Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highfather_24

If we're going to line up with one of our RBs dropping into RCB when we're in possession, it's going to be Wan-Bissaka who gets the nod.

Dalot only makes sense as a ball carrier in a back 4.
Dalot was used in a 3-1 shape as a RCB, probably because of his aerial ability this season.

Highfather_24

It most definitely is not irrelevant given, a) United's financial position, b) the club's dreadful track record at achieving sizable sales fees and, c) the necessity to purchase a reliable striker.
Caicedo at 80M is just 20M more than what Chelsea are asking for Mount. Considering we've already lost out on KMJ and we're going for a cheaper option in Hojlund rather Kane, and also in Onana rather than Costa, I think we can afford to shell out a bit more on Caicedo. And then feck Chelsea over and bring Mount next season.

croadyman

Caicedo at 80M is just 20-25M more than what Chelsea are asking for Mount. Considering we've already lost out on KMJ and we're going for a cheaper option in Hojlund rather Kane, and also in Onana rather than Costa, I think we can afford to shell out a bit more on Caicedo. And then feck Chelsea over and bring Mount next season.
Yeah that sounds good to me

b82REZ

It most definitely is not irrelevant given, a) United's financial position, b) the club's dreadful track record at achieving sizable sales fees and, c) the necessity to purchase a reliable striker.

The Caicedo link just strikes me as obvious mischief-making from United, disgruntled by Chelsea's own shenanigans.
It is irrelevant.

Mount's market value will be significantly lower than that of Caicedo, making the argument we're going after him as "mischief-making" moot. I actually think we were always targeting two MFs.

Our budget will be somewhat flexible and I can only assume we had budgeted a fairly substantial amount for Kane. Seeing as that seems dead, we can readjust our budgets, or move away from targets where the selling club are taking the piss, ala Mount.

Barthez

Considering we've already lost out on KMJ and we're going for a cheaper option in Hojlund rather Kane, and also in Onana rather than Costa, I think we can afford to shell out a bit more on Caicedo. And then feck Chelsea over and bring Mount next season.
We've already lost out on KMJ? - Have we?

We're going for a cheaper option in Hojlund rather Kane - Are we?

Onana rather than Costa - We are?

Highfather_24

We've already lost out on KMJ? - Have we?

We're going for a cheaper option in Hojlund rather Kane - Are we?

Onana rather than Costa - We are?
Most reliable sources say KMJ has agreed terms with Bayern, and is gonna go there. Unless we go in with a higher bid last minute, which seems unlikely now.

Similarly Hojlund and Onana deals are looking far more likely and Kane/Costa links have gone cold.

croadyman

Most reliable sources say KMJ has agreed terms with Bayern, and is gonna go there. Unless we go in with a higher bid last minute, which seems unlikely now.

Similarly Hojlund and Onana deals are looking far more likely and Kane/Costa links have gone cold.
Kane has gone cold because he is seemingly unwilling to tell Levy what he wants. You would think Min-Jae will get the Romano here we go later this week

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There’s something like 2 years in it!
You’d think doing it over a longer period would be worth more but there you go
It's not a comparison between Mount for their age. It's a statement saying "Caicedo is young and his contract situation means 80 million is worth it". Mount is also young but his contract situation means our upper limit is whatever we have set and communicated.

MUFC OK

Which of these qualities do we need right NOW
To be honest we need both legs and a creative outlet to support Bruno. If we could somehow get Caicedo now and sign Mount on a free next summer that would be ideal.

Adamsk7

We’re probably not in for him.

It makes sense - Chelsea asking too much for Mount so a great negotiating tactic is to say “ok then well we have another target - it just so happens to be your main target too *doctor evil pinky”

Chelsea will be like ok let’s lower the price of the player that has a year left and wants to leave us so we can actually use that money to buy our target - otherwise he might go to them and we have an unhappy player, no replacement and no money

zizi

There’s something like 2 years in it!
You’d think doing it over a longer period would be worth more but there you go
2 years difference, which isn't much longevity wise, but it is at an age where you are still developing. Where Moises could be in 2 years is quite significant, whereas mid 20s (Mount) is where you expect to see more consistency rather than actual improvement

luke511

We’re probably not in for him.

It makes sense - Chelsea asking too much for Mount so a great negotiating tactic is to say “ok then well we have another target - it just so happens to be your main target too *doctor evil pinky”

Chelsea will be like ok let’s lower the price of the player that has a year left and wants to leave us so we can actually use that money to buy our target - otherwise he might go to them and we have an unhappy player, no replacement and no money
Athletic and BBC reporters are saying we are actually in for Caicedo, I don’t think it’s a negotiation ploy.

Syphon Wallet

Is Caceido really better than Fred?

This is not a tricky question, I have simply not watched Caceido enough to be able to judge myself.
It's a good comparison, think he's a bit more well rounded than Fred, but very similar
Fred is fantastic and running around and pressing, wins the ball.... And then passes it straight back with a terrible pass.
It's extremely frustrating with Fred.

I think Caicedo is the 2.0 upgrade on Fred, the software upgrade to fix the passing.

Woziak

I think it’s clear we had the idea to sign 2/3 midfield players based on who we could sell or move on.

If we sign M Mount, he’s HG so we could sell Mctominay direct replacement, Rabiot is now staying at Juventus so that deal potentially £15m signing on fee plus £15m wages on the transfer line, that’s £30m Mason Mount would be £50m plus £10m wages so 5 year contract means £20m per year, obviously Rabiot has no cost going forward and would be £30-40m asset. But the cost for Rabiot and Mount is £50m im this years accounts, Caciedo signed £80m on 6 year contract (5+1) £13.5m per year snd £10m wages is £23.5m for a player than can play CM/CDM/RB and at a push Number 8 means we could go buy
M Kudas as well as AM/10 for £45m and £6m per year that’s amortised cost of £15m.

In other words signing Caciedo and Kudas would actually make more sense than M Mount and A Rabiot, that’s why we won’t do it, expect M Caciedo to sign for Chelsea this week and probably for £72m plus £18m bonus. I think we are in for a long boring uneventful transfer window unless the Glazers actually leave !

Real Name

Why do some people think transfers go on like something kids would do in a daycare. Oh you wont give me that toy, I'll just pretend I'm interested in a toy you want so you'll give me a toy I want.

Mainoldo

If that’s the case we should be all over this and ask them to take Amad on loan as a sweetener
I’m sure we will be if Chelsea keep playing hard ball. Probably even get him for a little less if we can spread the money over a sorter period.

flappyjay

It's a good comparison, think he's a bit more well rounded than Fred, but very similar
Fred is fantastic and running around and pressing, wins the ball.... And then passes it straight back with a terrible pass.
It's extremely frustrating with Fred.

I think Caicedo is the 2.0 upgrade on Fred, the software upgrade to fix the passing.
The passing, the 1st touch and he is more press resistant. There are days where Fred puts it together and looks like a 50m player. If Caicedo can replicate those best days or better them consistently he will be a great asset.

poleglass red

I'd be very happy if we signed Caicedo, but I think this is nothing more than a ploy to get Chelsea to come down on their valuation on Mount. I actually think we need Caicedo more than we need Mount. We are one injury, suspension or loss of form from Casemiro to having no recognised defensive midfielder.

Ibrahimorich

Why do some people think transfers go on like something kids would do in a daycare. Oh you wont give me that toy, I'll just pretend I'm interested in a toy you want so you'll give me a toy I want.
Have you seen how billionaires behave on Twitter? :lol:

Tarrou

85m doesn't seem too bad considering some of the deals lately

I hope we're in for him

Status
Not open for further replies.