Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor trail

You dont know our owner Tony Bloom then.

He will be wasted at United. Hes to good

No we wont. We buy players cheap, looking at their potential profit, develope them then sell. With Caicedo we dont need ro sell, we dont want to sell, thats why unless the offer is £100+ then dont bother. This late in the window is a sellers market.

Long gone are the days big club can think little old Brighton, we just poach there good players for peanuts, City P L Champions found this out with Cucu.

His price is only going to go up if he continues his form. That will leave you behind because all the top clubs will be in for him. £50m if his form dips and has a bad world cup. Remember he is Bissoumas replacement, and looking to be a better all round player than him. Spud got Bissouma cheap £30m because he was out of contract, surley your recruitment team must have looked at him, if not that could be proof that United are on the decline. Dont use the excuse about his arrest, we did not drop him and Spuds and Villa were not put off.
This post is almost as bad as the Journos who make rubbish up for the headlines. United have shown an interest in the player, his agent his offering him to clubs this is what's reported amongst being reliable. The fee Brighton would demand is the sole choice of the owner / director. The Inbetween is just opinions nothing factual.

c gull

Supports
Brighton
100 million quid or don't bother? What you smoking?

You sold your player of the season for just over an initial 50 million pound fee and he played slightly more than the ten games or so Caicedo has.

You're Brighton, not fecking Real Madrid.
And your Man Utd regarded as not even a top 4 PL club now. Nowhere near Real Madrid. We sold Cucu for £63m, record fee for a left back. Thats how far your club has fallen.

As i said price you out of the market. We dont need to sell, so we can put whatever price we want on him. We know where we stand as a football club, but thinking that we will roll over for the bigger clubs is just arrogance.

#TeamslikeBrighton

GledTheRed

And your Man Utd regarded as not even a top 4 PL club now. Nowhere near Real Madrid. We sold Cucu for £63m, record fee for a left back. Thats how far your club has fallen.

As i said price you out of the market. We dont need to sell, so we can put whatever price we want on him. We know where we stand as a football club, but thinking that we will roll over for the bigger clubs is just arrogance.

#TeamslikeBrighton
Yeah we are Man Utd, Caicedo' dream club.

When big clubs come knocking your star players put in transfer requests.

He'll be £63 million if all add ons are achieved and if they are it will be money well spent for Chelsea as he's a fantastic left wing back ideal for their system. Hardly sale of the century.

avgp_1

100m for Caicedo? WTH

He is nowhere that polished yet. He still loses the ball due to lack of concentration, being mostly a safe passer, though brilliant without it with his tenacity and workrate standing out.

He has got a lot of upside though and he may take a year or two to get there. Upwards of 70-80m is for finished products as far as CM is concerned. Rather look at the likes of Kone.

avgp_1

#TeamslikeBrighton
That makes no sense tbh

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Now we have Brighton fans giving us the WUM around on here. Dark days indeed

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's a project. At least a full season of hammering new system into his football brain. Not even thinking about instant impact, but the thing is we could use also new perspectives as McTominay project went south.

c gull

Supports
Brighton
That makes no sense tbh
It was in answer to the poster i quoted who thought we sold Cucu this window for £50m. When City offered £30 we said no, they came back with £40m we said no, Chelsea offered £63m and a player on loan as cover, we said ok, got our replacement for Cucu yesterday, £16m.

bosskeano

Casemiro and Caicedo would be a really good pairing and he's clearly a player who can be purchased and a cheaper option that FDJ

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

#TeamslikeBrighton
No one is paying 100m for him. You will sell him soon. It's not like you are going to keep him forever. No one said you will roll over. Everyone is saying that he isn't coming cheap. So try to have some meaningful discussion while you are here. If Wumming is intent, cafe won't be a nice place that too at the time of a transfer.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Casemiro and Caicedo would be a really good pairing and he's clearly a player who can be purchased and a cheaper option that FDJ
We aren't going to spend big money on a midfielder after Casemeiro. Not this summer at least.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We aren't going to spend big money on a midfielder after Casemeiro. Not this summer at least.
I think we're definitely getting another midfielder after Casemiro, and we're linked as it stands to Caceido and SMS.

