicedo and his agent to get Chelsea to do what was needed.

Brighton have done very well for themselves here.
I think its more likely that Liverpool just didn't anticipate Caicedo saying no. You have to ask yourself, why have Liverpool bid £11m over Brighton's asking price when the whole world knew what they wanted? And on top of that, a sell on clause to further sweeten the deal. I think:
  1. They knew Caicedo preferred Chelsea, so if they were to go in with a bid that was in any way equal to Chelsea's they wouldn't get him
  2. They knew based on Chelsea's previous bids that they wouldn't go as high as them, and by simply agreeing a deal with Brighton they thought it would be a formality to also agree terms with Caicedo - turns out that wasn't the case (it usually is 99% of the time but not here)
Klopp also said that they had agreed a deal with Brighton but not the player which kind of goes against your theory.

The Lavia news is probably the same. You have forced us to overpay on Caicedo by not removing your bid. We will make you overpay for Lavia by not removing our bid.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Why Chelsea always manage to get their players to sign 8 years contract.

bringbackbebe

Why Chelsea always manage to get their players to sign 8 years contract.
They're not benefiting from FFP any longer (someone correct me here if I'm wrong). New UEFA rules require clubs to amortize over a max of 5 year period, irrespective of the contract length and its kicked in effective 1 Jul this year. This 8 year contract has to do with the fact that they want to build a young stable team for the long term without revisiting contracts on a yearly basis.

Someone should tell them how football works in reality. If you fill up your squad with disgruntled figures of other teams, it'll only be a matter of time before the dressing room turns poisonous.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He better be worth it or that is a hell of a lot of money for someone who has one good season.
A mercy for all of Chelsea's exorbitant transfers is that they're in the mix together and there's no one player to hone in on and ask what's going on. Enzo's daft fee dilutes Caicedo's daft fee and shares the load, on top of that, it's basically a new team with a lot of parts that need to gel. It would be flagrant and stupid to single any one player out unless he's underperforming to a noticeable degree whilst his peers thrive, which I don't think will happen, not with the midfield, at least.

Caicedo would have been under much more pressure to perform immediately at Liverpool than he will be at Chelsea.

FlapR

How do people even find a tweet like that? No blue tick, so twitter not promoting it.. No hastags, so wont show up in a search.. 42 likes.. not that popular..

What do you have to do to find that? except browse the caf..
You do realise any moron can pay a few quid for a blue tick on twitter now?

Jam

You do realise any moron can pay a few quid for a blue tick on twitter now?
He means in the sense that blue tick account posts get pushed in the algorithm more and therefore more likely to be seen. Rather than it being inherently trustworthy.

Seeing posts from non-blue ticks is less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.