Television Moon Knight: Disney Plus

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Great episode, Oscar Isaac's performance has been incredibly good, you can even see the difference between Steven and Marc just from their facial expressions. Those scenes were like two completely different people.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I haven't seen the 5th episode yet but I really like it so far. I loved the 4th episode and the
Indiana Jones
vibes.

And as others have said: Oscar Isaac is really, really good in this.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
This series is more than just a Marvel series with the script and acting. Really can’t wait for Wednesday every week.

Hamnat

They had so much to accomplish in this finale I wasn't sure how they would manage it all and have a satisfying self contained season. But, I thought this was great. I liked all of it, especially the after credits reveal felt satisfying.

Swedish_Plumber

They had so much to accomplish in this finale I wasn't sure how they would manage it all and have a satisfying self contained season. But, I thought this was great. I liked all of it, especially the after credits reveal felt satisfying.
I have no idea where they go with it now, but that’s because of my general obliviousness to the character really.

Enjoyed most of the series, ten hospital scenes were by far my favourite. 7/10!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Fantastic series, disappointing finale though. Shortest episode of the lot. The first d+ series that has genuine rewatch value imo, despite the ending.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. They did a good job bringing to life what I felt was one of the more boring characters from the Marvel world.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Solid series. Didn’t know much about this character beforehand but I enjoyed it & Oscar Isaac was fantastic.

With the reveal in the post-credits scene, I’m hoping there’s more on-screen violence in the next season.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Loved it, but felt the final episode could've been feature length. It felt both rushed and short.

Looking forward to giving it a re-watch in the near future, without a week between each episode.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Started off well, but the final two episodes let it down massively. Felt like it was doing something that would have required an 8 or 10 episode season. To do it in the next to last episode was a bizarre choice. And so the final episode felt really rushed because of it. The writing in TV shows has taken a dramatic shift downward of late. They can set a show up, but have no idea how to end one.

Adamsk7

I am a sucker for Marvel stuff and I normally like the big superhero moments - as a fan of this stuff since a kid it’s hard not to be when it’s coming to life on screen - however I was so much more invested in the Mark/Steven internal/external struggle. TBH the whole Ammit plot felt quite boring and the stakes never seemed that high (despite what the characters were saying).

Minkaro

Good series, elevated by Oscar Isaac (and I thought Ethan Hawke was good too)

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I intensely dislike the cultural shift towards the post credits scenes in Marvel shit now being the actual defacto ending rather than a cute little treat…

The normal ending of this made almost no sense without the post credits scene. In fact the silly trope of deciding to not kill the big evil baddie (despite happily killing all sorts of randoms willy nilly in the preceding minutes/weeks) is not only dumb, but only there to make the post credits scene work, so it makes even less sense to not just make it the actual fecking ending.

Oldham

I intensely dislike the cultural shift towards the post credits scenes in Marvel shit now being the actual defacto ending rather than a cute little treat…

The normal ending of this made almost no sense without the post credits scene. In fact the silly trope of deciding to not kill the big evil baddie (despite happily killing all sorts of randoms willy nilly in the preceding minutes/weeks) is not only dumb, but only there to make the post credits scene work, so it makes even less sense to not just make it the actual fecking ending.
thanks for pointing out. I missed it...

Hamnat

From what the creators said in interviews there was meant to be bigger MCU cameos in both the beginning and the end scenes. And they decided that wasn't necessary so they cut it all out to make it more stand alone. Maybe that made the shift to what would have been the natural end of this episode to just the end credit here. I didn't mind it really but yes without that the end would have made no sense at all.

They also said Bushman the guy who killed Laylas dad was supposed to be the main bad from the original pitch. But, he was reading too similar to Killmonger from Black Panther. I thought that was interesting as I figured he was teased enough that he would be in whatever the next outing is.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Just watching Episode 4: The Tomb now. Just not feeling this series yet, otherwise I would have binged it by now like I did with WandaVision, Loki etc. I just find Steven really irritating with that voice and the way he keeps interrupting Michael when kicking ass and obviously needing the suit.

But I'll stick with it.

RedDevilRoshi

Finished it now. Started off really well but the last few episodes felt a little underwhelming. Overall not bad but felt it let itself down after a strong opening.

Oscar Isaac was fantastic though as Steven/Marc

Spoony

The People's President
Finished it now. Started off really well but the last few episodes felt a little underwhelming. Overall not bad but felt it let itself down after a strong opening.

Oscar Isaac was fantastic though as Steven/Marc

Was always going to be a bit of a let down once the plot unravelled. Still, it wasn't bad. I even forgave them for the deus ex in the finale because the fight between the two Egyptian gods reminded of Godzilla taking on another giant.

Traub

Was always going to be a bit of a let down once the plot unravelled. Still, it wasn't bad. I even forgave them for the deus ex in the finale because the fight between the two Egyptian gods reminded of Godzilla taking on another giant.
Reminded me more of the old power rangers battles.

Sylar

Enjoyed it overall. Think the wtf moment from ep4 was well done and made me wanna watch the next ep

Loved it, but felt the final episode could've been feature length. It felt both rushed and short.

Looking forward to giving it a re-watch in the near future, without a week between each episode.
Agree about the finale. Should have been longer which is what was needed to flesh a few things out
Also agree the mid credit should have been the ending and the post credit / mid credit could have been something else , anything else

Oscar Isaac is a fantastic actor.

b82REZ

Finished this last night.

Found it a mixed bag overall. The lead is a brilliant actor but there are so many discrepancies with the split personalities and them living separate lives. The seemed to forget they had Steve as a British man living in London and by the end they seemed to complete disregard that.

They've clearly wimped out of going full R rating with it and it feels like it's trying too hard to be edgy.

Spoony

The People's President
Finished this last night.

Found it a mixed bag overall. The lead is a brilliant actor but there are so many discrepancies with the split personalities and them living separate lives. The seemed to forget they had Steve as a British man living in London and by the end they seemed to complete disregard that.

They've clearly wimped out of going full R rating with it and it feels like it's trying too hard to be edgy.

It's Marvel. It's always going to be popcorn.