Morgan Schneiderlin | Everton Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

AN17

Yeah to be honest I’d be fine with him joining Everton (although I’d prefer West Brom – we’ve already played them twice in the league), especially since it looks like we’ll recuperate most if not all of what we paid to sign him.

What I won’t enjoy though is the smugness that I guarantee will emanate out of Goodison Park as soon as he turns in even the most remote prospect of a 6/10 performance. You see, I’ve discovered in the past half an hour that Everton as a football club have mastered the art of smugness. Let’s consider the managers first. Way back when, bulging-eyed Davey Moyes was heralded as the salt-of-the-earth, British jobs for British workers man of the people that every football club should want to have in the dugout. Match of the Day’s questionably-shirted scholiasts used words like ‘proud’ and ‘dogged’ to describe Everton, although for some reason not to describe their proud tradition of dogged failure to beat a top six team away from home. Then it turned out that, away from the flattering blue lighting of their half of Merseyside, Moyes was just bitter and incompetent (although the eyes really did bulge). But I’m not sure they actually noticed this, because at the time they had Roberto Martínez as manager.

It was at this point that Everton really became the epicentre of all that was beautiful and good about football. They played the right way, with the right players, and the right manager doing the right things with the right chairman and probably the right ball boys too. They were never as vocal about real or perceived excellence as Liverpool, but I never said they were brash, just smug. 'Pool have always been very proactive in their self-delusion, Everton prefer to bask in the light of their own (self-)righteousness. The ‘the school of science’ was now back (other teams in English – and indeed world – football had of course by now reverted to offering sacrifice to Zeus and occasionally Odin, before deciding their next line up by watching the flights of birds). Unfortunately like a large number of unregulated free schools, their performance soon left a lot to be desired. Undeterred, Everton swiftly put that behind them with the perfect managerial appointment for their club: Ronald Koeman.

Now what’s smug about the current Everton manager isn’t what’s made of him by the fans so much as his own personal demeanour. Ronald is a man of quite exceptional smugness. Take the post-match interview after the Southampton game just gone. Ronnie spends the whole interview fighting a battle with the corners of his mouth, which are coiled and ready to curl up into the conceited smile of a smug, smug man. Sometimes he lets them win, sometimes he appears to have chased off the smile entirely, only for it to come back. He’s not even that happy that Everton won, just that Southampton lost, and they’ll be unhappy. He’s doing it just to spite them (and not even because they used to employ him, although it definitely helps). Ronald Koeman is the kind of man who would smear himself in marmite and roll around in your clothes and bank-notes. Not because he’d enjoy it – I don’t think there’s a man alive who wants to be covered in marmite, clothes and cash – but because you’d hate it more than he would.

He reminds me of my cousin Vinnie’s cat. This cat ran the show at Vinnie’s house, and would shit on the floor at will, for no other conceivable reason than just to spite Vinnie. He seemed to do it constantly; although in retrospect it may have just been triggered by my presence (can’t think why though). Mercifully the cat died some years back in a surprisingly bloody collision with an agricultural vehicle. Its name escapes me, but may have genuinely been Ronald, which would have been fitting. He also really looked like Ronald: plump and ginger, with a certain greasy radiance of dubious origin. It wasn’t that he lit up the room, more that you couldn’t help but notice him out of the corner of your eye and shudder slightly. If Ronald Koeman were shitting on your floor I expect it would be much the same.

Returning at not-unreasonable length to my actual point, we should prepare for Everton’s smugness about having ‘brought Schneiderlin back to his best’, ‘shown the true talent of a quality and underappreciated player’ and possibly ‘saved ickle Morgan from the nasty men’ if we sell him to them. This is the club that opened a shop in the Liverpool One shopping centre called ‘Everton Two’. The address is thus ‘Everton Two, Liverpool One’. In fairness this is definitely funny, but to my mind it’s made even more so by their complete inability to actually get a winning scoreline against the Dippers on the pitch since the time of the prophet Roy (Kopites 26.35). The smugness continues unabated, which in hindsight makes them a perfect club for Tom Cleverley, whose Spanish style isn’t appreciated elsewhere.
You'd be a great additions to the mains. Promote this guy already.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yeah to be honest I’d be fine with him joining Everton (although I’d prefer West Brom – we’ve already played them twice in the league), especially since it looks like we’ll recuperate most if not all of what we paid to sign him.

What I won’t enjoy though is the smugness that I guarantee will emanate out of Goodison Park as soon as he turns in even the most remote prospect of a 6/10 performance. You see, I’ve discovered in the past half an hour that Everton as a football club have mastered the art of smugness. Let’s consider the managers first. Way back when, bulging-eyed Davey Moyes was heralded as the salt-of-the-earth, British jobs for British workers man of the people that every football club should want to have in the dugout. Match of the Day’s questionably-shirted scholiasts used words like ‘proud’ and ‘dogged’ to describe Everton, although for some reason not to describe their proud tradition of dogged failure to beat a top six team away from home. Then it turned out that, away from the flattering blue lighting of their half of Merseyside, Moyes was just bitter and incompetent (although the eyes really did bulge). But I’m not sure they actually noticed this, because at the time they had Roberto Martínez as manager.

