Mourinho at Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I'm going to call you out on that, because you're literally spewing Mourinho's horseshit from last night.

PSG was behind in the tie from kickoff until the 114th minute. So they were in a position to waste time for 6 minutes out of 120. How the feck did they waste a stupid amount of time, can you elaborate on that?
:lol: exactly

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I'm going to call you out on that, because you're literally spewing Mourinho's horseshit from last night.

PSG was behind in the tie from kickoff until the 114th minute. So they were in a position to waste time for 6 minutes out of 120. How the feck did they waste a stupid amount of time, can you elaborate on that?
They wasted almost all of the 6 minutes. Obviously stupid amount of time was relative. They did exactly what we should have done for the last 9 of the 90. Fair fecks to them.

Annahnomoss

People are overly negative towards Chelsea/Mourinho for no real reason. PSG must be considered a top 5 team counting the last three years. A league winning Barcelona were playing a PSG with a lot less quality than that of today and a late goal from Pedro had Barcelona go through on a 3-3 aggregate.

Last year PSG beat Chelsea comfortably with 3-1 and an injury to Zlatan, where Cavani replaced him and was utter crap, saw Chelsea land a 2-0 win to make it through again on a 3-3 aggregate.

This year their first eleven is incredible in comparison to earlier. Alex is replaced in the defense, Jallet is out, a young Moura/Verratti/Pastore were key players back then and now they've grown a lot. They even had David Beckham playing in these matches as well, which was basically a period where PSG were a bit of a joke.

PSG were always going to be a strong team this year as long as they performed in a matter they could. If it wasn't for the inner turbulence in the PSG camp they'd be the favorites in the matches against Chelsea.

louvega

It's simply not true psg wasted time, just another Mourinho excuse. After the goal it was psg that spent most of their time closer to chelsea goal (right side) and even got an offside, while chelsea just threw long balls and tried a couple of counters losing possession immediately. The only time wasted was like 10 seconds at min 119 when a psg player asked for some stretching help, all this while a free kick was being set up and the chelsea players were unable to keep barrier distance, provoking more loss of time. Chelsea even managed to foul 3 or 4 times during those minutes.

They were simply unable to do anything of value for the last 9 minutes other than a Costa header to the keeper's hands right after the kick off. They couldn't even keep the ball for more than 3 passes.

Dominos

At that point you didn't have the players to win it on sheer talent so fair play, but now you do and moo-moo bottles it.
Funny that seeing as you've claimed most of their players are shit at one point or another... Costa was sure to be a flop, Hazard's only skill is diving to win fouls, Terry was always overrated and now past it, Cahill is shit... Blah blah blah.

MDFC Manager

It's simply not true psg wasted time, just another Mourinho excuse. After the goal it was psg that spent most of their time closer to chelsea goal (right side) and even got an offside, while chelsea just threw long balls and tried a couple of counters losing possession immediately. The only time wasted was like 10 seconds at min 119 when a psg player asked for some stretching help, all this while a free kick was being set up and the chelsea players were unable to keep barrier distance, provoking more loss of time. Chelsea even managed to foul 3 or 4 times during those minutes.

They were simply unable to do anything of value for the last 9 minutes other than a Costa header to the keeper's hands right after the kick off. They couldn't even keep the ball for more than 3 passes.

Spot on guys. Sure Mourinho was being complementary, but it was backhanded without doubt. They had a man advantage for nearly 90 minutes ffs

Water Melon

Awesome game, where PSG deservedly progressed to the next round despite a c..nt of a referee, a tw...t of opponent (in Diego Costa) and the intimidating atmosphere at the Stamford Bridge. Well done! Mou, as brilliant a manager as he is, still can not swallow certain defeats. The ref handed the Chavs the best advantage possible, yet Mou managed to fook it up.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mourinho was the big disappointment on the night. His defensive and cautious nature as a coach was badly shown up imo. I can't imagine the other top managers' teams doing that. Even LVGs bayern responded to being a man up by completely dominating us at old Trafford a few years ago, ffs.

amolbhatia50k

They wasted almost all of the 6 minutes. Obviously stupid amount of time was relative. They did exactly what we should have done for the last 9 of the 90. Fair fecks to them.
They wasted about a minute taking time on a throw in.

Nothing compared to chelsea wasting an hour and half being a man up.

prarek

It is for these reasons that i would not want him here. He wins trophies but the image of the club also takes a big hit. Not to mention the incredibly dull playing style. It is possible to win playing good football, we've done it for decades.

Enigma_87

You know who
A couple of notes on Roger Schmidt and Lucien Favre.

These are innovative coaches in the Bundesliga, a league that is coming leaps and bounds in European football. I would not be surprised to see Buli outrank the Premier League in the UEFA rankings. And they are doing with a lot less money, but with better methods, training and know-how. I think besides Bayern and Borussia other teams such as Bayer Leverkusen, Wolsburg can go further in Europe and Schalke will be set if they keep their youngsters. Whereas England will probably have no representatives in Europe next round.

