Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Probably the best midfielder in the history of the game.

Chief123

He is not tall, right? But even it’s true, I don’t worry. Pool has no tall midfielders, aerial challenge is not a problem for them. Athletic and tough guys can form a real good system in the midfield.
let’s get him!
Best defensive midfielder in the world is pint size!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
At reported transfer fee, shall be a very good deal actually, because reinforcements in his position are long needed. He will be competing with Fred, most likely, based on how he plays
Whats the reported fee?

Cathy Ferguson

At reported transfer fee, shall be a very good deal actually, because reinforcements in his position are long needed. He will be competing with Fred, most likely, based on how he plays
USD 5m is a bargain. He seems quite similar to Fred but with an upgraded technical ability. Very exciting signing, much more so than Pellistri. Diallo also super interesting.

Andersonson

Hopefully he signs inn Jan and is complete shit.

He will then turn into a fantastic player, like Vida and Evra

CM

Don't mind these low risk type signings. We probably do need another body in midfield, even if it's just for the lesser cup games.

kirk buttercup

love this type of Signing. We have a few pokers in the fire now when it comes to Young players coming through.

Robbie Boy

Can't say I know anything about him but @Adnan knows his stuff and seemed positive about him so that's a good sign. Love all the youth recruitment since Ole's arrival.

Loon

:lol:
We seem to be moving for players before they make that second reputation-building move. Even if only one player works out of four, it's still cheaper than a world-record centreback fee.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can't say I know anything about him but @Adnan knows his stuff and seemed positive about him so that's a good sign. Love all the youth recruitment since Ole's arrival.
You know more than me mate. I've just heard positive stuff about the player and the poster in here who knows more than me about players in SA is @NYAS

But Tim Vickery seems to rate him very highly too which is a good sign.

Ekeke

As you say, most players are getting smaller on average now anyway. To deal with the pressing game you want to be more agile and able to turn sharper.

If we come against a team of giants we've got the likes of Mctominay to deal with it.

Football is being played a lot more on the floor now anyway.
The top teams maybe yes.

But the teams under the top teams still use players who are going to cause problems in the air. Thats one of the better ways to get at the teams focusing on their CBs playing out and not other parts of being a defender. An example would be teams like West Ham and Aston Villa. West Ham have Soucek who has probably been their best player, getting forward and being a threat in the air. And Villa have Watkins who has scored 2 with his head, as well as 2 with either foot. But importantly, having a weakness in the air isnt just about actual headed goals. An example there is Lindelof's goal where Martial got a flick on a set piece and that created a chance for someone else.

Teams will usually have at least 1 player right now who would fancy himself to get on the end of a set piece and cause trouble regardless of whether McTominay has joined Maguire in the lineup. We had the tallest team in the league under Mourinho and our weakness was still set pieces.

Robbie Boy

You know more than me mate. I've just heard positive stuff about the player and the poster in here who knows more than me about players in SA is @NYAS

But Tim Vickery seems to rate him very highly too which is a good sign.
You're the go-to guy on here, it's like having a Caf scout. Fair play, you genuinely are very insightful when it comes to summarising players, especially the more obscure ones. And you're a good lad too, will always take the time to give a detailed reply when anyone asks about players, managers etc. I appreciate it.

tjb

This should definitely be the policy going forward. It's served us well in the past and it's sustainable. Though every now and then a player emerges/becomes available where you decide to spend significantly (as we did with Rooney, van Persie, Stam, Yorke, etc.).

I'd classify Carrick as a top class purchase too. He was wanted by Arsenal too at the time, and what was it, 18.6m or something, wasn't cheap at the time.
In today's league we won't get carrick at all as 60m to 80m would be quoted. It's what happened with Maguire. Very good player, who is not world class, but with the transfer fee of a star.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You're the go-to guy on here, it's like having a Caf scout. Fair play, you genuinely are very insightful when it comes to summarising players, especially the more obscure ones. And you're a good lad too, will always take the time to give a detailed reply when anyone asks about players, managers etc. I appreciate it.
I appreciate it mate but please forgive when I'm wrong because I will be at times..

Castia

Going for highly rated young players is pretty exciting, I’m all for this.

Tarrou

just been watching some clips and he's impressive for his age

struggling to think of many players have been so physically dominant in midfield at that age, actually I can't think of any

also another crushing blow for Brexit FC

Status
Not open for further replies.