Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Romano has some kind of mental affliction which makes him want people to believe he’s got inside knowledge. He just loves to convey some kind of mystery and intelligence when the opposite is true-basically when he says something believe the opposite and you won’t go far wrong. Ballague has the same affliction. I think it stems from them lacking in something and craving attention.

Dicks
A bit harsh!

meamth

What is he though?

All action center mid?
Box to box?
Deep lying playmaker?

All of the above?

Member 101269

he reminds me of Eric Bailly. How is he tactically and can he concentrate...

GledTheRed

He should be able to get a work permit after featuring 4 times for the Ecuador national team this year - I think that will give Man United grounds for the exceptional talent initiative.

He looks really talented and this could turn out to be a coup. Hopefully he comes and does well.

I'm just trying to see where he will get his minutes because Europa is now a single leg affair. Maybe Watford in the FA Cup and if we need to rotate heavily in the league for whatever reason, but I expect us to go full-strength in the league. However, maybe he's better than we think and will play more than I anticipate
Europa is single leg yeah?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I think he may be god. My prediction yesterday of being the best player in the history of the game was far too reserved.

ovoxo

Giving me Senna vibes. Don't know shit about him but that's our midfield sorted so we just need a CB now.
Still remember when we were supposed to sign him and we pulled the plug on the deal. Sad times. Hopefully Caicedo becomes our DM. Matic will probably stay another season and help him.

croadyman

Enjoyed this!
Just got a few scares knowing that some of those tackles of his, he won't get away with in England.

But loved his ability and passing on the ball, love this, hope I didn't waste my time watching that video and he doesn't sign for us :lol:
Yeah would need to watch going to ground and hooking leg to win the ball over here especially with VAR in place.Having said that he does also demonstrate ability to intercept the ball effectively in this video too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Romano is an absolute spoofer. Knows no more about this than the United muppitiers I'd say
It’s his absolute classic to say “personal terms not an issue” either. Like every journalist - he has his sources. Problem is he’s become too big in the football twitter world that he’s compelled to speak on every transfer like he’s involved. And he probably revels in it, like @Crustanoid states.

RUCK4444

Could be a good partnership, he’ll play right side of Fred. :p
I was thinking about this, could actually be a decent pairing, perhaps with Fred sitting more and this lad with a touch more freedom to step up and play the ball forward which is a weakness for Fred. Both have great engines.

Pretty much the same could be said for this lad and Scott as well. If this kid is the real deal we will have very good options in midfield.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He should be able to get a work permit after featuring 4 times for the Ecuador national team this year - I think that will give Man United grounds for the exceptional talent initiative.

He looks really talented and this could turn out to be a coup. Hopefully he comes and does well.

I'm just trying to see where he will get his minutes because Europa is now a single leg affair. Maybe Watford in the FA Cup and if we need to rotate heavily in the league for whatever reason, but I expect us to go full-strength in the league. However, maybe he's better than we think and will play more than I anticipate
That’s not correct?
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleag...league-round-of-32-draw-all-you-need-to-know/
The round of 32 first legs are scheduled for Thursday 18 February, with the second legs on 25 February.

Mark Pawelek

... I'm just trying to see where he will get his minutes because Europa is now a single leg affair. Maybe Watford in the FA Cup and if we need to rotate heavily in the league for whatever reason, but I expect us to go full-strength in the league. However, maybe he's better than we think and will play more than I anticipate
I guess the board anticipate Pogba leaving, and Matic performances are not up to last season. It seems this generational talent is going to be a thing at OT. Ecuadorian sources talk of him leaving for UK soon.

croadyman

Interesting to see he uses the phrase first signing in that tweet. My gut feeling from Whitwell is that if the club feel very much in the title picture on Jan 1 they could do more business.

Blood Mage

He looks like an exciting prospect but it's hard not to be underwhelmed if this is our Pogba replacement. More Glazer penny-pinching most likely.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Interesting to see he uses the phrase first signing in that tweet. My gut feeling from Whitwell is that if the club feel very much in the title picture on Jan 1 they could do more business.
Well him, Diallo would be counted as a January signing and I think we will want to try and get a CB if possible.

