Television Moon Knight: Disney Plus

Drifter

American
Don't know anything about this character, but there seems to be a buzz about this series.

Moon Knight - Official Trailer

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Don't know anything about this character, but there seems to be a buzz about this series.

I think it has a lot of potential to be very good given the source material.

Think it’s a great casting choice as well too.I love that Disney are working with Marvel to get lesser known but story rich characters into the MCU.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Trailer has a touch of Fight Club about it. Love it.

Marc Spectre/Moon Knight is one of Marvel’s more interesting characters - so definitely looking forward to this.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Big Oscar Isaac fan and this looks more Wandavision weird than Falcon Winter Soldier boring so I’m in.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Why is Oscar Isaac doing a British accent? Marc Spector is from Chicago. I suppose he has dissociative identities, so perhaps an easy way to flick between them on screen is to do a distinctly different accent. It also seems that American media's most recent reference point of a British accent is Monty Python.

Great to see Moon Knight on screen though, finally. The source material is so varied, I'm keen to see what direction they go in, or whether they ignore it and create something new. I just hope they don't clean up how violent the comics are. There's more than enough squeaky-clean Marvel content. I hope it goes more in the Deadpool/Punisher direction.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Don’t know much about the character but I’m looking forward to this series.

Oldyella

Can't wait. He's an interesting character and it really looks intriguing. Hope we get Dracula too just for the memes :lol:

Adamsk7

This looks great and very much looks like an amalgamation of a lot of the different comics runs. Can clearly see Werewolf by night on the floor getting pummelled there too. I’m looking forward to what they do with these more other worldly characters - wouldnt be surprised to see Kitt Harrington’s Black Knight or Blade show up in this.

Oldyella

I’m always curious when I see people in these threads who are obvious familiar with the source material in the comics. Do you guys buy comics? Like actual hard copy? Is that still a thing? Or has it all moved online?
I buy the occasional hard cover collection if a run has had good press or hype. That's it now, used to spend a lot when I was younger on physical copies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I’m always curious when I see people in these threads who are obvious familiar with the source material in the comics. Do you guys buy comics? Like actual hard copy? Is that still a thing? Or has it all moved online?
Marvel has a Netflix-like platform for their catalogue that goes back decades. It's actually overwhelming just how much content you get for £9.99 a month.

Comics, and paperback collections are still very much a thing though, as comics haven't quite transitioned online as well as normal paperback books have. I still buy quite a lot of the paperback collections rather than single issues, and I'm glad it's not all online yet, as it's one of the few things I do at home that doesn't involve looking at a screen.

flameinthesun

This looks great and very much looks like an amalgamation of a lot of the different comics runs. Can clearly see Werewolf by night on the floor getting pummelled there too. I’m looking forward to what they do with these more other worldly characters - wouldnt be surprised to see Kitt Harrington’s Black Knight or Blade show up in this.
From what i've read its most likely Anubis getting pummeled rather than werewolf by night. Could be wrong tho!

flameinthesun

Why is Oscar Isaac doing a British accent? Marc Spector is from Chicago. I suppose he has dissociative identities, so perhaps an easy way to flick between them on screen is to do a distinctly different accent. It also seems that American media's most recent reference point of a British accent is Monty Python.

Great to see Moon Knight on screen though, finally. The source material is so varied, I'm keen to see what direction they go in, or whether they ignore it and create something new. I just hope they don't clean up how violent the comics are. There's more than enough squeaky-clean Marvel content. I hope it goes more in the Deadpool/Punisher direction.
Yeah probably to distinguish between personalities. Also the main personality in the trailer is Steven Grant, although Mark Spector shows up as well. If you put on the captions you can see when he's Steven and when he's Mark

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I still buy paperback comics, which range from anything produced/published by MARVEL, DC or Dark Horse or from independent artists/writers (Jean Giraud, Seth etc) .
I tend to be somewhat be old-school though where it concern the major publicizations, more so from MARVEL with Kirby, Miller, Ditko, Romita being the obvious avenue I tend to go down.

Hamnat

I buy the occasional hard cover collection if a run has had good press or hype. That's it now, used to spend a lot when I was younger on physical copies.
Same I used to go to the comics shop every week and collected them as a kid-college. But now it's all online I read them on my tablet.

As far as Moon Knight goes, he's one I'm not very familiar with. I know of him and the basic gist of it but, this should be another fun obscure Marvel property I go in pretty fresh with.

I would think this would be one of the rarer Marvel series that anyone could just start here with. As he really doesnt have many direct ties to the main Marvel properties. I'd expect maybe Blade could fit, or Black Knight if you want to get weird and it looks like he's in London.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Expecting a London bus to stop for you is arguably the most unrealistic thing I saw in this trailer.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Like the sound of his rogue gallery. Arsenal, The Boogie Man, Slug, The Night Shift :lol:

evil_geko

I still buy hard copies as I don't get the enjoyment in reading digital comics, at all, I just can't. I mostly buy European comics and some Mangas though, with some DC novel here and there. I find Marvel too predictable and formulaic.

Dylan Dog is my childhood favorite comic so I still buy them to this day. I still can't believe how horrible the Dylan Dog adaption with Brandon Routh was.

Green_Red

The ad looks good and the character is unknown. I'm all for something new so will give it a look.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Interesting trailer. I don't know anything about the character, but it looks like it may be good, and generally I'll give anything Marvel puts out a go.

Skizzo

JoaquinJoaquin

Moon Knight one of my favourite ever comic characters, so really intrigued to see this. Hope they don't feck it up.

Sylar

Really interested to see what direction they go especially with Marvel bringing on lesser known characters (especially the weird and wacky ones) and given them a full story.

I like the casting as well.

RedDevilRoshi

Airs tomorrow.

Don’t know much about the character but looking forward to this.

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I predict the protagonist will save the day at the end of the series, and people will lose their mind that marvel have done it again and there's no originality, despite watching a series about a character they've probably never heard of before.

Hamnat

This was really good I thought. Creepy, a little bit twisted. I liked how they shot the "transition" scenes. So the audience can follow along with Steven's instability. Its like you are just as lost as he is and figuring it out with him.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Know nothing about this character, but watching the trailer I was quite excited about this. First episode, so far so good.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good start. I thought the accent was a bit goofy in the trailer, but it works, and it suits Steven's awkward character.

I didn't expect them to fully establish Steven/Marc's DID in the first ep, and thought they'd let that be a slow reveal.

Some of the CGI looked a bit ropey, but otherwise, good episode.

Oldyella

Really enjoyed it. The car chase had a few ropey effects but cleverly underplayed it's budget by the action coming during blackouts. Can't wait to see where the story goes.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
That was alright, solid start. Lets see where it goes.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
The more things I see Oscar Isaac in the more I like him, he's impressive imo.

I can't guess where this is going, know nothing about it and was getting Marvel Fatigue or the latest had been naff, but I'm interested now.