Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

90 + 5min

If Chelsea do sign him, they really don’t understand value of players. One more player that is worth about 1/7 at best of what they seems to pay.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The thing all about all these stupid transfer fees, apart from the impact it has on teams ability to sign players, is the impact on the clubs bottom line. If players cost twice as much, clubs aren't making as much money. Guess who that cost gets passed onto?
It's more than just these actions from individual clubs. When you hear of how much more money PL clubs are getting from each new TV deal, who do you reckon is paying for that? The whole thing stinks.

redshaw

With these long contracts you'd hope the players agent has put in some good clauses.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Should have gone all out for Osimhen if you have that much money to spend.
I don’t know that our people rate Osimhen that highly.

We’ve spent huge when our staff told us players were massive difference makers, but we also shifted from Gcardiology in a heartbeat when our staff told us Badiashile and our in-house Colwill were as good or better.

Osimhen has been out there for “possible” big figures for awhile, but our people were locked on to Jackson early. We are going to have faith in Broja (who MANY top clubs were fishing to buy over the last two years), and Poch has sanctioned promoting Burstow. Bursting us really, really good… and the way the old regime worked we would probably been faced with paying 60m to buy him back in 3 years after he was sold without a sniff of a chance.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
With these long contracts you'd hope the players agent has put in some good clauses.
Nobody in America sees contracts as permanent things; they are tools for manipulating soft and hard caps like FFP.

Renegotiations at different points are inevitabilities, to the benefit of both sides.

SAFMUTD

Hahahaha brighton must be laughing their asses off. I mean they had already accepted a 110M offer from liverpool. The player says he only wants Chelsea and instead of staying with their 105M offer using the players will to their advantage they offer 115M. What the actual feck hahaha I mean at least they could just match Liverpool's offer Brighton had already accept it. But nah lets throw 5 extra million there. Who's the moron negotiating those deals? :lol: :lol: :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Hahahaha brighton must be laughing their asses off. I mean they had already accepted a 110M offer from liverpool. The player says he only wants Chelsea and instead of staying with their 105M offer using the players will to their advantage they offer 115M. What the actual feck hahaha I mean at least they could just match Liverpool's offer Brighton had already accept it. But nah lets throw 5 extra million there. Who's the moron negotiating those deals? :lol: :lol: :lol:
They wouldn't accept an offer lower than 110m. Chelsea have paid more because the way the money will be paid will be different.

Redfrog

It’s like there is no planing in Chelsea’s transfer strategy. They have Caicedo and Enzo Fernandez as the midfield. I don’t get were the creativity will come. They have no one to create or score goals.

Redfrog

They wouldn't accept an offer lower than 110m. Chelsea have paid more because the way the money will be paid will be different.
When the guy signing the checks is a clown, for sure you have to pay more. Bohely is bat sh*t crazy, even worse then Woody.

December_16

It’s like there is no planing in Chelsea’s transfer strategy. They have Caicedo and Enzo Fernandez as the midfield. I don’t get were the creativity will come. They have no one to create or score goals.
Gallagher? Or full back bombing forward to create? Mwahahaha

SAFMUTD

Still Chelsea had an advantage with the player refusing to join another club, they didnt use it. If anything Chelsea had bid 105M and Liverpool outbest it at 110M I dont think Chelsea's terms changed because they up their bid from 105 to 115M. They just were willing to pay more, its a big dick competition now with Boehly trying to win it.

Redfrog

Gallagher? Or full back bombing forward to create? Mwahahaha
Will you be happy with that honestly ?
Our fans regularly criticize Bruno who is 10 times the player Gallagher is.
And when you put all your eggs in the Reece basket, you’ll be upset when you realize he is always injured.

December_16

Will you be happy with that honestly ?
Our fans regularly criticize Bruno who is 10 times the player Gallagher is.
And when you put all your eggs in the Reece basket, you’ll be upset when you realize he is always injured.
Oh as a United fan I don’t give a crap. If anything, I will very much enjoy the prospect of Chelsea struggling with big money signings but don’t perform like I did last year.

Will Chelsea fans be happy? I don’t know, at least they have several shiny new toys to obsess over, isn’t that something.

Anustart89

That graph makes me want to blow my own brains out. What the feck have we been doing?
We've spent awfully, but almost as important is the fact that we've sold really poorly. We could've sold the likes of Tuanzebe and Henderson for about £50-60m combined at the right point in time if we weren't so obsessed with the idea that a player's going to sort out a position for 10 years as soon as he shows some promise out of the academy.

OrcaFat

We've spent awfully, but almost as important is the fact that we've sold really poorly. We could've sold the likes of Tuanzebe and Henderson for about £50-60m combined at the right point in time if we weren't so obsessed with the idea that a player's going to sort out a position for 10 years as soon as he shows some promise out of the academy.
I know I just can’t understand how we let it happen, for years. Well, I can - we had the wrong people getting involved in football decisions. You can argue that selling players is a financial decision but it isn’t really - if a coach doesn’t want a player the club has to sell him, not give him a new contract so you can sell him later. (Oversimplified but essentially true).

Revan

Assumptionman
I know I just can’t understand how we let it happen, for years. Well, I can - we had the wrong people getting involved in football decisions. You can argue that selling players is a financial decision but it isn’t really - if a coach doesn’t want a player the club has to sell him, not give him a new contract so you can sell him later. (Oversimplified but essentially true).
It shouldn’t be a coach’s decision. Chelsea coaches have zero input on what academy players get sold, but they have been getting a shitload of money from that.

