Gaming Most value for money game you've played?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I've been playing Assassins Creed Odyssey for the past month, mostly on weekends and I've barely even scratched the surface of the game. This thing is massive.

Red Star One

Probably one of Football Managers, although the whole series are pretty much the only game I've been continuously buying and quite never regretted that. Honorable mention to SW: Knights of the Old Republic II which is the only game I bought twice, since I lost my CD copy and had to buy it again on Steam, always loved this game and I really enjoy coming back to it.

Irwin99

Not sure if it qualifies but the Witcher 3's DLC I bought for around 7 pounds and it was bigger and better than loads of other games. A lot of fun for such a small price.

Bobski

Mount and Blade, Warband needs a mention, mostly for how many great mods are out there. Star Wars, LOTR, Game of Thrones, Wheel of Time. 3 quid during a steam sale, must be around 150 hours of play.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I used to 'borrow on a long term basis' a lot of games from friends back in the spectrum, C64 and Amiga days.

The hours spent for free on games like Match day, Match day 2, Target Renegade, Wizball, Speedball 2, Championship manager 93, 94, 95, Gods, etc are too numerous to count

I must have racked up 200 hours in XCOM: UFO enemy unknown on PS1.

The winner must be Destiny and Destiny 2. Over 1000 hours in D1 and probably 1500 hours in D2. So even counting all the expansions and season passes it's about 10-15p per hour

RedRazor

on the radio
I used to 'borrow on a long term basis' a lot of games from friends back in the spectrum, C64 and Amiga days.

The hours spent for free on games like Match day, Match day 2, Target Renegade, Wizball, Speedball 2, Championship manager 93, 94, 95, Gods, etc are too numerous to count

I must have racked up 200 hours in XCOM: UFO enemy unknown on PS1.

The winner must be Destiny and Destiny 2. Over 1000 hours in D1 and probably 1500 hours in D2. So even counting all the expansions and season passes it's about 10-15p per hour
I used to leave my console switched on for days as I never had the 15mb memory card free that it needed to save the game. Played it on amiga before console-one of my favourite series of games.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I used to leave my console switched on for days as I never had the 15mb memory card free that it needed to save the game. Played it on amiga before console-one of my favourite series of games.
Yeah, I had to buy a whole new memory card just for XCOM as it used all 15 slots for a single save file!

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
THIS!!!

And Kick off 2 as well :lol: oh my lord, me and my mates on Kick off 2. I think we started playing it at 11 - 12 and didn't stop until we could get served in a pub! (slight exaggeration but you get the gyst ... )
We used to have world cup tournaments in our house. I think I played the game for about 3 years in total. I look at it now and I see Budgies!

bucky

Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and the add-on The Frozen Throne
Anno 1404 and its add-on
Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic, since it's been available for free
Battlefield 1942, 3 and 4
Call of Duty, the first one and the first Modern Warfare

Last edited:

RedDevilRoshi

GTA V & RDR2. So much fun!

Rockstar simply are number 1. I’m buzzing to what they bring out on next gen!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga. Used to wake up early and play for a couple of hours before school most days. Playing vs AI was nails. No difficulty levels either. Just always rock hard. Career Mode was so deep for a game barely even 3mb in size.

Still sunk hours into it even after the PS1 came along.

Halftrack

Terraria. Paid €5, and I've put hundreds of hours into it over the past 8 years or so. Incredibly chill and charming game, with some nice depth to it as well.

Crusader Kings 2. Bought the whole collection for €25 during a Steam sale back in 2016 (retail price was like €125), and I've bought every expansion since. I've probably spent north of €100 on it, and I'd consider that cheap. It's one of my favourite games ever. It has a very steep learning curve, and can be incredibly obtuse early on, but when you get the hang of it, it's amazingly fun. The base game has gone free-to-play now as well, so no better time to expose yourself to the few hours of torture needed to learn it, with no guarantee that it's your cup of tea (it's amazing, so if you don't like it, it's you there's something wrong with.)

SirAF

Ageist
Football Manager 2014. Last time I checked on Steam I had around 2500 hours I think. Ridiculous.
Aye. FM is colossal :drool: It’s brilliant how it can engage you despite being just basically text and stats. I decided to sack it off permanently a few years ago since it ended up being a black hole in terms of time :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Paying a £1 to play Forza Horizon 4 wants me to include that to this aswell. There's so much content in that game and it's made racing games fun again.

muller

Paying a £1 to play Forza Horizon 4 wants me to include that to this aswell. There's so much content in that game and it's made racing games fun again.
Agreed. I miss having an Xbox almost for this alone. Although wreckfest is really "fun", the game modes on FH are great.

muller

The first pokemons when they came out. I must have been about 9 and sunk 60 hours or so into it, and fully completed along with my brother (who is 10 years older). Been tempted to buy the switch version to try and get my kids into it!

buckooo1978

Off for a week and I'm replaying the Witcher 3.... fantastic second time around

Wal2Fra

I’d say Skyrim. That game has been immense for me.

I had 10 weeks off work post back surgery at the time I’d just bought this game. Amazing 10 weeks.

Then I had knee surgery and the same. 6 weeks off work and I dusted off Skyrim and had another blast.

I still have a go every now and then just to do stuff and remember places.

I’ve sunk more hours into this game than any other.
Skyrim for me too.

Owned it on PS3, then on Xbox and now with the Switch.

Every playthrough has been different and I always seem to find a new quest or cave that I didn't previously.

Incredible game.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I've been playing Assassins Creed Odyssey for the past month, mostly on weekends and I've barely even scratched the surface of the game. This thing is massive.
Absolutely fantastic game and I love 2 through to Revelations too. I've heard the next one may be set in a Viking type saga :drool:

Blasphemy! :mad::lol: Magnificent game despite the fact it looks like that :lol:

Simbo

I’d say Skyrim. That game has been immense for me.

I had 10 weeks off work post back surgery at the time I’d just bought this game. Amazing 10 weeks.

Then I had knee surgery and the same. 6 weeks off work and I dusted off Skyrim and had another blast.

I still have a go every now and then just to do stuff and remember places.

I’ve sunk more hours into this game than any other.
:lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Every NBA 2K. I spend easily 500 hours on each. Maybe close to 1,000.

Cloud7

Skyrim. I’ve done more playthroughs of that game than I care to admit.

Also Fallout 3/NV/4

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
League of Legends - I've probably played it for hundreds of hours and has never cost me a penny.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
GTA: San Andreas, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, FM 2007, FM 2013, Pes 4/5

Havak

Pokemon master
Any of the main series Pokémon games. Bar maybe some of the 'third' versions they used to do, I always clock into the 100's of hours on them. There isn't a real comparison bar some of the free to play games that people clock thousands of hours on these days, but I guess you didn't really 'buy' them...