Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think he was officially cleared two weeks after spurs signed him. They took a chance
Exactly. Arnie abused someone verbally and the club was crucified for it. Imagine the scenes with Bissouma?

People just want anyone it seems. Desperate times !!

Al-T

Word has it they were interested in Brandon Williams at the start of the window.

£40mil
+ Brandon Williams (Permanent)
+ James Garner (12 month loan w/obligation to buy for £25mil after 25 starts)

Good fee for a player who has played about 18 PL games, get the left back replacement they wanted and a replacement in midfield who they get for a good price if he is good enough for them regularly.

Everyone wins.
What I heard was that Brighton have potentially lined up another Ecuadorian as left back. Pervis Estupinan of Villareal.

Given their usual MO, I'm inclined to think that's more likely than accepting Brandon Williams as a make weight for Caceido. To be honest, I doubt they'd view Williams as an upgrade on Solly March.

El-Manos

How old is he? He was excellent against us but I never really seen him play all that often. Is bissouma the bigger talent ?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Word has it they were interested in Brandon Williams at the start of the window.

£40mil
+ Brandon Williams (Permanent)
+ James Garner (12 month loan w/obligation to buy for £25mil after 25 starts)

Good fee for a player who has played about 18 PL games, get the left back replacement they wanted and a replacement in midfield who they get for a good price if he is good enough for them regularly.

Everyone wins.
Makes sense, will never happen!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Unless the lad has something in his contract about a transfer to us, I don't see how this happens.

Would really hope it can be done a la @Stobzilla 's post, but not convinced.

jesperjaap

Been impressive especially for just 20......Lets not forget though, they signed him last summer and for some reason which even Potter seemd confused about now, they didnt even play him until the last what was it 3/4months of last season, very little experience, though I am certainly more for this type of signing than some of the names mentioned recently both on here and in the press and Rabiot etc.

Still have a feeling the young guy went to Benfica from Argentina is goin gto be another one in a season we wonder why we never signed

croadyman

We should swallow our pride and just do it. A good combative midfielder who wants to play for us is a damn sight better than anything else we've heard all window.
Yeah but guaranteed we will try and undercut

Rolaholic

Been impressive especially for just 20......Lets not forget though, they signed him last summer and for some reason which even Potter seemd confused about now, they didnt even play him until the last what was it 3/4months of last season, very little experience, though I am certainly more for this type of signing than some of the names mentioned recently both on here and in the press and Rabiot etc.

Still have a feeling the young guy went to Benfica from Argentina is goin gto be another one in a season we wonder why we never signed
Yea Enzo Fernandez, looks a player already for them. We were linked with him since last winter.

I'm still sick over Julian Alvarez being offered up and Ralf wanting him only to be told no signings :(

Now we have to watch him at Citeh

Alemar

Another one that won't happen. He's better than anything we have in that role, but at 20 with 3 or 4 years left on his contract, Brighton will be asking 50m - and rightly so. He's not worth that though. 30m tops.
We can give 25 + McTominay

GledTheRed

Another one that won't happen. He's better than anything we have in that role, but at 20 with 3 or 4 years left on his contract, Brighton will be asking 50m - and rightly so. He's not worth that though. 30m tops.
I'd be tempted to drop 50 on him tbh.

avgp_1

We have to keep an eye on their progress, Enzo, and another one Kone, who we were also linked with earlier.

These two could have potential break through seasons. Tapping them up early is key

Ted Lasso

50m for a player we could have signed for 5 last summer seems crazy - even for us.
Forget the past. Sign him now for 50 and he'll potentially boss our midfield got a decade.

Or spend 70M on a thirty year old Casameiro

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Forget the past. Sign him now for 50 and he'll potentially boss our midfield got a decade.

Or spend 70M on a thirty year old Casameiro
Casameiro won't cost us anything cause he isn't moving from Madrid.

GreatDane

If we don't get him, it'll be like when we didn't get Kanté from Leicester.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If we don't get him, it'll be like when we didn't get Kanté from Leicester.
He'll be a lot more expensive going by all the noises. I'm not sure why as he hasn't even had on quality season in the PL unless I'm mistaken.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He'll be a lot more expensive going by all the noises. I'm not sure why as he hasn't even had on quality season in the PL unless I'm mistaken.
Think he did. They just took their time in n breaking him in

red_de_pologne

Of all the 30 midfielders we are linked with, I really like this one. Buying a player who bossed it vs United is reminiscent of a Sir Alex signing.
Makes too much sense.

It feels like the board wants a last minute galactico to appease the fans (by their logic).

avgp_1

80-100m as touted by couple of Brighton supporters here is too much for him. He is not that refined yet, has tremendous potential though. He has got lot more upside then Rice for example.

CM

Garner would be a good makeweight if they're interested. They were going to do something similar with Cucurella and Colwill until Chelsea insisted on a loan

Thiagoal

Of all the 30 midfielders we are linked with, I really like this one. Buying a player who bossed it vs United is reminiscent of a Sir Alex signing.
Yeah but in those days they were bossing Scholes, Carrick, Keane etc- nowadays it’s McFred. I’m sure a few league one midfielders would fancy their chances at bossing our midfield

MUFC OK

How old is he? He was excellent against us but I never really seen him play all that often. Is bissouma the bigger talent ?
He will be much better than Bissouma in my opinion. he's more rounded as well. He has world class potential.

We should throw garner in and maybe Williams on loan. I think there's a deal to be done.

romufc

We should not judging a player based on how he was against us. When was the last time we played a team and the opponents midfielders did not look better than ours?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I can't quite remember, did his representatives reject us when he moved to Brighton thinking it was too big a move for him or did we feck this one up when he was cheaper? I remember reading that Valencia recommended him highly to the club.

Stadjer

This would surely be tempted for them. Garner actually fits the style Potter likes to play too and they could turn him into a 35m player within a year or two as well. Plus he is English.
Lets not forget that a 35m player who is also English instantly becomes a 70m player!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is he actually good on the ball and a quality passer or just a great tackler?

Status
Not open for further replies.