Roger Schmidt and Lucien Favre do not have the c.v. of Mourinho, but their teams play quick, dynamic, attacking football. Favre especially has been credited with the development of Marco Reus into a world class player which is one more than Mourinho has managed in all his career. Won the Swiss championship with an average age of 21. Brought up a bunch of kids like Inler, Xhemaili etc into the national team fold. With the proper backing one of them could become another Klopp…

I also don’t understand what makes Mourinho a top 3-manager in Europe right now. He’s getting bitch-slapped in Europe year after year after year… Blanc, Simeone, Klopp, Heynckes, Pep have recently gotten the better of him. It’s five years since that Inter win, which was fortuitous in the extreme. And since that CL win, he’s managed Madrid and Chelsea, two teams with huge budgets and underachieved. So what’s with the hype?
There are dosens of mangers that could qualify if we're looking at Schmidt and Favre. Koeman, Pochettino, Garcia, even Martinez was under that category. Being around for couple of seasons and doing a good job IMO is not the same as being able to propel us back to the top at Prem. We need a world class manager at the moment who has experience in dealing with world class players.

Suedesi

There are dosens of mangers that could qualify if we're looking at Schmidt and Favre. Koeman, Pochettino, Garcia, even Martinez was under that category. Being around for couple of seasons and doing a good job IMO is not the same as being able to propel us back to the top at Prem. We need a world class manager at the moment who has experience in dealing with world class players.
I'm happy with who we've got at the moment.

Irrational.

Mourinho predicts Chelsea will win the league. Link

In next week's prediction, Mourinho will predict that the year 2016 will follow the current year, 2015.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
@Amar__ I'm not sure how to respond to this but you have to understand, the large majority of users on Instagram are kids. Perhaps the Chelsea Instagram page is just trying to cater to those kids--banter as they'd call it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
@Amar__ I'm not sure how to respond to this but you have to understand, the large majority of users on Instagram are kids. Perhaps the Chelsea Instagram page is just trying to cater to those kids--banter as they'd call it.
I think Chelsea have actually proved few times that their twitter, facebook, etc. accounts are led by kids anyway, so I can't blame them. This is kind of thing my 13 year old neighbour kid who supports Chelsea would post.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Couldn't give a feck what the club posts on social media as long as it isn't offensive. Rather see stuff like that than what shoes Terry wears Etc.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Not the only babies on the playground! Get in!

(also, looks like it's a silly example with Liverpool - seems it's a penalty and those players would be in close vicinity anyway)

prarek

Jose Mourinho 'happy' only a few managers can match his success.

"My happiness, first of all, is when I compare myself with the others. I see just a few that are with me in terms of success," he said.

"And the others? I see a huge difference, a huge distance."

"I have lots of respect for all of them, but in the Premier League, who is European champion? Me and Louis van Gaal.

"In the Premier League, how many won the Premier League twice or more? Arsene Wenger and myself.

"How many won every competition in this country?

"You go to Europe, how many won seven league titles? How many won two Champions Leagues? Carlo Ancelotti won three. Van Gaal, two. And Pep Guardiola, two."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31891919

'And the others? I see a huge difference, a huge distance.' This line cracked me up. He's nothing if not brutally honest. :lol:

Needham

Mourinho's specialoneness was cute in its first incarnation. From 2004-7, he glinted when he shat out self-serving nonsense. Today he doesn't care a jot about how journalists, his fellow managers, posterity, basically anyone outside of his family sees him. Besides which he has simply stopped caring about his personal appearance. He's like a rich man's Nigel Pearson.

amolbhatia50k

Mourinho's specialoneness was cute in its first incarnation. From 2004-7, he glinted when he shat out self-serving nonsense. Today he doesn't care a jot about how journalists, his fellow managers, posterity, basically anyone outside of his family sees him. Besides which he has simply stopped caring about his personal appearance. He's like a rich man's Nigel Pearson.
To me it seems the opposite. He cares too much what everyone thinks of him. Hence his constant need to justify his actions and defend his achievements.

Needham

To me it seems the opposite. He cares too much what everyone thinks of him. Hence his constant need to justify his actions and defend his achievements.
He may be easily needled but his retorts are those of someone who is obviously not bothered about being considered immature, petulant, petty, etc. As a football manager he cares how people judge his record. But as a man he seems to have mostly given up the ghost of seeking personal approval.

amolbhatia50k

He may be easily needled but his retorts are those of someone who is obviously not bothered about being considered immature, petulant, petty, etc. As a football manager he cares how people judge his record. But as a man he seems to have mostly given up the ghost of seeking personal approval.
When has he ever not come across as immature, petty or petulant? He's always been a massive prick. It's just that he's more jaded with time and age, and of course, some failures. Plus it gets more boring with time, for him and for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.