Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

I think everyone has “a price” that’s too good to refuse. And I mean everyone. I think the likelihood of both going is fairly low personally, but I am also realistic that we can’t say no to outrageous fees.
You can also rest assured that you'll use the money well and theres a decent chance you'll replace them with players of similar quality, though unproven

croadyman

Thing is for him Tchouaméni at Madrid plays in his position. Caicedo is not a replacement for kroos or modric, long term. He's more like a young kante than a sublime passer or schemer.

For us he'd be a stand in for casemiro or deployed alomgside him in a double pivot that would be defensively very stong. But id rather see a top elite CM who can alternate with ericsson alongside casemiro. Its so obvious when ericsson isnt playing we dont have anyone who can control the tempo and just keep the ball recycling.
Yeah truthfully we need a pure 6 to cover for Casa and a creative 8 to partner him rather than a player who can do both

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yeah get him, he can play next to Casemiro and then eventually replace him

Adamsk7

What a player. I’d honestly be ok with just him, a good striker and a defender in the summer

cyberman

Thought he fell away when Brighton lost control of the game. I wonder if he doesn’t suit games that gets stretched or a team who doesn’t dominate the ball

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He plays like a Real Madrid player already. Certainly good enough for them. 5 million.

SoCross

Was he really the best player on the pitch though? Good performance though, could do with him at United. Surprisingly better on the ball than I thought.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Gonna be the best midfielder on the planet this lad

Bobski

Pretty striking how comfortable he was in taking the ball in areas that I haven't seen our midfield play from all season, back to goal, tight press and he was very hard to force into mistakes

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Reminder: This is not a player performance thread. Use the football forum for player performance chat.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He had some shaky moments when Fred pressed him later in the game but he’s super press resistant. His ability in the first third of the pitch is exactly what we’re missing

Ekeke

Reminder: This is not a player performance thread. Use the football forum for player performance chat.
I dont follow this one at all.

You only want us to talk about transfer news, ie. rumours of him being transfered? Performance is 100% what guides opinions of whether hes a good transfer or not.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
When Caicedo was at Independente he said his dream was to either play for Man Utd or Real Madrid. So it's not anything new about him telling the Spanish media about his desire to play for Real Madrid. But he'll play for any team team that sells him the project and pays him the money.

At 21 years old he's showing a very high level of play in a position where he's expected to both pass and receive passes under pressure. Not even the likes of Rodri were as good as him at the same age imo.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's very good and would improve our midfield in a lot of the ways it's weak.

Hadn't quite registered with me that he's still only 21 either.

Superunknown

I liked him before this game and I like him even more now. Looks like he would be a great fit for us.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
When someone says we need like-for-like Eriksen replacement, I say we should rather take a look at this guy. He plays like a very mature player and is only 21, therefore he's worth a ton of money.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I dont follow this one at all.

You only want us to talk about transfer news, ie. rumours of him being transfered? Performance is 100% what guides opinions of whether hes a good transfer or not.
We don’t want people scampering into the transfer forum each time a player miskicks a ball or scores a goal. That’s what the football forum is for.

The transfer forum is to discuss actual transfers, qualities certain players have and how they might impact the club.

luke511

We don’t want people scampering into the transfer forum each time a player miskicks a ball or scores a goal. That’s what the football forum is for.

The transfer forum is to discuss actual transfers, qualities certain players have and how they might impact the club.
Bringing attention to how good a transfer he would be is half of the discussion.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ed Woodward and Matt Judge didn't think £5m was worth the risk. Let that sink in.

The scouts did their job and we're watching him closely. His camp were making noises about wanting the move and as usual the club was let down by absolute clowns who couldn't run a P up in a brewery.

What a fantastic player.

Mainoldo

Ed Woodward and Matt Judge didn't think £5m was worth the risk. Let that sink in.

The scouts did their job and we're watching him closely. His camp were making noises about wanting the move and as usual the club was let down by absolute clowns who couldn't run a P up in a brewery.

What a fantastic player.
Solskjaer would have had him in the reserves. Good thing for him he didn’t come here he would have never made it.

SirScholes

Thought he fell away when Brighton lost control of the game. I wonder if he doesn’t suit games that gets stretched or a team who doesn’t dominate the ball
I think bruno and Eriksen are ideal opponents for him as well
Having Fred come on to fight back helped

Suv666

Brighton would probably demand 80-90 million for him and honestly I would pay

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

What a fantastic player.
As much as I dislike them, that is an absolute Myth. The problem was that he was represented by multiple agents. The Brighton fans in this very thread can tell you if you don’t believe me

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
As much as I dislike them, that is an absolute Myth. The problem was that he was represented by multiple agents. The Brighton fans in this very thread can tell you if you don’t believe me
Yet Brighton who play in the same division under the same rules managed to get a deal done.

How does that work then?

redcucumber

Even that reasoning looks weak in hindsight. It's easy to say now, but he was really well regarded and it's obvious to see why. It's a shame a slightly more complicated process was the reason we foregoed the signing and let Brighton get him.

They won't make that mistake again.

Status
Not open for further replies.