Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip Charnock

Supports
BOLTON Wanderers.
Yessssss get innnnnnnnn.
Yep. Forget all this bollocks about thanking him for all the work he's done. He's done us no favours whatsoever. Poor purchases, poor use of players. Poor management throughout his time. The board of directors have a lot of blame to take.

Last edited by a moderator:

JK-27

Spare a thought for the Lowry Hotel, they've just lost a very good customer.

bdspeedy

Jose needed to go. Now Eddy needs to be kept as far away from football operations as possible. We may see a dead cat bounce with whichever temp stiff they bring in but I don't expect ANY significant improvement until proper football professionals are brought in to run the club. That CAN'T happen with that knob, chipmunk cheeks Eddy at the helm.

Fergies Gum

Great news to have woken up to this morning. Correct decision has been made and wish Mourinho all the best in his future endeavors.

siw2007

It was coming. It’s felt like the world has fallen apart around him this year. Don’t think it’s all his fault, the players and board must also take some responsibility but he has burnt his bridges with players this season and there is no way back.

We need a fresh direction but must also be sensible in our next appointment.

bdspeedy

Inappropriate Content
Awesome. They removed the tumor. Too bad the cancer is in the bones as well as our supposed brain. I guess the virus shouldn't be too much of a concern.

el3mel

Mourinho's problem is he has favorites and he keeps playing them till they get him out of the club. At Chelsea it was Ivanovic and here Lukaku and Matic. I don't think any manager treats his favorites this way as Mourinho. Rooney was the reason LVG was sacked and now Lukaku and Matic got Mourinho the sack. Just hope for God's sake the next manager will treat the players the same way.

el3mel

Awesome. They removed the tumor. Too bad the cancer is in the bones as well as our supposed brain. I guess the virus shouldn't be too much of a concern.
Won't people stop with thess inappropriate comparisons ? Cancer isn't something to joke about that way.

Amir

A good manager with the wrong philosophy for this club and squad. It was time for a change.
I honestly don't believe that. For a club like Barcelona, maybe, but United give managers full control to shape the team as they want, and Jose has signed quite a few players in order to do that. Fact is, for us Mourinho just hasns't been a good manager at all.

Robbie Boy

I don't get why all the other top clubs rebuild in a matter of months and go on from there yet it takes United years and years to get nowhere.

Whenever Real or Chelsea sack a manager, the expectation is not lowered for the next manager.

We need a few additions to make us competitive, but most of these players finished ahead of Liverpool and Spurs a few months ago.
Spot on. It’s the same bollox rhetoric that’s been repeated time and again and it’s still nonsense. It’s about time we got out of this small time mentality and actually look to progress immediately.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Mourinho's problem is he has favorites and he keeps playing them till they get him out of the club. At Chelsea it was Ivanovic and here Lukaku and Matic. I don't think any manager treats his favorites this way as Mourinho. Rooney was the reason LVG was sacked and now Lukaku and Matic got Mourinho the sack. Just hope for God's sake the next manager will treat the players the same way.
That's the least of his problem. Every manager has favourites, even Pep. Players find hard to deal with his leadership style on an everyday basis. They can endure for a time, but then it gets toxic.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Neville's thoughts earlier, for anyone else interested:

Skills

Snitch
It's nonsense. Of the last 5 title winners, 3 of the coaches were in their first season with the club. Pellegrini in 13/14, Ranieri in 15/16, and Conte in 16/17. Not saying Utd should be perfectly able to compete for the title from now on, but there's no reason to lower expectations because of "rebuilding".
I think only Manchester United fans are actually stupid enough to buy into bullshit like rebuild, clear out and transition. Literally no other clubs fan would buy that stuff.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Spot on. It’s the same bollox rhetoric that’s been repeated time and again and it’s still nonsense. It’s about time we got out of this small time mentality and actually look to progress immediately.
It's almost as if a lot of our fans don't think of the club in the top echelon like Real (or even Chelsea) and should be winning things all the time. They prefer to go down the Spurs path of slowly building a team, hence why the Spurs manager has so much support for the job.

el3mel

That's the least of his problem. Every manager has favourites, even Pep. Players find hard to deal with his leadership style on an everyday basis. They can endure for a time, but then it gets toxic.
Every manager has his favorites but they don't stupudly keep playing them out of form while other players are better. Mourinho even don't sub them! It's 90 minutes every game that's ridiculous.

Will Singh

I don't get why all the other top clubs rebuild in a matter of months and go on from there yet it takes United years and years to get nowhere.

Whenever Real or Chelsea sack a manager, the expectation is not lowered for the next manager.

We need a few additions to make us competitive, but most of these players finished ahead of Liverpool and Spurs a few months ago.
I get where your coming from but the problem we have is Ed Woodward, he on he's own admission said he's a rugby man and not really a footbal man but yet got involved in some big decisions in signing players when it wasn't really he's expertise which is the area I'm more concerned we need to address.

We've chucked money at it and it hasn't worked and when we needed to invest Mourinho got shown the door so again down to how the club is run which more then anything we need a director of football to run the footbal side of the business. Don't get me wrong Ed is a genius in the commercial side of it and I think he will thrive more to get on with what he does best as I've heard people say to sack him next which I don't agree with.

So whether it's Poch or Zidane or who ever I just hope it's a DOF who is going to make that decision.

Shark

@NotShark
Just seen footage of him leaving his hotel, looks like he couldn't be happier. Fecking cnut of man.

The very fact that he didn't even bother getting proper accommodation says it all really, the man is a virus to any club past the second season.

dmode

THIS IS ALL THE CAF’S DOING! The man has lost his job at Christmas.