I think it is mostly us being indecisive. We refuse to sell until everyone knows that the player in question is shit. We are indecisive at everything, just look at how we are handling Greenwood’s situation (should have reached a verdict months ago).

OrcaFat

It shouldn’t be a coach’s decision. Chelsea coaches have zero input on what academy players get sold, but they have been getting a shitload of money from that.

I think it is mostly us being indecisive. We refuse to sell until everyone knows that the player in question is shit. We are indecisive at everything, just look at how we are handling Greenwood’s situation (should have reached a verdict months ago).
I couldn’t give a shit who decides but it has to be somebody who knows football and isn’t a fecking cretin.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If you think Enzo isn't creative maybe it's time to follow a different sport.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Imagine being rejected for Chelsea. :lol: :lol: Klopp who said he’d never spend over 100m on a player… still hasn’t but tried.

0161_UNITED

This irrating, portly, tossbucket-shitehawk has spent the better part of his undoubtedly intricately devised and most certainly celibate evening railing about this failed transfer:

I watched about 5 minutes, and I had one thought for all the mods. He spent an inordinate amount of time angry about Fabrizio Romano, like some of these mad hatters on here, and it got me thinking. What if complaining about about Romano was like a traffic violation here in America, where you're forced to watch a video, the video stops and you have to answer questions about you've learned until it's completed... I've had to this, and it's incredibly annoying and indeed a deterrent.

It's like a "Red Cafe Fabrizio Romano violation", you complain, you have to watch this video in it's entirety and it stops intermittently and confirms you've been listening. Mods, I hope you're listening. @Carolina Red will understand what I'm talking about, I suspect. This is brilliant. I have spoken.

By the way, don't watch this, it's crap.

Last edited:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Redfrog

If you think Enzo isn't creative maybe it's time to follow a different sport.
Yeah, he is DeBruyne and Bruno in the same body mate. So you count on him to create all your chances. Good luck with that. He has two decisive passes and no goals in 22 games for you. He creates a lot, but no goals.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just finished playing snooker so wasn't able to keep up. I've read some posts that a 9+ year contract is on the table. Has a bid been submitted to Brighton or are we still about the 'imminent' stage?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, he is DeBruyne and Bruno in the same body mate. So you count on him to create all your chances.
Yes because there's no middle ground between De Bruyne/Bruno Guimarães and not being creative atall.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Brighton have zero reason to accept a bid less than Pool’s and they defo won’t accept the same bid as Chelsea missed the deadline they set for the bidding to end. So yeah they need to make it worth Brighton’s time. Caicedo isn’t about to turn down a transfer to liverpool if Brighton say Chelsea’s bid is unacceptable.

Redfrog

Yes because there's no middle ground between De Bruyne/Bruno Guimarães and not being creative atall.
I was speaking about Bruno Fernandes, a very creative player.
If you putting all your hopes in one guy to create, there is no middle ground. You just sold Mount, a player who can creat a bit to us and your most creative player has 2 assists and no goals in 22 games for you.

But if you are happy with your creative and attacking options tell me please. Because I am not impressed at all.

LM7

Supports
chelsea
The extra 5 million is most likely for easier payment structure and no sell-on clause like the deal they had with Liverpool.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
My guess would be hat Liverpools offer was in payment schedules more preferable to Brighton: more up front in the first payment t and maybe in two installments instead of 3 or 4.

Chelsea have been known to sweeten a pot to get closer to the terms they want. The terms ultimately are the more important factor anyway. Also, the are a highly competent Venture investment firm: the extra years they get to keep that 30 to 60m working for them is worth more than the 5 extra .

In short, because they are smart.

SAFMUTD

Brighton have zero reason to accept a bid less than Pool’s and they defo won’t accept the same bid as Chelsea missed the deadline they set for the bidding to end. So yeah they need to make it worth Brighton’s time. Caicedo isn’t about to turn down a transfer to liverpool if Brighton say Chelsea’s bid is unacceptable.
Brighton's time wasnt wasted because of Chelsea. It was because of Caicedo also do you think Brighton would rather keep an unhappy Caicedo rather than accept a 5M less offer? Were talking about 105 freaking million here.

SAFMUTD

My guess would be hat Liverpools offer was in payment schedules more preferable to Brighton: more up front in the first payment t and maybe in two installments instead of 3 or 4.

Chelsea have been known to sweeten a pot to get closer to the terms they want. The terms ultimately are the more important factor anyway. Also, the are a highly competent Venture investment firm: the extra years they get to keep that 30 to 60m working for them is worth more than the 5 extra .

In short, because they are smart.
For all the evidence we have as them managing a football club they can be seen as anything but smart. They spent the most a football club has spend ever and they manage to get 12 place. 12 freaking place.

In short, they're not very smart football wise.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Brighton's time wasnt wasted because of Chelsea. It was because of Caicedo also do you think Brighton would rather keep an unhappy Caicedo rather than accept a 5M less offer? Were talking about 105 freaking million here.
Read my explanation above: the difference is almost certainly tied to the number of payments and the terms of the payments.

The structure of the real is as important if not more important than the total figure these days. Because it iant about the money. The different nvestne t tiers around Clearlake take in new investment all the time and they up the money as needed. The just spent another 700m n the Canary Wharf project in what is a vision for the entire section of London apparently, not just he football team.

Structure is where FFP and cap flexibility come into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.