Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony247

He is 19. Good potential may be but don't expect him to be a game changer right away.

Alemar

He is 19. Good potential may be but don't expect him to be a game changer right away.
Players like Camavinga and Fati started playing for their national teams (much better national teams than Ecuador) at 17. So at 19 a player (if he is destined to become a global superstar) already needs to regularly play for senior teams.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Last summer I was convinced that Grealish would be the Pogba replacement,however that was before they stayed up and he signed new deal
Won´t happen now, the ship has sailed unfortunately, unless there´s some kind of gentleman agreement Grealish can leave.

Perhaps we could revisit our Maddison front, who only started playing regularly after his injury. Would personaly prefer Grealish for sure. The replacement won´t be direct though, would rather want a player with flair like Camavinga but could do with a Kalvin Phillips type of signing. None of these seem remotely possible though.

croadyman

Definitely not expecting a game changer just someone who can get the ball and pick out our attacking players

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Won´t happen now, the ship has sailed unfortunately, unless there´s some kind of gentleman agreement Grealish can leave.

Perhaps we could revisit our Maddison front, who only started playing regularly after his injury. Would personaly prefer Grealish for sure. The replacement won´t be direct though, would rather want a player with flair like Camavinga but could do with a Kalvin Phillips type of signing. None of these seem remotely possible though.
Maddison just signed a 5 year deal I think. Only big money will prise him away now

Idxomer

Players like Camavinga and Fati started playing for their national teams (much better national teams than Ecuador) at 17. So at 19 a player (if he is destined to become a global superstar) already needs to regularly play for senior teams.
Not all footballers follow the same trajectory. Kante has been mentioned in this thread, he was playing in Ligue 2 when he was 23 and didn't start to play for France till he was 25.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Highlights can be deceptive but he certainly seems to be very well rounded for his age. Long and short passing, pretty mobile, very good tackler and even has a decent shot on him. Looks a real prospect.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Has any of this actually been confirmed by United?
They never respond to rumours and I don’t think they’ve been asked TBF

However if the Ecuadorean media and club etc are reporting it, think all they’re waiting for is the i’s dotted and t’s crossed before releasing a statement

SAFMUTD

After watching 3 youtube compilations Im all the way in the Caicedo train :drool:.Going to be totally devastated if we dont get him.

croadyman

They never respond to rumours and I don’t think they’ve been asked TBF

However if the Ecuadorean media and club etc are reporting it, think all they’re waiting for is the i’s dotted and t’s crossed before releasing a statement
Yeah the Martial, Bailly & VDB stuff all broke in the foreign media then got picked up by the UK ones and then the club speak when all is sorted.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Funny how any player we are interested in, immediately gets known. Liverpool were basically able to sign Jota without any fanfare. They basically had him signed before anyone knew. With us its the opposite. The papers know everyone we are interested in.

croadyman

After watching 3 youtube compilations Im all the way in the Caicedo train :drool:.Going to be totally devastated if we dont get him.
If you go back to the seventh page of this thread someone has uploaded footage from the Ecuador v Uruguay game and might give a better insight

Tony247

He is one for the future. Considering we are so close to the first poisition in PL I am hoping (and expecting) we to sign some tactical reinforcement, an experienced CB and RB perhaps.

Alemar

Considering we are so close to the first poisition in PL I am hoping (and expecting) we to sign some tactical reinforcement, an experienced CB and RB perhaps.
It would definitely be wise to sign an analogue to Alex Telles for RB, no doubts about that. Neither Fosu-Mensah nor Williams are good enough now to be cover for Bissaka.

In terms of CB, we don’t need anyone who is just “good” (we have cover in Bailly and Tuanzebe). For this position, what is needed is some “extremely good CB” (or even better than that).

croadyman

Will do thanks!
Can also pick up the second half of the game if you go to fullmatchsports.co and put Ecuador into the search box, would upload it here myself but I am not very technically minded when it comes to these sort of things

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Funny how any player we are interested in, immediately gets known. Liverpool were basically able to sign Jota without any fanfare. They basically had him signed before anyone knew. With us its the opposite. The papers know everyone we are interested in.
There was plenty of links to jota, you just aren’t as interested to other clubs transfers so it doesn’t seem so obvious

lex talionis

I'd prefer Maddison to Grealish, but I'm sure we have a Maddison thread for that discussion.

The Caicedo videos on Youtube are promising. Nothing wrong at all with a punt on younger players.

croadyman

It would definitely be wise to sign an analogue to Alex Telles for RB, no doubts about that. Neither Fosu-Mensah nor Williams are good enough now to be cover for Bissaka.

In terms of CB, we don’t need anyone who is just “good” (we have cover in Bailly and Tuanzebe). For this position, what is needed is some “extremely good CB” (or even better than that).
Who were you thinking we should be looking to bring in at RB then?

rotherham_red

It's being picked up from across the UK papers and journalists now, so you'd have to think this is close to a resolution next month. Would love this signing to go through, potentially very exciting.

reddevilz007

We’re a business, Woodward loves the media exposure. It’s good for his business and to go get commercial agreements.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He will easily, very easily find a spot in many top leagues if he immediately goes on loan. I don't think it'll happen though, he will be in the team to acclimate. He's quality.

laughtersassassin

I wonder if he is joining in January or the summer. Might be like Diallo and take a few months to sort his work permit

RUCK4444

He will easily, very easily find a spot in many top leagues if he immediately goes on loan. I don't think it'll happen though, he will be in the team to acclimate. He's quality.
Yeah if we can I would rather try to get him mixing with the squad and a tentative outing in the Europa or a cup game if possible.

See how he does before we send him on loan.

The kid looks a strong lad and certainly seems to have the engine.

Why I’m so keen to try this is due to how bad Matic now is for us whenever he plays, I can’t see how this kid could be more of a risk than him to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.