Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

Btw he's only lost 1 of the 10 games he's player for them. In the process beating Utd x2, Arsenal, West Ham, Tottenham, Wolves.

The only loss was to City.

Think he could as transformative for a team as someone like Kante eventually.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I thought you didn't fancy DMs
Not that I don’t but more that I thought ETH wanted to replicate what he always does. But, I think that the first 2 games has shown him that even if he does get DeJong, one of the others will have to know how to tackle & close down. The fact that he can pass as well is good.
plus we need to get something sticking now

Trex

Not that I don’t but more that I thought ETH wanted to replicate what he always does. But, I think that the first 2 games has shown him that even if he does get DeJong, one of the others will have to know how to tackle & close down. The fact that he can pass as well is good.
plus we need to get something sticking now
Yeah I agree.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I can't quite remember, did his representatives reject us when he moved to Brighton thinking it was too big a move for him or did we feck this one up when he was cheaper? I remember reading that Valencia recommended him highly to the club.
There were about 3 agents claiming to represent him at the time, so it put a lot of big clubs off. I think Brighton had dealt with them previously from other transfers, so they were fine with it. I think it's unfair to say we fecked it up, but it certainly feels like we probably should think twice about this sort of stuff in the future and trust our scouts, as it seemed like a relatively easy hurdle to overcome for Brighton.

Himannv

Yeah but in those days they were bossing Scholes, Carrick, Keane etc- nowadays it’s McFred. I’m sure a few league one midfielders would fancy their chances at bossing our midfield
It wasn't just McFred though. He also dealt with Bruno, Cristiano, Dalot and a few others and he passed well when pressed. Basically he played in a way we'd want one of our midfielders to play.

Ted Lasso

If the club had eyes on him, should have been one of the first players we went after. Was it them beating us for the third time that changed their mind?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
There were about 3 agents claiming to represent him at the time, so it put a lot of big clubs off. I think Brighton had dealt with them previously from other transfers, so they were fine with it. I think it's unfair to say we fecked it up, but it certainly feels like we probably should think twice about this sort of stuff in the future and trust our scouts, as it seemed like a relatively easy hurdle to overcome for Brighton.
This is what I remember.

Vickery kept on saying that United was the club he wanted to go to due to Antonio Valencia his idol. We had a strong chance of getting him. He was a sure thing in terms of skillsets for United.

saik

Will they even sell? They already received a lot of money from Cucurella and Bissouma sales. They will easily ask way more than what they received for Cucurella, especially this late in the transfer window.

Ted Lasso

If we've had our eye on him for so long, then surely he was mentioned to ETH early on. Was it seeing him live that got him interested? Or is it just Murtough trying every player he can think of.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We are next level stupid. We could have got this lad for half the price we will pay at the start of the window or for 5 million when we were first in in for him. He was happy to go on loan. Brighton or the player will reject us and we will end up looking like fools whatever the outcome. The struggle is real. It’s actually infuriating. It’s really not this hard to build a competent football team.

RVN1991

Probably won't happen this late in the window considering he's seen as Bissouma's replacement but this is the type of signing we should be looking for not deadwood like Rabiot.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Probably won't happen this late in the window considering he's seen as Bissouma's replacement but this is the type of signing we should be looking for not deadwood like Rabiot.
His agent has literally offered him to us. So there is some legs to this.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yes we know we COULD HAVE GOT HIM FOR 5 million. Let's move on as we can't change that.

Hughie77

The only way Brighton let him go is if he wants to leave and its over £40million fee. Can't see it happening maybe next season then he bee £60million and City buy him

The White Pele

I think even if he has a stellar season the most he goes for from Brighton is £60m. With that in mind I think anything north of £40m would at least be considered. Throw in Garner on loan so that they’re not left with a hole late in the window (and would be an incredible move for us and Garner) and maybe for a few extra million we could get this done.

I’d rather sign someone like this with fantastic attributes and potential than just sign someone for their name in a desperate effort to placate fans and the media.

Red_toad

He can ask for a transfer to force this through
He’d certainly want to join United, childhood hero was Antonio Valencia I read a while back. would be happy to see someone in the team with his drive and willingness to contest every ball, certainly an upgrade on Scotty.

iKnowNothing

60m? For that money, it would be a huge gamble. What if he turns out to be a one season wonder? I’d rather pay RM the 60m for Casemiro, assuming he wants to come that is.

Ted Lasso

Fat chance of that happening..
It's even worse. We already had him scouted and recommended highly by Valencia.

We've just chosen to ignore it til this moment of panic now. And are still looking at other alternatives first.

It's not ignorance alone. It's arrogance and stupidity beyond belief.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It's even worse. We already had him scouted and recommended highly by Valencia.

We've just chosen to ignore it til this moment of panic now. And are still looking at other alternatives first.

It's not ignorance alone. It's arrogance and stupidity beyond belief.
That's not what happened

Andersons Dietician

Rather pay the big fee for him than whatever it would cost for Casemiro but knowing these bunch of clowns they’ll pay 50 or whatever for Casemiro and pay him stupid money instead of the young hungry guy out to prove himself.

Bwuk

Give them Garner on loan and chuck 40m at them.

Sell Donny to help fund it.

Status
Not open for further replies.