Motd 2012/2013

vanthaman

Winner
Did Murray really say "if Chelsea and Spurs win their game in hand" even though the game in hand is against each other

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Did commentator fail to mention Foe also played for West Ham too.

Still one of the most shocking things I have ever seen :(

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Crikey, Phil Neville dropped an absolute clanger there. Rio's best ever season? :houllier:

alastair

ignorant
Chris Hughton is so astonishingly dull, as are Norwich.

I hope they lose their last three and go down. They had a terrible attitude at the Emirates too and were deserving of their eventual defeat.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Chris Hughton is so astonishingly dull, as are Norwich.

I hope they lose their last three and go down. They had a terrible attitude at the Emirates too and were deserving of their eventual defeat.
Yup. Such a boring side. Three dullest sides in the league - Stoke, West Ham and Norwich - all look like they are staying up unfortunately

alastair

ignorant
I don't find West Ham all that boring at home - away they're horrific though. Norwich just seem to me like the underrated boring team. No-one wants to watch them but they don't quite have the infamy of a Stoke.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Haha they gave up on the Aguerooooooooo bit at the end of MOTD. I noticed last night too but they omitted it from tonight's one too.

alastair

ignorant
Ferguson was really being deliberately contrary today and showed a distinct lack of class.

Claiming that United have a strong tradition of applauding former players back to the club and that "it's different at Arsenal" is a joke. Firstly, I'm sure Carlos Tevez wouldn't agree. Secondly, it's completely missing the point. If the situations were reversed and we'd bought Rooney last summer, United fans would have booed him. The fact is that if you're top of the league and a successful club, the only way is down, hence the fans don't really care when players leave. They can wish them all the best because the chances are, it won't be at their expense. The same can't be said for RVP, as Ferguson well knows.

That and trying to get Arsenal fans kicked out(something he does EVERY time he comes to the ground, and then applauding RVP's penalty like it was one of the greatest goals he'd ever seen just to rub it in was really poor form.

alastair

ignorant
The dugouts are 'open to the elements' so to speak. He was receiving a bit of abuse from behind him so he immediately calls over the steward, starts pointing, and telling them to kick out some fans behind him.

The only other manager to try that kind of stuff on was Redknapp when we started barking at him and calling him Rosie.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Ferguson was really being deliberately contrary today and showed a distinct lack of class.

Claiming that United have a strong tradition of applauding former players back to the club and that "it's different at Arsenal" is a joke. Firstly, I'm sure Carlos Tevez wouldn't agree. Secondly, it's completely missing the point. If the situations were reversed and we'd bought Rooney last summer, United fans would have booed him. The fact is that if you're top of the league and a successful club, the only way is down, hence the fans don't really care when players leave. They can wish them all the best because the chances are, it won't be at their expense. The same can't be said for RVP, as Ferguson well knows.

That and trying to get Arsenal fans kicked out(something he does EVERY time he comes to the ground, and then applauding RVP's penalty like it was one of the greatest goals he'd ever seen just to rub it in was really poor form.
I haven't seen the interview but this seems fair enough. On Carlos Tevez, though...the difference in class between him and Van Persie is astronomical. He might think deep down that you lot are shitty no hopers that aren't going to win anything for another 50 years, but at least there's a shred of decency to him on the surface.

Carlos Tevez really is just a 100% shitestain. He doesn't come into the equation. :)

Verminator

The dugouts are 'open to the elements' so to speak. He was receiving a bit of abuse from behind him so he immediately calls over the steward, starts pointing, and telling them to kick out some fans behind him.

The only other manager to try that kind of stuff on was Redknapp when we started barking at him and calling him Rosie.
Fancy not wanting to be abused for 90 mins!
We can understand why they should feel it is their privilege.

Are you for fecking real?!

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton

Whether he was justified or not depends on how bad the abuse was. That Redknapp stuff though :lol:

alastair

ignorant
I haven't seen the interview but this seems fair enough. On Carlos Tevez, though...the difference in class between him and Van Persie is astronomical. He might think deep down that you lot are shitty no hopers that aren't going to win anything for another 50 years, but at least there's a shred of decency to him on the surface.

Carlos Tevez really is just a 100% shitestain. He doesn't come into the equation. :)
Clearly, Tevez is a massive prat, but RVP said some pretty unnecessary things about Arsenal before leaving. He could have just said "I want to win trophies given I'm 29 hence I'm off" but he went too far and tried to justify it all by saying all this stuff about a lack of ambition, which could be true, but also wasn't really for him to say.

alastair

ignorant
Fancy not wanting to be abused for 90 mins!
We can understand why they should feel it is their privilege.

Are you for fecking real?!
It's not 'abuse' saying 'sit down purplenose' or 'stop complaining you Scottish bastard.'

Well, it probably is, but every other manager seems to be fine with it.

Verminator

It's not 'abuse' saying 'sit down purplenose' or 'stop complaining you Scottish bastard.'

I can't comment on what was definitely said, and I suspect neither can you, but if you expect me to believe that any vitriol aimed at SAF, would be aimed at all other managers, I'll have to call bullshit!

alastair

ignorant
I can't comment on what was definitely said, and I suspect neither can you, but if you expect me to believe that any vitriol aimed at SAF, would be aimed at all other managers, I'll have to call bullshit!
The point is that unless it's really bad, he should just ignore it.

The stewards, to be fair, didn't give a toss.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK

SAF knows that you are all a bunch of Tory bar stewards down that way. Big labour man he is

alastair

ignorant
That "footnote" comment is retarded. Van Persie's got every chance of out-lasting Cantona at United. Arguably started his United career just as impressively too.
He's a class player but the difference really for me between him and Cantona is that he hasn't improved at United and he hasn't carried/embodied the side.

For him to really be placed above Cantona he's going to have to turn it on in Europe.