Mourinho at Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needham

When has he ever not come across as immature, petty or petulant? He's always been a massive prick. It's just that he's more jaded with time and age, and of course, some failures. Plus it gets more boring with time, for him and for us.
The attack on Wenger was the moment he crossed over into a permanently unsymapthetic realm. But I'd argue that his basic character traits exerted a spell or charm on people his first time around. Now he's just relentless about it.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
To me it seems the opposite. He cares too much what everyone thinks of him. Hence his constant need to justify his actions and defend his achievements.
Exactly. He comes across as so sensitive and desperate for approval. It's insane, I've never seen another top-level manager act like this.

Spark

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31891919

"You go to Europe, how many won seven league titles? How many won two Champions Leagues? Carlo Ancelotti won three. Van Gaal, two. And Pep Guardiola, two."

For a manager whom no one spoke about before he got linked to United last year, he's done a great PR job.

Even Mourinho thinks he's better than he is.

Needham

The Special Rant:

Does he really do the "hand shandy" motion when he says Jamie Carragher and Graeme Souness :eek:

It would be awesome if he had, but no. He didn't. It's a Portuguese gesture called the paozamini. It basically means, "Those of whom I speak lack all foundation for their words or opinions." Dates back to the time of Portugal's first war with the Amazonians, apparently. But he definitely did say that memories are getting shorter because of the products we eat.

saivet

First Instagram. Now Twitter.

All a little immature from the club but there you go.

prarek

They have kids do their instagram, twitter, website, club pressers so its ok. Blame it on the kids..

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
It would be awesome if he had, but no. He didn't. It's a Portuguese gesture called the paozamini. It basically means, "Those of whom I speak lack all foundation for their words or opinions." Dates back to the time of Portugal's first war with the Amazonians, apparently. But he definitely did say that memories are getting shorter because of the products we eat.
What? :lol:

Not sure if serious - I presume not, due to the non-existence of that word - but funny either way.

It's an Italian gesture, he must have got it from his time there... Your meaning isn't far from the truth though.

Que Vuoi? [What do you expect?]

"The tips of all fingers from one hand are brought sharply together to form an upward-pointing cone. The hand can be either held motionless or be shaken more or less violently up and down, according to the degree of impatience expressed. Very common in Naples"

PedroMendez

Acolyte
how about ending the match against Southampton with 11 men (Matic)? Did Mourinho complain about that as well? Costa could have ended up with an additional 3-4 reds this season is this also part of the "campaign" against Chelsea?

Zen

How about that Liverpool have only given away one penalty? Despite giving out 20 over the 4 prior seasons? The law of averages don't add up, the refs want Liverpool to be fourth clearly.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Do you find it odd that United have had 2 in 29?
Well for United, you guys rarely get any calls because you guys don't attack the oppositions box enough. I remember someone answered this:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/why-dont-we-win-penalties-anymore-weve-won-a-penalty-again.399182/

Yeah...you haven't been hard done by.
It's funny, last season Liverpool got a penalty near every game. Never once was Suarez's diving reprimanded, case in point.

Match of the day actually blamed the Villa keeper for trying to go for the ball and putting himself in that position, or some BS logic like that.

Zen

It's funny, last season Liverpool got a penalty near every game. Never once was Suarez's diving reprimanded, case in point.

Match of the day actually blamed the Villa keeper for trying to go for the ball and putting himself in that position, or some BS logic like that.
It is funny....because if they got one nearly every game, Chelsea who nearly had twice as many pens must've been getting nearly 2 a game.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well for United, you guys rarely get any calls because you guys don't attack the oppositions box enough. I remember someone answered this:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/why-dont-we-win-penalties-anymore-weve-won-a-penalty-again.399182/

Whereas Chelsea are the embodiment of attacking football, eh?

