Motd 2012/2013

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
RVP's last five goals: Penalty, offside, offside, offside, penalty.
None of them were anywhere near as offside as Walcott's today. The only goal that your team could mange in their biggest game of the season so far. In a game against a hungover side with nothing to play for. Fighting to save yourselves from the humiliation of 5th place, in your own stadium!

Dave89

Les Ferdinand on De Gea's PFA goalie award "after the first year everyone thought he'd be out of there" No we didn't you fecking halfwit. A few lazy journalists in the hivemind did.

Ludens the Red

Les Ferdinand on De Gea's PFA goalie award "after the first year everyone thought he'd be out of there" No we didn't you fecking halfwit. A few lazy journalists in the hivemind did.
It's ridiculous isn't it. People forget he's just 22. The satisfaction from him being in the team of the year is all the more sweeter as a few hours ago I was involved in an argument with two mates (Arse & Spurs) still claiming he's not a good keeper. I blame the media for this train of thought but hopefully this selection can open some eyes.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Carlos Tevez was there for 5 minutes on loan, Van Persie was with you for 8 years. As has already said, Drogba left after 8 years a legend, RVP left a villain. Van Persie is a champion, a decision well made.
I can understand Arse fans being hurt over RVP. He was supposed to be a Gooner from childhood and jumed ship to a rival to for an easier chance at glory rather than fight the good fight.

Not that I blame Van Persie, he's not getting any younger and for his talent should end up with with a few trophies.

Chabon

Secondly, it's completely missing the point. If the situations were reversed and we'd bought Rooney last summer, United fans would have booed him. The fact is that if you're top of the league and a successful club, the only way is down, hence the fans don't really care when players leave.
RVP was 30 years old, with a year left on his contract, at a club going backwards, where he'd failed to win anything. He left with his manager's blessing to join a team where he became a champion.

Cristiano Ronaldo was 24 years old, at a club at the peak of its powers, which had enabled him to become the best player in the world, and where he'd just played in a second consecutive CL final. He forced his way out to join a circus where he's won far less than he did before.

We have far, far more reason to be bitter about Ronaldo than you chucklefecks do about RVP, and yet...

Claymore

I can understand Arse fans being hurt over RVP. He was supposed to be a Gooner from childhood and jumed ship to a rival to for an easier chance at glory rather than fight the good fight.

Not that I blame Van Persie, he's not getting any younger and for his talent should end up with with a few trophies.

Yeah a gooner from childhood who's from Holland... Its like Torres wearing YAWN in Spain. :lol: Either way, he was there for EIGHT years. They're just bitter.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
RVP was 30 years old, with a year left on his contract, at a club going backwards, where he'd failed to win anything. He left with his manager's blessing to join a team where he became a champion.

Cristiano Ronaldo was 24 years old, at a club at the peak of its powers, which had enabled him to become the best player in the world, and where he'd just played in a second consecutive CL final. He forced his way out to join a circus where he's won far less than he did before.

We have far, far more reason to be bitter about Ronaldo than you chucklefecks do about RVP, and yet...

Not sure I agree with that. Ronaldo had always stated his dreams of playing for Real whearas RVP was an Arsenal fan as a kid. Arsenal fans probably just expected him to always be there out of loyalty, plus they stood by him through all his injury problems.

Ludens the Red

It's got nothing to do with ambition, childhood dreams, Ronaldo, Tevez etc etc. There's no point attempting to justify RVP's decision to join United, simply because Arsenal fans absolutely HATE Man United, once you take that in, this entire debate becomes mute.
I know plenty of Arsenal fans who generate more hatred for United than Spurs and it wouldn't surprise me if this is the norm across their entire fanbase. That is why it irks them so much that RVP joined us, nothing you say to them is going to register because they hate us, a lot. Hate breeds irrationality, simple. He was their best player and he joined the enemy, they're within their right to hate him and I like that they do, as it still shows how much we bother them. Yet for us, they're merely a source of entertainment whom we now regularly take 6 points off/4 points(if out boozing the days before)

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Too true, 'Dave' :lol:

Great goal from Howson and made by Becchio....oh the memories :(