Morgan Schneiderlin | BBC: Morgan Schneiderlin is currently having a medical at Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Southampton are determined to keep hold of him and would have no time to source a suitable replacement. Hence it would take a massive price to get him.

Santos J

Southampton are determined to keep hold of him and would have no time to source a suitable replacement. Hence it would take a massive price to get him.
Considering there's been interest prior to our supposed interest, they'd have obviously already looked at alternative if a big bid was to come in.

izec

Do you think he is better than Schneiderlin?
dont know, currently probably not, but ceiling probably higher. I would be sad to see Carvalho at Arsenal. in a few years he will be a monster. Schneiderlin would probably still be the best we can get at this moment.

izec

Considering there's been interest prior to our supposed interest, they'd have obviously already looked at alternative if a big bid was to come in.
they reportedly wanted Clasie from Feyenoord, but he signed an extension. They surely have other targets too.

FromTheBench

they reportedly wanted Clasie from Feyenoord, but he signed an extension. They surely have other targets too.
Feyenoord will still sell Classie for a 10 - 12 million round price extension or not.

gza the genius

Strootman seems inevitable in January, do we really have room for Blind, Strootman, and now Schneiderlin on top of Carrick and Fletcher, with only Herrera as a more attack minded center mid? It would be a little too much I think but obviously we could use Schneiderlin now and I think he'd be a great purchase.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Strootman seems inevitable in January, do we really have room for Blind, Strootman, and now Schneiderlin on top of Carrick and Fletcher, with only Herrera as a more attack minded center mid? It would be a little too much I think but obviously we could use Schneiderlin now and I think he'd be a great purchase.
Di Maria is also attack minded.

izec

so is this happening? i personally dont see us making a bid of 25-30m for him. Southampton are reluctant to sell, we probably will try for Strootman in January. Hope we go for both, we need a midfielder right now.

The Red Thinker

He reminds me so much of Carrick. He's got a really good passing range and has extreme calm about his play.

THen again, I think Daley Blind is much the similar player except that he plays deeper than Schneiderlin.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He reminds me so much of Carrick. He's got a really good passing range and has extreme calm about his play.

THen again, I think Daley Blind is much the similar player except that he plays deeper than Schneiderlin.
I think what really sets him apart from Carrick in terms of style is his athleticism and physicality which allows him to get involved in the physical battles and down to the nitty gritty which our midfield has really lacked. It is why Morgan gets a lot more tackles and commits a lot more fouls than Carrick. It is also the reason I think he is the perfect replacement. May not be as good at passing and reading the game but he still does both at a high level and he will play a big part in stopping us getting dominated by physically strong average midfielders like we have been in the past by the likes of Dembele and Fellaini.

ottosec

I dunno if it's true, but if it is it looks like we gave up on him and just got Blind instead.

DeMono

Here are more, but I spoilerd it as they had bad language.

Dan

Don't Koeman and Van Gaal hate each other? He might be difficult to get.

DeMono

Don't Koeman and Van Gaal hate each other? He might be difficult to get.
Yes they do. However, that did not stop Shaw coming. He is not the one who is getting the money.

FromTheBench

Blind is a holding player and Schneiderlin is box to box who can play deeper as well.

Don't see why we can't get him.

He can be Herrera backup or play alongside him.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Because Andy Mitten is always right isn't he? The Vidal stuff he came out with on tour turned out to be rubbish,

MDFC Manager

So we might have to shell out 25 million for him? That's expensive if we are also planning to get Strootman at a later stage. But what the hell, I'd love to see him here and he will make an instant impact. We definitely need another midfielder if Cleverley leaves too.

DeMono

TBF the Blind news was all over the media and had the smackings of a United media brief.
But no one made that extra step to say Blind was a done deal. All of them said we are interest throughout the window.

Deleted member 78215

Schneiderlin, Blind, Herrera, Carrick; looks good to me.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Status
Not open for further replies.