Empire

Then Jose is an idiot for forgetting that he beat Van Gaal in the European Cup final that denied him his second title that Jose claims he has.
It's actually possible Mourinho is thinking of that young Ajax side of the mid 90s when Louis van Gaal almost defended his champions league the following season only to lose to Juventus on penalties, it's an honest mistake, it was a long time ago and many in football have respect for what they achieved, perhaps for a second there he thought they defended their title.

I also disagree with your post where you said 'he thinks he is better than he is', I don't think champions league determine how good a manager is, certainly I don't think Ancelotti is better than Alex Ferguson despite having more champions leagues.

united_99

It's actually possible Mourinho is thinking of that young Ajax side of the mid 90s when Louis van Gaal almost defended his champions league the following season only to lose to Juventus on penalties, it's an honest mistake, it was a long time ago and many in football have respect for what they achieved, perhaps for a second there he thought they defended their title.
Yeah he just misread LvG's printed CV.
Was probably too busy adding the league cup trophy to his own CV.
God, is there another manager around who loves to regularly repeat his CV/successes? SAF never did it, some like to do it at times, Benitez does it too, but not as often as Mourinho.
I wish he at least just provided the wikipedia link to save everyone from listening to it all the time.

united_99

Definitely not boring football, if you consider statistics and not tired cliches.
Well or watch the games. Get over it, we ourselves have had clear pens denied and as others have pointed out your players constantly get away with fouls.

united_99

This season yes we are. One goal behind city as top scorers with 5 less penalties awarded.
So? Just because Costa is a great striker who knows where the goal is or your defenders get some goals doesn't mean you are the embodiment of attacking football, but I am talking to a Chelsea fan after all, who would define anything as attacking as long as there was a ball played forward.
United are only 8 or 9 goals behind, but noway would I even dare to claim we have played attacking football this season.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I dont know about penalties, but Chelsea have definitely avoided a number of deserved red cards this season.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
So? Just because Costa is a great striker who knows where the goal is or your defenders get some goals doesn't mean you are the embodiment of attacking football, but I am talking to a Chelsea fan after all, who would define anything as attacking as long as there was a ball played forward.
United are only 8 or 9 goals behind, but noway would I even dare to claim we have played attacking football this season.
We regularly spend large parts of games camped in the opposition box playing some really exciting attacking football. Of course because we're Chelsea none of that matters because Chelsea only play boring defensive football, everyone knows that.. :wenger:

united_99

We regularly spend large parts of games camped in the opposition box playing some really exciting attacking football. Of course because we're Chelsea none of that matters because Chelsea only play boring defensive football, everyone knows that.. :wenger:
:lol:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Yes that's right, it's a hilarious idea isn't it. Which is why earlier this season the media were obsessed with the idea that we could go unbeaten all season, because we were just grinding out boring defensive games like the 6-3 at Everton, the 6-0 at Maribor, the 5-0 at Schalke and the rest. You don't actually watch Chelsea very much, do you?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I never said anything about conspiracy, just that we had some bad luck when it comes to getting penalty calls in our favor.
99% of football fans will probably claim their team is hard done to when it comes to penalty decisions.

Mindhunter

How many penalties per game would it take you to concede that it's not a conspiracy anymore? Considering the same proportion of time camped in the opposition's box playing exciting football.

united_99

Yes that's right, it's a hilarious idea isn't it. Which is why earlier this season the media were obsessed with the idea that we could go unbeaten all season, because we were just grinding out boring defensive games like the 6-3 at Everton, the 6-0 at Maribor, the 5-0 at Schalke and the rest. You don't actually watch Chelsea very much, do you?
Oh god, Moyes won 5-0 against Leverkusen, doesn't mean we played attacking football under him.
And sadly I do watch Chelsea often enough and most of the times regret it afterwards as they are involved in some of the most boring games I ever watch, and I watch a lot of football across Europe.

united_99

They have played some great attacking football this season, to be fair. Just because they don't do it in tough games doesn't mean they don't do it full stop.
Well yeah, with Hazard alone in your team you are bound to play some attacking football, even Mourinho manages this by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.