Seems that Rojo / Jones will be let go if we get a replacement.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He looks like an exciting prospect but it's hard not to be underwhelmed if this is our Pogba replacement. More Glazer penny-pinching most likely.
Surely van de Beek was is the intended Pogba replacement? Or we've just not signed him yet, this guy doesn't strike me as someone who'll be replacing Pogba. Not sure I'm arsed about "penny pinching" anyway, we've spent £80m+ on 3 different players and none have been an unarguable success.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Can't win can they?

"We need to sign the best!"

*Sign the best*

"They are only coming here for a pay cheque. We need cheaper, young hungry players with potential who want to be here, before they go to Dortmund or RB Leipzig and their value goes up 7 times."

*Sign young hungry player with potential who has gone on record as being a fan of the club before Dortmund and RB Leipzig*

"feckin' Glazer penny pinching"

Alemar

I'm just trying to see where he will get his minutes because Europa is now a single leg affair.
No need to buy him if he is unable to become a squad player already. And if he is able to, he will be playing just like VDB is doing now - some sub appearances here and there, less frequent starts here and there.

The difference will be that his competition won’t be Bruno and Pogba (as for VDB), but rather Fred, McTominay, Matic and Pogba.

Stacks

United really going for the talented youth approach. Thats 3 south americans. Guess we sick of other teams getting them first and then selling them to us for millions

kirk buttercup

Eh what ? I don't think this is penny pinching . We are looking at recruiting top young talent ,there is no Guarantee he will be a success but he looks to have bags of potential. I dont buy the replace Pogba thing really and I will explain why .Where is Paul Pogbas best position/Role ? where is he nailed on to play for United ?He is an incredibly gifted player but he doesnt seem to fit into our teams . That has always been the problem with Pogba we cant seem to balance the team with him in it which is a pity because I think he is a very talented player.

croadyman

Well him, Diallo would be counted as a January signing and I think we will want to try and get a CB if possible.

Seems that Rojo / Jones will be let go if we get a replacement.
Oh yeah I was thinking that Diallo was classed as a summer signing,do you think we are looking for young up and coming or vastly experienced when it comes to a CB.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Jeez when did this entertaining idea come from? He´s a prospect kind of signing. Same way Pellistri is for RW. If we sell Pogba we will spend that money on a proper replacement. This guy won´t go the first 11 for a little while if we do get him.

croadyman

Jeez when did this entertaining idea come from? He´s a prospect kind of signing. Same way Pellistri is for RW. If we sell Pogba we will spend that money on a proper replacement. This guy won´t go the first 11 for a little while if we do get him.
Last summer I was convinced that Grealish would be the Pogba replacement,however that was before they stayed up and he signed new deal

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
To be fair we did need a first-team right winger as well as Pellestri so that signing almost reinforces his point.

hubbuh

Yes, what we need to do is to spend another £80m + stonking wages to replace our outgoing £80m semi flop on stonking wages! The penny needs to drop at some point, mate. Our tried and failed method of going after the biggest names and throwing cash at the problem hasn't worked. That isn't to say that we never get involved in those sorts of deals again, but we certainly shouldn't be rushing into them again just for the sake of it.

croadyman

To be fair we did need a first-team right winger as well as Pellestri so that signing almost reinforces his point.
Wouldn't be surprised to still see us go for Sancho in the summer,however looking forward to seeing how Diallo goes

Tony247

I hope we are emulating Dortmund model and not Chelsea's buy and loan model.

arnie_ni

Why would you have to decide on a 5m transfer. You either think he has potential so its peanuts if he develops, or you don't so why even waste your time.

I think that's just thrown in there by him to stir people up

Holocene

Why would you have to decide on a 5m transfer. You either think he has potential so its peanuts if he develops, or you don't so why even waste your time.

I think that's just thrown in there by him to stir people up
He's making that part up so people think he's in the know.

Status
Not open for further replies.