Television Moon Knight: Disney Plus

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Decent first episode but I think the more that is revealed, the more generic it'll become.

The English/London accents were irritating though but funnily enough not Isaac's.

Spoony

The People's President
Decent first episode but I think the more that is revealed, the more generic it'll become.

The English/London accents were irritating though but funnily enough not Isaac's.

He he he. I started tolerating his accent others were almost unlistenable.

Most unravelling plots keep you captivated let's hope this doesn't become completely generic.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The accent was kinda fine in its own weird contained non-existent way. It was consistent, and he didn’t pronounce anything wrong (apart from one really bad “bought”) which are what floors most terrible accents… it felt kinda lived in strangely, it just…. Isn’t an accent anyone actually has!

It helps that he’s charismatic and likeable, cos that character could’ve been very annoying in the wrong hands. Or a comedic car crash

7 Oscars/Oscar

Hamnat

Episode 2 another good one. A lot of exposition and plot compared to the first episode.
BTW if you scan the QR code in the episode it takes you to a free comic book

Last edited:

kps88

This is great. Biggest compliment I can give it is it doesn't feel like a Marvel thing at all so far.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This is great. Biggest compliment I can give it is it doesn't feel like a Marvel thing at all so far.
Agreed, yet so far it has also been very true to the source material. More so than any Marvel show or film, other than Deadpool IMO

They tend to go for mass appeal, but in these two episodes, they've kept it weird and over the top, which is cool.

Sylar

Really enjoyed the two episodes
The difference in accents makes senses given the double role

Looking forward to more

Sylar

Enjoyed ep 3
Good to see the extent of his powers

Always makes me laugh seeing the two different versions of the suit in action

Hamnat

I'm really liking how good Oscar's acting is in the persona swaps. His entire face and reactions shift so well.
I had forgotten about Gaspard's death after filming his scenes here till after the episode. R.I.P.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I just started watching this..well god damn. I'm loving everything about it. The comedy, the music, how well Oscar switches between his two characters. It's just an amazing show.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Thought episode 3 was a little disappointing compared to the first 2, felt like an aside they could have just skipped. Still think the series is great overall.

Sylar

I'm really liking how good Oscar's acting is in the persona swaps. His entire face and reactions shift so well.
I had forgotten about Gaspard's death after filming his scenes here till after the episode. R.I.P.
Yep it makes you believe it's two completely different people

cafecillos

Another impressive bit of acting from Isaac from episode 3 is when he has to lend his body to Khonshu for the "trial"

kps88

This started off well but the last two episodes have been a bit boring for me.

Hamnat

This episode was insane. I liked the whole Indy/Tomb Raider stuff for most of it. Then the abrupt swap at the end to whatever that was straight up weird, but interesting.

DC do TV far better than Marvel. MK is good but it's forgettable.
Animation sure....but DC have so many legit awful tv shows. All the arrow verse shows go off the rails after the second season pretty much. Batwoman has been terrible since the beginning. Titans is a poorly written mess

Mercurial

For those of you knowing the lore well. What was that hippo at the end? And are their more hidden personalities in those sarfocagii?

Hamnat

For those of you knowing the lore well. What was that hippo at the end? And are their more hidden personalities in those sarfocagii?
Taweret. Goddess of Childbirth and Fertility. When Layla and Steven first went in the tomb after the kiss I think those hippo statues were her.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Totally bonkers episode.

It's quite remarkable how Iscaac shifts so easily between being a total badass and a bit of a dork. Steven's mannerisms are just so delightfully goofy. It's a really great character, and one I was skeptical of in the beginning.

Mercurial

Taweret. Goddess of Childbirth and Fertility. When Layla and Steven first went in the tomb after the kiss I think those hippo statues were her.
Nice, the character indeed looked friendly or happy, the one they were after was a crocodile I think. So I was wondering on the hippo, the episode took an unexpected turn for the better and was pretty wild.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
That other personality is likely Jake Lockley, the one that killed everyone at the beginning of the episode

Mercurial

That other personality is likely Jake Lockley, the one that killed everyone at the beginning of the episode
interesting, this is shaping up to really good TV!

Spoony

The People's President
This episode was insane. I liked the whole Indy/Tomb Raider stuff for most of it. Then the abrupt swap at the end to whatever that was straight up weird, but interesting.

Animation sure....but DC have so many legit awful tv shows. All the arrow verse shows go off the rails after the second season pretty much. Batwoman has been terrible since the beginning. Titans is a poorly written mess

I've not seen any of those...but Doom Patrol and Peacemaker are far superior than any series by Marvel. Is The Boys DC? That's great too. That said I've enjoyed Marvel TV series. As for Moon Knight, yeah very Raiders and Tomb Raider but I thought the last 15 was cracking TV. Mainly because it kept viewers guessing. In terms of entertainment I hope they continue the chaotic unravelling plot.

Spoony

The People's President
I’ve given up after 3 episodes. Starts off intriguing then gets dull once all the choppy socky superhero stuff starts happening.

I think it picked up last episode but yeah the superhero stuff is dull. But Doom Patrol, Pogue! Why don't you listen???!!

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think it picked up last episode but yeah the superhero stuff is dull. But Doom Patrol, Pogue! Why don't you listen???!!
Ok, I’m intrigued. Will give it a crack. I thought The Boys was great. Disappointed by Peacemaker but probably had too high expectations after rave reviews on the caf. I mean, it’s grand but…

Hamnat

I've not seen any of those...but Doom Patrol and Peacemaker are far superior than any series by Marvel. Is The Boys DC? That's great too. That said I've enjoyed Marvel TV series. As for Moon Knight, yeah very Raiders and Tomb Raider but I thought the last 15 was cracking TV. Mainly because it kept viewers guessing. In terms of entertainment I hope they continue the chaotic unravelling plot.
The Boys is great. Funny enough it started off a DC property under ,Wildstorm, but they dropped it because of the anti hero tone. So most of it isn't DC they gave the rights back to the creator after a few and he finished them with an independent. They should have stuck with it and had another hit show though!

Spoony

The People's President
Ok, I’m intrigued. Will give it a crack. I thought The Boys was great. Disappointed by Peacemaker but probably had too high expectations after rave reviews on the caf. I mean, it’s grand but…

Yeah Peacemaker was disappointing considering the reviews. I think Doom Patrol does everything Peacemaker does but a lot better. Now that I've bigged it up, you'll probably hate me for suggesting it.

You'll love it, though.

Spoony

The People's President
The Boys is great. Funny enough it started off a DC property under ,Wildstorm, but they dropped it because of the anti hero tone. So most of it isn't DC they gave the rights back to the creator after a few and he finished them with an independent. They should have stuck with it and had another hit show though!

Have you seen Swamp Thing? It's on my list.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I’ve given up after 3 episodes. Starts off intriguing then gets dull once all the choppy socky superhero stuff starts happening.
I'd recommend watching episode 4, as there was literally no superhero action scenes. The most interesting part of the show is Marc/Steven's mental health, and the creators seem to be recognising that at least by keeping the Moon Knight parts to a minimum.

I sure hope it doesn't go the other way in the final two episodes.

Hamnat

This one was interesting. Reminded me of the Wanda Vision episode where she was forced to reconcile the trauma of her past.

Much more character introspection between the 2 main personas so far Mark and Steven. Really excellent acting from Oscar as he has done all series. This series for him has really been an acting showcase he can be proud of.

Lot left to do now in the final episode. But this series can definitely be multiple seasons.