Gaming Most value for money game you've played?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Carrying on a thread I saw on Reddit, what is the bang for your buck, best value for money game you've ever played?

I was tempted to say either Gran Turismo 3 or Gran Turismo 4 but im not sure anymore. I sunk a hell of alot of time into Red Dead Redemption 2.

San Andreas had a great replayability about it, Just Cause 2 as well.

This is not to say these are great games, just ones where you thought, yep, I got my money's worth from that.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Football Manager 2006
Far Cry 3 - played it around 5 times
Far Cry 4- played it around 5 times
Gta San Andreas- still not able to get 100 percent.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Diablo Ii and its expansion LOD, back in my school days I played it with every spare minute I had.

Witcher 3, doing a proper second playthrough now and I must have spent a stupid amount of time on it!

GTA V, especially online with the redcafe lads back in the day, absolutely epic!

Gran Turismo is a good shout too, probably spent a lot of my time on 2, 3 and 4. Shame they've went a different way now. Not a massive fan of it anymore. Buying a used banger and working your way to the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak version :drool:

RDR2 I can see myself doing more playthroughs too.

Probably a ton more games too. Love a bit of gaming!

Himannv

I know that the least value for money game is that Game of Thrones: Winter is Coming thing. It's a pay-to-win if I ever saw one and costs ridiculous amounts to get to the upper levels and even more to stay up there and compete. Fun game but terribly expensive.

RedRazor

on the radio
Rimworld. If you haven't played this absolute gem of a life stealing game, then you are really missing out. Hours and hours poured into this over the years. Oh, and Crusader Kings.

Abizzz

According to my steam account I paid 0,005 € for every hour that I've played GTA V. Nothing else comes close.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Tetris for Gameboy (£40 with Gameboy = hundreds of hours)
Tetris for NES (£9.99 = thousands of hours)

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I’d say Skyrim. That game has been immense for me.

I had 10 weeks off work post back surgery at the time I’d just bought this game. Amazing 10 weeks.

Then I had knee surgery and the same. 6 weeks off work and I dusted off Skyrim and had another blast.

I still have a go every now and then just to do stuff and remember places.

I’ve sunk more hours into this game than any other.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Back in the day it was Skool Daze. Used to be the first thing I did getting home from school. It's still playable now.

Street Fighter II on the Megadrive.

World of Warcraft even though it cost a lot of money is the biggest time sink.

I still have RDR2, GTA V and Witcher 3 installed and ready to go I just need to plan the time to really get going with them.

Volumiza

Back in the day it was Skool Daze. Used to be the first thing I did getting home from school. It's still playable now.
Crikey, showing your age there @The Cat - I remember that one too. Good game ... back in the day. I still have my Spectrum 128k and this game. Not sure if it still works or not.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
FTL: Faster than Light
Football Manager 2014
Hollow Knight
Trackmania Nations Forever

The Cat

Crikey, showing your age there @The Cat - I remember that one too. Good game ... back in the day. I still have my Spectrum 128k and this game. Not sure if it still works or not.
My Spectrum was the best Christmas present I ever had. Loved it. Manic Miner, Elite, Knight Lore etc. Could still spend days playing those games.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Minecraft. Think I got it for like £12 in beta. I don't want to think about the hours I put into that. And the girlfriend put into that. And now my kids play it (on PS4).

Kerbal Space Program. I got it for $8. Probably put 500 hrs into it at least.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Still don't think I've played any multiplayer as much as I played the original Counter Striker so I'd say that.

In terms of single player, probably The Witcher 3 (2 playthroughs now, over 200 hours total) and the Final Fantasy games from the PlayStation as I've probably completed all of them 4 or 5 times by now.

Does Dota2 count? I mean I think I put 300 or 400 hours into it without ever spending any money on it!

