Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Two things spring to mind

1. Caicedo is a very good player but £111 million for a player with one full year of premier league football is mental
  2. We should have signed him when we had the chance
Please read up why we didn't sign him in 2021

Red Rash

Please read up why we didn't sign him in 2021
I remember it was related to agent fees or something but still Brighton managed to get the deal done.

We didn't sign him and moved on of course but he could definitely be a player who got away.

croadyman

I remember it was related to agent fees or something but still Brighton managed to get the deal done.

We didn't sign him and moved on of course but he could definitely be a player who got away.
Rifht this is the LAST time I explain this. Brighton had advantage due to the fact they had knowledge from a previous deal with South American player who had the same complicated ownership

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I can’t see how Chelsea are the most successful team in the PL in the last 20 years.

But anyway let’s be fair, the only thing going for Chelsea at the moment is the amount of money that’s being thrown around and that’s hardly being spent in a shrewd way so far.
As we saw with Kante (who United/Jose also tried hard to sign) in 2016, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

We're firmly at the period now where the young/peak players grew up watching the Drogba/Lampard/Cech era followed by the Hazard/Cesc/Azpi/Costa one, law of averages would suggest a not insigficant amount of top players would have been supporting the club during those times.

parmenio

People on here trying to defend Chelski it’s beyond funny. Next will be City are a well ran club. This debacle is all that is wrong in footy.

Grande

I'm just disappointed that everyone around us is getting 100 million players and we're letting Kane go to Bayern. Amrabat, Pavard and Ferguson would be great before the end of the transfer window. Could our hesitation in getting another striker in, being the comeback of Greenwood?
I think when we count the sums in September, United will have spent a good deal if money on maybe five players, recouping just a part of it. Buying Kane would be cool, but it would probably mean another year of overloading Eriksen and Casemiro, De Gea hoofings or Maguire mishaps.

croadyman

I think when we count the sums in September, United will have spent a good deal if money on maybe five players, recouping just a part of it. Buying Kane would be cool, but it would probably mean another year of overloading Eriksen and Casemiro, De Gea hoofings or Maguire mishaps.
He never gave us that encouragement

Giggsy13

I think it’s time people got over the fact we didn’t get Caicedo 2 years. We were an incompetently run club under Woodward and there was no chance we’d figure out a deal that complicated with Matt Judge leading negotiations. It would be a much different story today under Murtough who seems generally more competent in football operations. Let Chelsea have Caicedo for that ridiculous fee, we have a gem in Mainoo who cost the club next to nothing.

Last edited:

croadyman

I think it’s time people got over the fact we didn’t get Caicedo 2 years. We were an incompetently run club under Woodward and there was no chance we’d figure out a deal that complicated with Matt Judge leading negotiations. It would be a much different story today under Murtough who seems generally more competent in football operations. Let Chelsea have Caicedo for that ridiculous fee, we have a gem in Mainoo who the club cost next to nothing.
Yeah you have absolutely nailed it there and same reason we missed out on others

mikeyt

Didn't I read somewhere this lad is United fan, if that's true and he's snubbed the scousers, he's a top lad whether he ever plays for us or not.

OverratedOpinion

Based on Poch making a mid-table spurs a regular top4 contender, a champions league finalist and improving players.
So he took Spurs to the top 4? Like Harry Redknapp.

He also came within a breath of being knocked out of that Champions League run by Ten Hag's Ajax side that was put together for literally a fraction of the budget.

Ten Hag absolutely obliterated the league he was supposed to win in. He did it in a way that hadn't been seen in decades, getting a Dutch team to compete in the Champions League. Poch went to a league where he had a higher budget than the rest of the league combined and lost the league title. Harder to lose than to win.

Ten Hag took 1 season in England to win something (unlike Poch ever could) and take us from 6th place to 3rd. Improving players, like Shaw, Rashford, Wan Bissaka to name a few.

I actually think they are fairly close but there is no valid argument that Poch is better right now. If he wasn't your manager and was back at Spurs and you heard a Spurs fan say that you'd laugh at them.

Last edited:

RedCurry

Brighton are Dortmund of PL these days. They have a system which far exceeds summation of individual players. I would be very cautious signing players from them.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
Still think he will go to Liverpool. Just hope he doesn't.
Guess it depends on what structure the Chelsea deal takes and whether Brighton are happy with it. The deal for Adams suddenly falling through seems to suggest Chelsea are trying to cobble the money together somehow but they probably want it spread over a long period which Brighton might not be willing to do. Good luck trying to sell down the line, his agent seems a dick to deal with :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Guess it depends on what structure the Chelsea deal takes and whether Brighton are happy with it. The deal for Adams suddenly falling through seems to suggest Chelsea are trying to cobble the money together somehow but they probably want it spread over a long period which Brighton might not be willing to do. Good luck trying to sell down the line, his agent seems a dick to deal with :lol:
He’s 21. They won’t need to sell anytime in the foreseeable future.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Ten Hag is not a better manager than Poch and even Arterta is debatable. Only Guardiola and Klopp are better than Poch.
This true, you will see many people say otherwise, but Pochettino is much more accomplished. That is why all the big clubs were after Pochettino and not these other managers.

