Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Fair play to Liverpool and well played Brighton. Top player.

Although part of me wanted to post a gif of that dude in Succession saying "congratulations on saying the biggest number you morons".

MUFC OK

Fantastic signing. Was the player I wanted the most going in to this window.

Has the potential to be a VD/Alisson level transformative signing for them. The fee is crazy but all young potentially world class midfielders are going for crazy prices. Bellingham, Enzo, Rice, Tchouameni.

This is not good news at all.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Insane money. He’s played one season of Premier League football.

Gee Male

Serious over reaction in here. Some of you are going on as though thos lad is the best midfielder in the world, in reality he was filling in at left back for Brighton for a few games in the second half of last season.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
That was then, this is now. You can't buy all the great players, it's about finding the good ones for the project. Casemiro performed well last season, we'll see this year. He'll have to be supplemented soon anyway. There will be other exciting midfield players on the market next summer and the one after that.
Yes, there will be others. But it is not often you get the chance to sign a player who has performed at the level Caicedo has in the PL playing a proactive type of football.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Thankfully I have never been desperate for Rice or Caicedo so Im indifferent since they all went for stupid overpriced money which means big chance of failure.

Theyre not Arturo Vidal of 2014, you know what I mean?

Telsim

What awful news to wake up to. Just like that they have a world class midfield, which was Liverpool's main problem. He will also help their issues in the back. Between him, Mac Allister, and Szoboszlai they have fixed their midfield for years. I fecking hate Liverpool.

Let's hope it doesn't work out.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Brighton have now set a precedent, also. There'll be no messing about for their players in subsequent transfer windows.

Whoever wants Even Ferguson better not feck about, and pay the asking, or else...
Cucurella and now him. Christ alive, be cheaper to buy the entire coaching staff

Red_Aaron

It's a huge fee but then transfer fees don't really mean that much now, they're all bananas tbf

He's certainly got potential but I really don't think he's currently as good as so many are making out - Bellingham, Enzo, Rice, Tchouameni similarly priced and all better players at present imo

Similar to the hojlund deal I suppose, big money but good potential - could probably go either way

Given the scouse are commited to making TAA work somewhere in their first 11 I wouldn't be surprised to see caicedo at RB as much as he is in midfield

gajender

@Fortitude Well it seems I was way off with how highly Caicedo is rated and fees mentioned are real eye opener for me .
Still don't believe We are missing out but it would be interesting to see how much of difference he makes at Liverpool .

Last edited:

Alemar

Some serious business from Liverpool. We’d rather stop penny pinching for Todibo, then

Dannn411

Say what you want about the fee but that is a super signing for Liverpool. They don't need to spend on CMs again for the next decade. In the space of two months they have managed to totally revamp and modernize the clear weak spot in their team and they have now managed to put together two separate midfields in the space of 5 years that's better than anything we've had since 2013.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Thankfully I have never been desperate for Rice or Caicedo so Im indifferent since they all went for stupid overpriced money which means big chance of failure.

Theyre not Arturo Vidal of 2014, you know what I mean?
But Vidal wouldn't be had for these prices as that's a different calibre of player.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Should I say in capital letters again.

THIS €100M+ TRANSFER GENERALLY NEVER WORK OUT

People should chill out, be extremely happy it's not United paying it. We'll be here in the next 2-3 years you'll see how massively they will flop. We have been there as United we know it, how people don't realise this patterns is a bit perplexing.

Enzo was signed on those fees, I said the same. I said he will take the Pogba route, looking good for some period then they will know he won't help them that much.

Rice will also follow the same route.
Caicedo will also take the same path.
Bellingham, Tchouameni of this world will also follow the same paths. This signings mostly never work. We've been there as United we know.
Extremely proud it's not us paying those fees.
Tbf the two times Liverpool broke the transfer record for a GK and CB they signed Alisson and Van Dijk so forgive me for taking your sermon with a pinch of salt…

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Think there is a wee bit of overrating here... They'll be lucky if he can be like prime Fabinho, who cost less than half of that.
I'd pay that fee for a 21 year old who plays like prime Fabinho

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It truly is an arms race and I think the league will be mental this year. Could see City or even Arsenal struggling for top 4

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
A shame for Brighton, I would have liked to see them play Europe for the first time with most of the team that got them there but you can't argue with that fee...

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
At least we can call them out on the bullshit Bellingham pull out move now. They didn't pull out, he clearly wanted Madrid.

Jokes aside it's a great move for arguably the second best performer in midfield in the league last season. It's also quite telling when 3 traditional 'top 6' clubs chase you over a paid of 8 months, all making serious bids.

But as with any Liverpool transfer, I hope this goes desperately wrong.

Poor Soton, replaced by Brighton in Liverpool's transfer modelling system now. RIP

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Serious over reaction in here. Some of you are going on as though thos lad is the best midfielder in the world, in reality he was filling in at left back for Brighton for a few games in the second half of last season.
Wasn’t he playing RB? Which is exactly where Liverpool have giant TAA shaped hole in transitions.

Ace of Spades

Casemiro has a bunch of experience that is of high value. But Caicedo is quick and can run all day. Furthermore, Caicedo is more press resistant. Better passer of the ball in the build up.
The only thing Caicedo has is better passing accuracy, but Casemiro is no slouch. He does better defensively on almost all metrics and is well ahead offensively than both.

He is simply a better player.

Highfather_24

I was mentally prepared for Caicedo->Chelsea, but this sucks man. He improves Liverpool so much, and under Klopp its a whole different prospect.

dasty

It seems like this place rates Caicedo, who had 1 good season and have never played in Europe, higher than Casemiro last season when we signed him, after winning 5 CLs.

When Liverpool sign a player off 1 good season in EPL for €130m you lot are creaming yourself and praise Liverpool for their amazing business. Man Utd sign a player for €70m you lot cry to the high heavens asking for God to just end your life and stop your suffering. You lot are better off posting in RAWK.

This place can be hilariously dumb at times.

avgp_1

Caicedo, MacAllister and Szoboszloi is a tremendous midfield tbh. Lots of mobility, industry, press resistance in there for high tempo football. And all of them are at a great age, this is a mega rebuild job

Status
Not open for further replies.