Volumiza

Still don't think I've played any multiplayer as much as I played the original Counter Striker so I'd say that.
I bow down to thee mate. My son and I are playing Modern Warfare 2019 now and I keep telling him that CS - up to 1.3 was the single best 1st person multiplayer I've ever played. I was still Volumiza on that too. De.Dust - legendary

Volumiza

My Spectrum was the best Christmas present I ever had. Loved it. Manic Miner, Elite, Knight Lore etc. Could still spend days playing those games.
Yep. I loved it so much I kept it, it still worked at last time of testing although a few of the games didn't. Along with my Amiga 500 they were two of my favourite old machines.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I bow down to thee mate. My son and I are playing Modern Warfare 2019 now and I keep telling him that CS - up to 1.3 was the single best 1st person multiplayer I've ever played. I was still Volumiza on that too. De.Dust - legendary
1.6 was still brilliant, too.

But yeah, it was incredible, don't think I've played a multiplayer FPS since that matches up to it. They're all so bland these days.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
DOOM (ps4) for £15 2 months after its release. Bargain.

Recently brought Death Stranding for £30,not exactly a bargain but that's the highest price I would usually go for games nowadays.
Best game I've played in years.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bought GTA V twice (ps3 and PS4) and had my best gaming experiences playing that online.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
1.6 was still brilliant, too.

But yeah, it was incredible, don't think I've played a multiplayer FPS since that matches up to it. They're all so bland these days.
Sorry, you're right. Dunno why I've got 1.3 in my head, I think i played it solidly up until CS Source was it?
Counter Strike was amazing, there were a bunch of us at school who put ridiculous amounts of time into that game. Then they ruined it.

Other big ones for me are Gran Turismo and pretty much all the GTA games, which I lose large chunks of my life to every time.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Trackmania Nations Forever and Elastomania for free games... I put so much time in

Volumiza

Counter Strike was amazing, there were a bunch of us at school who put ridiculous amounts of time into that game. Then they ruined it.
Yeah, I think I was about 22 - 24 when I was playing it and it was the first gaming PC I ever owned. Played half life and someone pointed me in the direction of CS. Before long all of my mates had each bought PC's and we all got thoroughly addicted, although the downside to it all was we spent less time together in the same room :lol:

Other big ones for me are Gran Turismo and pretty much all the GTA games, which I lose large chunks of my life to every time.
Gran Turismo 2 especially gobbled up a massive amount of my life. Amazing piece of software. None of the subsequent ones have grabbed me quite as much. Same with GTA. Played 1, 2, 3 and Vice City to death but all subsequent ones have been hard for me to invest the amount of time in for some reason. I know they're great games but I just run out of steam with them, almost too big.

The Cat

Also spent a lot of time playing CS. Made a few real life mates from playing that. The laughs we used to have on Vent while playing were brilliant.

Also really enjoyed Team Fortress.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah, I think I was about 22 - 24 when I was playing it and it was the first gaming PC I ever owned. Played half life and someone pointed me in the direction of CS. Before long all of my mates had each bought PC's and we all got thoroughly addicted, although the downside to it all was we spent less time together in the same room :lol:
Yea that was the shift point in terms of multiplayer games no longer meaning you and your mates huddled around a tv playing 4 player split screen with throwing knives only on Egyptian. I wonder how many people will remember that reference.

Gran Turismo 2 especially gobbled up a massive amount of my life. Amazing piece of software. None of the subsequent ones have grabbed me quite as much. Same with GTA. Played 1, 2, 3 and Vice City to death but all subsequent ones have been hard for me to invest the amount of time in for some reason. I know they're great games but I just run out of steam with them, almost too big.
GT5 was the last one I invested big time in, me and a mate used to call it “grand erase” because it wiped out so much of our lives.

edit: I also spent so much time driving the Nurburgring on there that when I went for real I knew the track pretty well :lol:

The scale of the GTA games is what I love about them, even after the main story there’s just such a crazy amount of stuff to do. To get 100% complete on those games takes serious dedication.