It was at this point that Everton really became the epicentre of all that was beautiful and good about football. They played the right way, with the right players, and the right manager doing the right things with the right chairman and probably the right ball boys too. They were never as vocal about real or perceived excellence as Liverpool, but I never said they were brash, just smug. 'Pool have always been very proactive in their self-delusion, Everton prefer to bask in the light of their own (self-)righteousness. The ‘the school of science’ was now back (other teams in English – and indeed world – football had of course by now reverted to offering sacrifice to Zeus and occasionally Odin, before deciding their next line up by watching the flights of birds). Unfortunately like a large number of unregulated free schools, their performance soon left a lot to be desired. Undeterred, Everton swiftly put that behind them with the perfect managerial appointment for their club: Ronald Koeman.

Now what’s smug about the current Everton manager isn’t what’s made of him by the fans so much as his own personal demeanour. Ronald is a man of quite exceptional smugness. Take the post-match interview after the Southampton game just gone. Ronnie spends the whole interview fighting a battle with the corners of his mouth, which are coiled and ready to curl up into the conceited smile of a smug, smug man. Sometimes he lets them win, sometimes he appears to have chased off the smile entirely, only for it to come back. He’s not even that happy that Everton won, just that Southampton lost, and they’ll be unhappy. He’s doing it just to spite them (and not even because they used to employ him, although it definitely helps). Ronald Koeman is the kind of man who would smear himself in marmite and roll around in your clothes and bank-notes. Not because he’d enjoy it – I don’t think there’s a man alive who wants to be covered in marmite, clothes and cash – but because you’d hate it more than he would.

He reminds me of my cousin Vinnie’s cat. This cat ran the show at Vinnie’s house, and would shit on the floor at will, for no other conceivable reason than just to spite Vinnie. He seemed to do it constantly; although in retrospect it may have just been triggered by my presence (can’t think why though). Mercifully the cat died some years back in a surprisingly bloody collision with an agricultural vehicle. Its name escapes me, but may have genuinely been Ronald, which would have been fitting. He also really looked like Ronald: plump and ginger, with a certain greasy radiance of dubious origin. It wasn’t that he lit up the room, more that you couldn’t help but notice him out of the corner of your eye and shudder slightly. If Ronald Koeman were shitting on your floor I expect it would be much the same.

Returning at not-unreasonable length to my actual point, we should prepare for Everton’s smugness about having ‘brought Schneiderlin back to his best’, ‘shown the true talent of a quality and underappreciated player’ and possibly ‘saved ickle Morgan from the nasty men’ if we sell him to them. This is the club that opened a shop in the Liverpool One shopping centre called ‘Everton Two’. The address is thus ‘Everton Two, Liverpool One’. In fairness this is definitely funny, but to my mind it’s made even more so by their complete inability to actually get a winning scoreline against the Dippers on the pitch since the time of the prophet Roy (Kopites 26.35). The smugness continues unabated, which in hindsight makes them a perfect club for Tom Cleverley, whose Spanish style isn’t appreciated elsewhere.
:lol:

SATA

Has he even been given a fair chance before shipping him off? He must be doing something or everything shite in training to allow Jose not to select him

tomaldinho1

Feel like Everton need to just stump up now - they can definitely afford £20m+ a couple of minor incentives (as we are apparently holding out for £24m). Makes sense for all parties if he is shipped out now given he has resorted to posting videos of himself training in a park.

Bwuk

Has he even been given a fair chance before shipping him off? He must be doing something or everything shite in training to allow Jose not to select him
Yeah he's never really been given a prolonged run in the team. I think he'll do well at Everton.

That's not how Jose works, you're either with him & prepared to work your ass off to get back, or he'll happily let you go. Morgan and Memphis have made it clear they would like to leave.

tomaldinho1

That's not how Jose works, you're either with him & prepared to work your ass off to get back, or he'll happily let you go. Morgan and Memphis have made it clear they would like to leave.
Exactly this. At the end of the day Mourinho has to field a team he thinks is the best and rely on players who aren't playing to prove themselves in training. I'm sure if Depay/Schneiderlin had been tearing it up they would have forced themselves into the team but it sounds like both have basically tried for a few months and then handed in transfer requests. Compare that to Mkhi who was treated really bad IMO but has been brilliant since his return. Would rather see youth products get involved in first team training and occasionally sit on the bench than players who want to leave tbh.

arthurka

Just get them to pay 27.5 for Schneiderlin and we throw Fellaini in aswell..

nazanto

When you think that Mikel can be the player that Jose liked, I've been wondering why Morgan can't be that kind of player as well? Surely Morgan is at least on par in term on quality if not better than Mikel?