DO YOU NOT FEEL ANY SHAME?

(sigh of relief)
Personally I have been fired on my birthday... it's sweet as hell!

R'hllor

Tbf, dont think Ivanovic backstabbed him at Chelsea, he was just bad and tired, not only him, many players looked on last legs due period after Chelsea lost to Tottenham and awful pre season, think Costa, Fabregas and few others made situation for him to be sacked.

el3mel

Just seen footage of him leaving his hotel, looks like he couldn't be happier. Fecking cnut of man.

The very fact that he didn't even bother getting proper accommodation says it all really, the man is a virus to any club past the second season.
I saw it too.

We all know he wanted to get the sack some few months now. His selections were ridiculous and his mood was telling it. He got what he wanted, and we got what we wanted too.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I get where your coming from but the problem we have is Ed Woodward, he on he's own admission said he's a rugby man and not really a footbal man but yet got involved in some big decisions in signing players when it wasn't really he's expertise which is the area I'm more concerned we need to address.

We've chucked money at it and it hasn't worked and when we needed to invest Mourinho got shown the door so again down to how the club is run which more then anything we need a director of football to run the footbal side of the business. Don't get me wrong Ed is a genius in the commercial side of it and I think he will thrive more to get on with what he does best as I've heard people say to sack him next which I don't agree with.

So whether it's Poch or Zidane or who ever I just hope it's a DOF who is going to make that decision.
This we can definitely agree on, Woodward should not be making any footballing decisions.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Cleveland Browns (NFL) fired head coach Hue Jackson in the end of October 2018 and appointed defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and running backs coordinator Freddie Kitchens as new interim head coach and offensive coordinator until the end of the season.

Hue Jackson lost the dressing room, was in conflict with his QB Baker Mayfield, his offensive coordinator Todd Haley and lost four games in a row. The loss against arch rival Pittsburgh Steelers was the final nail in the coffin. In many ways a similar scenario to José Mourinho’s final months with United except Hue Jackson had a record of 3-36 in three seasons. But anyway.

The interesting part is how Williams and Kitchens restored the teams self confidence from the very first day. For those of you who are interested in elite sport management search for Freddie Kitchens and Gregg Williams on You Tube and compare to José Mourinho’s approach on his press conferences.

Key words is;

# The dressing room is built on trust and respect. Players and management are all equal but with different responsibilities and different roles. The chain is as strong as the weakest link.

# We take day by day and game by game. Focus on doing your part the best you can and trust in others doing the same. We win and lose together.

# Try to be the best version of yourself and others will follow your example.

# 100% of effort and commitment in every situation when you represent the badge is a given, otherwise you don’t belong to this club. Period.

# Communication. We talk to each other like adults and we respect others opinions.

# Be on time otherwise another player/coach will take your place.

# Small thing matters.

# To be successful as a group we need to be on the same page. Do your best and trust in others to do the same.

I hope our next manager will have the same mindset as Freddie Kitchens and Gregg Williams. Great coaches and likable characters. Like I said, if you’re interested, check YouTube and spot the difference between good and bad leadership.

MDFC Manager

Doesn't surprise me. He's a self serving little shit, and Christmas has truly come early for him, with the payout.

Member 39557

Is this deemed inappropriate now?

I thought describing allegedly toxic influences in corporations, societies etc as a cancer was a well used metaphor.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Remember his initial interviews after he got the Utd job? He seemed so respectful and excited that he got the job, and you felt like he respected Utd's status and reputation as a top club.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I think only Manchester United fans are actually stupid enough to buy into bullshit like rebuild, clear out and transition. Literally no other clubs fan would buy that stuff.
I really don't know why. I think some of our fans still believe a fantasy manager like SAF will appear and "rebuild".

It's really stupid thinking.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I had this strong feeling about this during the Liverpool game. I was thinking, what the heck was Sir Alex doing to come and watch this game? Was he a masochist, that like to watch United getting battered (as the whole world already predict this, how United was under Mourinho). Then I saw Sir Bobby and Woody.

Then looking at their faces reaction during the game, I just knew something was going on behind the scene.

edgar allan

Doesn't surprise me. He's a self serving little shit, and Christmas has truly come early for him, with the payout.
One thing you can be sure off is that Jose doesn't take the slightest bit of responsibility for the mess he created.

Treble

Think his reputation has taken a big hit. He was expected to compete with Guardiola without having a top top squad because of his exploits with Porto, etc. Turns out it is Klopp who can do it. Things in football change quickly.

Pagh Wraith

Is this deemed inappropriate now?

I thought describing allegedly toxic influences in corporations, societies etc as a cancer was a well used metaphor.
It's a pretty good analogy actually. Seeing this as inappropriate or even joking about cancer is taking it way too far imho.

Shark

@NotShark
Won't people stop with thess inappropriate comparisons ? Cancer isn't something to joke about that way.
Won't people stop with telling people what they can and can't say. If you choose to be offended, you'll be offended. He said nothing wrong at all, the guy has even said he's living with cancer.

Skills

Snitch
I really don't know why. I think some of our fans still believe a fantasy manager like SAF will appear and "rebuild".

It's really stupid thinking.
I think people actually enjoy the idea of us being some massive underdog, that rises from its ashes. It's weird.

el3mel

Won't people stop with telling people what they can and can't say. If you choose to be offended, you'll be offended. He said nothing wrong at all, the guy has even said he's living with cancer.
It's definitely wrong to throw serious things like cancer and tumor in trivial things like football, and it's against the rules of this forum too. I said nothing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.