Ekeke

It was in answer to the poster i quoted who thought we sold Cucu this window for £50m. When City offered £30 we said no, they came back with £40m we said no, Chelsea offered £63m and a player on loan as cover, we said ok, got our replacement for Cucu yesterday, £16m.
Yes. Thats a bidding war, not his agent offering him to a single club who are interested.

You'd spend 5-16 million on getting a replacement for Caicedo too, thats why you'd accept probably less than half the 100 million figure you pulled out your ass earlier

Cucurella was also proven over a longer period and proven in La Liga before that. Thats 2 of the top leagues. Caicedo isnt proven over a full season in any and doesnt have Real Madrid on his resume

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think we're definitely getting another midfielder after Casemiro, and we're linked as it stands to Caceido and SMS.
I'd expect someone much cheaper IF we add another CM

Thiagoal

I really doubt this guy will come if we sign Casemiro. I think we’d need a Modric type link between the midfield and attack not a player limited in possession

Conor

#TeamslikeBrighton
:lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Casemiro and Caicedo would be very compatible together imo. Brighton will be reluctant to sell which is normal. But I think if we signed both Casemiro and Caicedo and raised the level in the RB position, we'll be a much much better team.

RedMilo

This guy ticks all the boxes for me. Young, hungry, aggressive, good feet, gets about the pitch, get his head up, can pass, can shoot. What else you do want United FFS..

Rolaholic

Caicedo and Casemiro in midfield would instantly make ours one of the worst midfields to play against as an opposition midfielder :lol:

Would be an absolute nightmare trying to breathe with the ball in the middle of the park

Ace_Ventura

Hypothetically, if United sign him and Casemiro for £120M, is that a good deal?

Mainoldo

Caicedo and Casemiro in midfield would instantly make ours one of the worst midfields to play against as an opposition midfielder :lol:

Would be an absolute nightmare trying to breathe with the ball in the middle of the park
The tunnel walk alone. Only City & Spurs would fancy it.

Alemar

Yes, although we will have to drop Bruno then. Eriksen will be the only high level passer in that midfield - but it will indeed be a disaster to play against us

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I doubt Moises Caicedo will be someone we go after now if we actually get Casemiro. He's young and he's barely played in the Prem. Targeting him as a long term replacement sure, but for this summer I doubt it.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Now we have Brighton fans giving us the WUM around on here. Dark days indeed
Brighton has a track record of selling their players for very good price. I see no reason or sign they will suddenly change their approach.

DWelbz19

Brighton has a track record of selling their players for very good price. I see no reason or sign they will suddenly change their approach.
I haven’t said otherwise.
I doubt Moises Caicedo will be someone we go after now if we actually get Casemiro. He's young and he's barely played in the Prem. Targeting him as a long term replacement sure, but for this summer I doubt it.
Agreed. He looks good and all (in the very limited PL football he has played) but it’s more the profile of player he looks like — someone young, mobile, with hunger and can carry the ball a bit. It’s not like he’s the only young central midfielder out there who can do that.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I haven’t said otherwise.
Agreed. He looks good and all (in the very limited PL football he has played) but it’s more the profile of player he looks like — someone young, mobile, with hunger and can carry the ball a bit. It’s not like he’s the only young central midfielder out there who can do that.
Dont get why we did not get Enzo if we are looking for this type of player.

DWelbz19

Dont get why we did not get Enzo if we are looking for this type of player.
Seems like we put all our eggs in the Frenkie basket and it took two embarrassing losses for us to go into overdrive and start properly looking for players in the position of biggest priority!

Ekeke

I'd prefer to sign him rather than Casemiro. Of course they could play together and that would do wonders for us defensively to have such a combative midfield who also have the ability to get involved on the ball and make something happen going forward. But I think with Caicedo in there we would get away with not needing another mostly defensive player next to him. It would just need someone honest who would track back and put their foot in to help cover the ground, whereas Casemiro is used to doing most of the defensive work for his team.

At this point it looks almost assured that we arent getting De Jong, but if we had got him and then put this guy next to him I think that would have worked well.

Edit - Kouadio Kone is 1 year older and another similarish option from Gladbach. Gets on the ball more than Caicedo does for Brighton and in general tends to do a little bit more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.