Back to the thread topic, Caceido is exactly the missing piece in Pochettino midfield. It gives Pochettino the flexibility to play different system and also allow Enzo to play more further up the pitch. I do not agree with his current evaluation, but if Liverpool was willing to pay that much, I m guessing Caceido may be worth that much.

Glorio

Can you imagine if Chelsea can't meet the selling price? What happens then?
Will he stay with Brighton, who will need to forgo £111M?
Or will he turn grudgingly turn up at Liverpool, trying to convince everyone that he's dreamed of the move all his life? :lol:

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
He’s 21. They won’t need to sell anytime in the foreseeable future.
He could bomb or just be average at either club, like you said he's 21 with one good season behind him in a well drilled team, it not a guaranteed thing. Whoever gets him is taking a punt and his agent is just the cherry on top.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Can you imagine if Chelsea can't meet the selling price? What happens then?
Will he stay with Brighton, who will need to forgo £111M?
Or will he turn grudgingly turn up at Liverpool, trying to convince everyone that he's dreamed of the move all his life? :lol:
1. Zebri has said he's done with Moises, so staying that can't be an option.
2. After seeing the articles about his agents I take back some of the bad things I said about Moises.
3. Liverpool have not withdrawn their offer. Brighton only have one offer. Any other offer seems to be a myth in the making.

Not that I want him if his agents come as baggage, they will create huge trouble.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
The Liverpool fans will pretend that this delay was just his mean agents trying to get more money and he wanted to join all along.
More importantly where will that leave our strangely chirpy Utd friends? :)

Gandalf

More importantly where will that leave our strangely chirpy Utd friends? :)
I don't believe Chelsea would have cancelled the Adams deal if they were not coming back in with another offer and all signs point to that being the case. I know Brighton set a deadline but the reality is that whether it is the player or his agents who are driving this it will come down to the club that they choose, Brighton cannot force him to accept an offer and have now accepted he is leaving which allows Chelsea the time to put in an offer on their schedule. Regardless of the outcome it is clearly funny if you are on the outside looking in so we will remain chirpy and in the long run you are probably better off being snubbed considering the way the people advising him conduct their business.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I don't believe Chelsea would have cancelled the Adams deal if they were not coming back in with another offer and all signs point to that being the case. I know Brighton set a deadline but the reality is that whether it is the player or his agents who are driving this it will come down to the club that they choose, Brighton cannot force him to accept an offer and have now accepted he is leaving which allows Chelsea the time to put in an offer on their schedule. Regardless of the outcome it is clearly funny if you are on the outside looking in so we will remain chirpy and in the long run you are probably better off being snubbed considering the way the people advising him conduct their business.
I don't disagree with most of that, specially problems long term with the dodgy agents. Unless we can convince him to ditch them somehow.

The agents can't choose a club that have not and cannot bid despite their grand gestures to do so.

Fully Fledged

Yep. Still means we can laugh at Jurgen I'll quit before signing a player for £100m Klopp offering £110m for a player only for the player to say he would rather go to Chelsea.

AdNani

This true, you will see many people say otherwise, but Pochettino is much more accomplished. That is why all the big clubs were after Pochettino and not these other managers.

Back to the thread topic, Caceido is exactly the missing piece in Pochettino midfield. It gives Pochettino the flexibility to play different system and also allow Enzo to play more further up the pitch. I do not agree with his current evaluation, but if Liverpool was willing to pay that much, I m guessing Caceido may be worth that much.
'All of the big clubs'

he's managed PSG, and failed to win the league after being in charge for half the season. appealing. since then he's been unemployed. Whilst United actively chose ETH over Poch.

sepulturite

:lol: :lol:

GJNJ

Maybe we can get him on a free when his 13 year contract ends at Chelsea.

Zen86

As we saw with Kante (who United/Jose also tried hard to sign) in 2016, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

We're firmly at the period now where the young/peak players grew up watching the Drogba/Lampard/Cech era followed by the Hazard/Cesc/Azpi/Costa one, law of averages would suggest a not insigficant amount of top players would have been supporting the club during those times.
Possibly. If he’s a Chelsea fan then fair enough, but has he ever declared anything like that? Either way, it’s hilarious if he snubs the scousers :D

Devil You Know

Didn't I read somewhere this lad is United fan, if that's true and he's snubbed the scousers, he's a top lad whether he ever plays for us or not.
He said he was a United/Real Madrid fan.

Basically any big club that bats their eyelids in his direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.