Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Hopefully some of his sheeps follow him out the door. Some of the conversations on here trying to defend him were akin to a cult-like mentality.

C'est Moi Cantona

I know it's probably job done, but Mendes looks a bit of tit given last weeks statement, sure he got his cut though.

Just sad how we've been rinsed here, hopefully we'll get our revenge one day.

DocRockter

BBC having a field day with this.. Not suprising, just appaling and thinking about going full SAF with banning them..

Jacko21

I was delighted when we appointed him and I’ve reiterated that point time-and-again. I was a huge fan of the man and I felt it was the right fit, him coming here. I don’t know why but it just felt like he would get us back to the top and was the right man to do so. I know plenty didn’t want him but I did and I really expected him to succeed here. I wanted to see the Jose from his first Chelsea spell with his swagger and that cheeky side that made him a pantomime villian but ultimately, highly respected and admired.

The thing is, I’m not too arrogant or desperate to point score on the internet to admit I was wrong. I was so bloody wrong. I would have happily seen him replaced in the summer by a suitable candidate but conversely I was happy to give him until after the summer to see how we would fare. He hadn’t got my full backing at that stage but yeah, I did back him to an extent. I’m aware plenty lost faith after the Seville debacle and although I was pissed off, I still had some faith in him to turn it around. The summer was a mess and there’s a multitude of factors for that not just Jose. Thing is, Poch suffered a similarly disappointing summer but he just got on with it and made do with what he has. Did Jose do the same? Did he feck. He bitched and moaned and played some fecking bizarre line-ups all to prove a point. He couldn’t get the best out of what he had at his disposal and it was actively hurting the club with his antics and on-field performances. It was clear as day at this point, that he had to go.

When I say ‘acolytes’ I’m referring to maybe 5 or 6 posters on here. The arrogant bunch who felt petty internet point scoring was better than having the best interests of the club at heart. These posters would come out in their droves after and scraped win over relegation fodder and condescend the life out of all these ‘Jose haters’ and sit on top of their perch spewing their bile. All the while they would attempt this faux-impartial stance but it was so transparent it was untrue. Not to mention the fact they skated Pogba, Martial, Shaw and anyone else who Mourinho took a dislike to. They also slagged off basically our whole team and would lay the blame with literally any but Jose who would always be exonerated in their eyes. Sorry but yeah, this week tedious shit just got wearing. Every discussion about Mourinho and actual facts about how utterly shite we are was always deflected onto Woodward, other players, this fantasy that he wasn’t backed etc. These are the ‘acolytes’. People who would defend him with substance I have no issue with but in truth, these were few and far between. The desperation to defend him can culminated in posters saying that we would be much better off had we signed the likes of Perisic, Maguire and Willian. Thank feck he wasn’t backed for that lot.
Good response. And I appreciate everything you have said.

People do get entrenched in their opinions. I am guilty of that.

It took me a while before I could reconcile/accept that Mourinho is perhaps not the manager he once was. The reasons for that, can only ever be speculation. Equally the club are guilty of systemic failings following the retirement of SAF. Three managers have failed since SAF. People are entitled to ask why that is. Because if the answer is not that they were simply the wrong appointments, then the reality becomes far more concerning - the club simply isn't conducive to allowing a manager to succeed. Sadly, Manchester United and Mourinho have combined to form a wholly unworkable relationship - timing may have played a part in this. What would a 2013 Mourinho appointment have yielded? We'll never know.

As I say, all parties are guilty. Mourinho hasn't delivered his end of the bargain. Manchester United don't appear to operate in way that was ever to Mourinho's liking. And the makeup of the squad is questionable.

I think it's a case of 'what could have been'. It's been a rather sorry saga all told. I hope we learn from our mistakes. And I hope Mourinho finds a new club and succeeds in proving that there is still life in both him and his methods. Sadly, that just won't be with United.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I’ve been fanatically following United ever since I was a tiny nipper in the late 70’s, brought up with the Busby mantra. I have never been so miserably depressed when watching them play as I have been lately. Not even in the darkest days of the 80’s. Today feels like the start of getting my club back. United are about young players with the freedom to express themselves, playing swashbuckling football and scaring the shit out of everyone else.

alsabi

Mourinho's sacking is being covered on Newsnight:
Which other club could ever get that kind of attention?

Acole9

Outstanding
I know, I was thinking just this earlier. I heard Sky Sports News have covered it all day, they never do that with any other club. Even on BBC main news it was amongst the headlines.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was pure box office, highest profile club, and highest profile / most controversial manager.
It'll never reach such a crescendo again thankfully

Robbie Boy

Good response. And I appreciate everything you have said.

People do get entrenched in their opinions. I am guilty of that.

It took me a while before I could reconcile/accept that Mourinho is perhaps not the manager he once was. The reasons for that, can only ever be speculation. Equally the club are guilty of systemic failings following the retirement of SAF. Three managers have failed since SAF. People are entitled to ask why that is. Because if the answer is not that they were simply the wrong appointments, then the reality becomes far more concerning - the club simply isn't conducive to allowing a manager to succeed. Sadly, Manchester United and Mourinho have combined to form a wholly unworkable relationship - timing may have played a part in this. What would a 2013 Mourinho appointment have yielded? We'll never know.

As I say, all parties are guilty. Mourinho hasn't delivered his end of the bargain. Manchester United don't appear to operate in way that was ever to Mourinho's liking. And the makeup of the squad is questionable.