OldTrevil

:lol::lol:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
From Koeman's comments it looks like the scousers are penny pinching again. I say we tell them to feck off and sell to west brom for a lower fee.
I think Koeman wanted to buy both Depay and Morgan but now i think everton owners have not backed their manager. I think he hints this in his comments.

parisite

From Koeman's comments it looks like the scousers are penny pinching again. I say we tell them to feck off and sell to west brom for a lower fee.
I think Koeman wanted to buy both Depay and Morgan but now i think everton owners have not backed their manager. I think he hints this in his comments.
Who knows, if their owners are willing to piss off their manager for a couple of million quid it probably means that they either don't have them or they've a cheaper alternative in mind. Some franco-african from the back of nowhere (like Kante) for less than 10 million.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Who knows, if their owners are willing to piss off their manager for a couple of million quid it probably means that they either don't have them or they've a cheaper alternative in mind. Some franco-african from the back of nowhere (like Kante) for less than 10 million.
I think its penny pinching, i mean koeman went all praisy in official press conference for depay in december and then everton ask for loan and not buying shows they dont either value his opinion or are not prepared to back him. I think it would be stupid for koeman to wax lyrical about him knowing he dint have money to get him. I think there has been some U turn or money saving exercise from their board that has pissed off koeman.

King.of.Red

:lol: this post is beautiful :lol:
anyway, bro, can you make a post like this, about Pep & shitty or Klopp & liverfool.. thank you

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Agreed - I have no problem with the club making less money on the sale in order to spite Everton and their tiresome poverty act when dealing with United. Just make sure the West Brom deal has a sell-on clause for when Everton inevitably locate their chequebook once he's no longer a United player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Agreed - I have no problem with the club making less money on the sale in order to spite Everton and their tiresome poverty act when dealing with United. Just make sure the West Brom deal has a sell-on clause for when Everton inevitably locate their chequebook once he's no longer a United player.
:lol:

RedRoach

Bloody hell :lol::lol::lol:

MAME DIOUF 32

When you think that Mikel can be the player that Jose liked, I've been wondering why Morgan can't be that kind of player as well? Surely Morgan is at least on par in term on quality if not better than Mikel?
I just don't think he's been up for it. He's looked overawed at best and lazy at worst. Technically he's as good a player as Mikel but mentally something's missing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I remember Jose hooked him at half time when we played in our friendly against Fenerbahce, ever since then he hasn't really played or had a look in.

He obviously saw enough in those 45 minutes that he just didn't like. Fellaini has been ahead in the pecking order ever since.

I remember Jose hooked him at half time when we played in our friendly against Fenerbahce, ever since then he hasn't really played or had a look in.

He obviously saw enough in those 45 minutes that he just didn't like. Fellaini has been ahead in the pecking order ever since.
Fellaini obviously has a level of commitment way above that of many other more "talented" pros, that much is obvious, otherwise he wouldn't continually get picked by manager after manager.

King.of.Red

Fellaini obviously has a level of commitment way above that of many other more "talented" pros, that much is obvious, otherwise he wouldn't continually get picked by manager after manager.
yup and that's positive point of Fellaini. I always love Fellaini commitment to his club and mentality. Many United supporters often (even some blindly) criticize him just because he lacks the quality needed as United player, but he never give up, never complain and always fight to earn his place and manager trust in our team.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Not a bad fee.

Decent-ish player, but with no balls. Keane would have eaten him alive if ever had to play with such a pussy in midfield. Doesn't belong on the big stage.

redNATION

Not a bad fee.

Decent-ish player, but with no balls. Keane would have eaten him alive if ever had to play with such a pussy in midfield. Doesn't belong on the big stage.
The fee will pay Greizman's wages in his first year here, so cant complain :)

On the broader point, yeah, he never had the character or the ability for a club like ours (nor does Fellaini or Memphis). I keep seeing people saying that Gueye (from Everton) or Dembele (from Spurs) are better but im not so sure. Those guys would have struggled equally with the huge expectations we have here, which doesnt burden them at small clubs.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
What did we pay for him, £24m? So £2m for his services for the last 18 months, still a bit of a rip-off but oh well, nice to see us hold our ground for once.

OneUnited24

It's hard to tell what he's good at. Let Everton figure it out.
Sums it up for me. He never seemed to have much about him... never creative enough, didn't tackle well and seemed to shy away from the ball.

Good player but never United quality. Players like him go to a top club, never establish themselves and people wonder why he didnt get a chance. But the truth is hes just not good enough

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Will be a good signing for Everton and I believe he'll do really well for them.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Good to see we're getting a decent price. Believe he'll do well at Everton. It's a pity he didn't work out here. Just didn't seem to settle in with all the pressure at United..

Anyway, good luck to him.

prath92

he was responsible for the best weekend in the 3 years following SAF's departure. The weekend we signed him,darmian and basti :(

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
What did we pay for him, £24m? So £2m for his services for the last 18 months, still a bit of a rip-off but oh well, nice to see us hold our ground for once.
Agreed. Obviously we've learned from other clubs stances when selling players - eventually the buying club pays up...

Status
Not open for further replies.