MOTD 2014/15

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I worry about Motson. He commentates as if he hasn't seen a football match before. Anything that happens seems to be a revelation to him.
Be fair, he is 104 years old, he probably cant remember ever seeing a match before.

montpelier

This one popped up on my facebook feed, found it quite amusing;

https://www.facebook.com/BBCMOTD/videos/vb.8585725981/10153286178485982/

For me, Shearer has it right - football is a contact sport and players should not benefit from going to ground when they could stay on their feet.
tbf, to the refs for a minute, a lot are now not giving pens if there's an idea the attacker has made a meal of it.

(Sanchez might never get another decision in his favour if they start with it in normal play)

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
tbf, to the refs for a minute, a lot are now not giving pens if there's an idea the attacker has made a meal of it.

(Sanchez might never get another decision in his favour if they start with it in normal play)
Yeah and that is something I agree with. To be honest, as silly as it sounded on first hearing - Savage's statement in that video that you could give a penalty and give a yellow card for diving, isnt actually a bad idea.

But basically the reaction of the player shouldnt affect the decision - if there is sufficient contact for a foul (without getting the ball etc) then it should be a penalty. If there isnt sufficient contact for a foul then it shouldnt be a penalty.

caid

Im actually starting to like some of shearers punditry ...

Makes me feel dirty and wrong

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They just asked Shane Long if he'd ever seen anything like Mane's 3 minute hattrick that's never been done before.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
They just asked Shane Long if he'd ever seen anything like Mane's 3 minute hattrick that's never been done before.
He could have seen it as a youth player. But yeah, pretty daft question.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Painful now listening to Motson.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
No way will I be watching MOTD tonight, I mean why would you?
Liverpool lost 3-1 in Gerrard's memorial match. Why wouldn't you?

Very honest interview from Bruce regarding Livermore. Another reason to watch this!

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
"Riviere hasn't scored all season"
Hmmm. I wonder if he'll score today?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"Tim Krul wasn't going to smell that let-alone save it."

"Leroy Fer, with a firebreath."

:|

2cents

Scout
Great strikes from Long and Fer today.

2cents

Scout
Saw him a few times when he was playing for Swindon before he went to Burnley. He always scores goals no matter what league he's been in. That he's never made an England squad is criminal.
Just checked his stats on wikipedia, 215 goals in 345 apps is :eek: