More possession would work with United, not hoofing ball

JohnnyKills

The big problem is that none of our centre-backs with the exception of Lindelof, is comfortable on the ball. DDG is good with his feet, but not outstanding, and Valencia is shockingly bad at times.

Add to that the fact that Fellaini is extremely cumbersome on the ball, Lukaku is about as deft as a bulldozer and Herrera is out of form, and it's no surprise we've reverted to hoofball.

For all that, the problem lies with Mourinho. He should have upgraded in the FB positions and bought in another Carrick-like midfielder to play alongside Matic and Pogba. I also would have signed a more technically proficient forward than Lukaku.

desmondisback

It's a preference but I've always found possession football to be crap and unattractive. Barca at their peak was a very boring team for me.

We will have to agree to totally differ on that Barca team . However , I would be interested to know which historical past (or present) team you do admire? I can't imagine that you would not have been admiring PSG's football against Celtic recently?