I think it's a case of 'what could have been'. It's been a rather sorry saga all told. I hope we learn from our mistakes. And I hope Mourinho finds a new club and succeeds in proving that there is still life in both him and his methods. Sadly, that just won't be with United.
Cheers man, having a debate with someone who can actually speak about the topic at hand is refreshing. I have found actually trying to discuss Mourinho and his failings would always descend into pointless debate about Woodward, being backed by the board etc. I understand that there are factors at play but actually just trying to discuss Mourinho became a pointless exercise with his staunch arrogant defenders who simply ignored any facts and continued on their tirade about all of our problems but decided to ignore the elephant in the room which was of course Mourinho.

I was genuinely giddy when we appointed him and I religiously listened to every presser he done in the first few months. Everything felt quite positive at first and even though our league form in the first season wasn't great we had a relatively good season, in my opinion. The second season started well but I felt as time went on, the cracks started to appear. All-in-all though, I still had a glimmer of hope that we could go on and have a good season (this season) even if the summer was an absolute shambles. But I mean - we can all become entrenched in our opinions, I have been more than guilty of that myself - it looked clear as day after the first couple of months of this season that things weren't right and he wasn't turning this around. My issue is with the posters who refused to acknowledge what was right in front of them and kept coming up with the same deflection tactics time-and-again when Mourinho was being discussed.

I guess the majority on here wanted him to succeed and wanted him in the first place despite what the 'in crowd' will try and insinuate. It's a shame how it all unfolded but it has left a bitter taste in my mouth and I can't deny that. Of course there are a-few that never wanted him an forewarned us of what was to cone and, for me, they can revel in their superior knowledge. But as I said, the majority did want him despite what has been said about 'haters' etc.

Anustart89

Jose:
PL Games: 93
Wins: 50
Draw: 26
Losses: 17
Win Rate: 54%
Pts Per Game: 1.9
Goals For Per Game: 1.6
Goals Against Per Game: 0.9

LVG:
PL Games: 76
Wins: 39
Draw: 19
Losses: 18
Win Rate: 51%
Pts Per Game: 1.8
Goals For Per Game: 1.5
Goals Against Per Game: 0.9

Moyes:
PL Games: 34
Wins: 17
Draw: 6
Losses: 11
Win Rate: 50%
Pts Per Game: 1.7
Goals For Per Game: 1.6
Goals Against Per Game: 1.2

Ultimately, LvG and Joses PL record is pretty similar. With Jose having a slightly higher Win Rate.
Difference being that José was sacked during a downward spiral where we've had a 43% win percentage recently. His numbers weren't going up, and had he been given enough time to finish the season like the others pretty much got, he would most likely have performed worse in all categories.

vidic blood & sand

Been sick with flu for a few days and just found out he's gone. I feel so behind. Off to Sky ports news.

Feel so happy

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Imagine SAF puts down his morning paper, tilts his glasses up, sees the news, takes offohis slippers, puts on a cape and takes over, winning the league on the final day by one point along with League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League :devil:

mav_9me

Still think he's a great manager, but one who has to have a real big look at his current methods. Not even particularly in regards to his style of football, but his management of egos and players. Players aren't like they use to be anymore, they're shit rich at the age of 18, they seldom possess that drive and determination, he's going to be hard done finding a squad of fighters these days, at least talented ones anyway.

He needs to adapt to the times or he's going to continue to fail.

He is hardly the most concerning of our issues though, albeit the reports claiming we are looking for a DoF is a great start.

In regards to his replacement, my first choice would be the Dortmund boss, not sure if he's available though, same goes for Poch. I'm not particularly keen on Zidane, not sure who we would bring in tbh, not many standout options available.
I agree he has to look at his methods but not because the current generation of players are spoilt rich. At least that is not the main reason. Which group of players/employees will like it when their manager keeps saying to the world "look at what I have to work with". Whether you are 500k/week player or 50k/year employee, whose morale will sustain such deprecation? His approach to Sevilla game and his words this preseason are a disgrace.

Bojan11

I know, I was thinking just this earlier. I heard Sky Sports News have covered it all day, they never do that with any other club. Even on BBC main news it was amongst the headlines.
Sky’s EPG for sky sports news is Mourinho sacked.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Imagine SAF puts down his morning paper, tilts his glasses up, sees the news, takes offohis slippers, puts on a cape and takes over, winning the league on the final day by one point along with League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League :devil:
We got put out of the league cup, thanks again Jose

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
mourinho did deliver a few trophies to the club, albeit it was done in an uninspiring fashion. We can’t really blame Jose for the teams play, we knew what type of manager he was when we hired him. He wasn’t the right choice or fit for the club and yet Woodward still wanted him. Glad he is gone though, as there was no need for his pressers constantly having a go at the players and boosting his own ego. He will probably go to Madrid this season and win the league and champions league with them.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Scholesy just walking by the window on this Sky debate show :lol:

the chameleon

I know it's probably job done, but Mendes looks a bit of tit given last weeks statement, sure he got his cut though.

Just sad how we've been rinsed here, hopefully we'll get our revenge one day.
Absolutely. He’s definitely profited from this. It’s not the first time, he’s profited at our expense, remember the bebe fiasco? Like that fat waiter raiola, he should not be even allowed close to the club.

dino76m

Supports
liverpool
If Real Madrid sign Jose, Im going to be highly suspicious of the fact that he was trying to get himself sacked,, all the signs were there, picking the team vs Liverpool with Sir Alex, Ed And Bobby Charlton in the stands, his post match comments praising liverpool players and him biting at the reporter when asked if players were not playing for him, as if trying to get the reporter to suggest the same

Status
Not open for further replies.