Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

Players win games. We don't have the players. No matter who comes in, they will have to find the right players, and the crucial part is the centre of midfield. Hopefully now we will find someone who will appreciate, for once, that we need creative central midfielders with a football brain, not just big and strong.
I agree regarding our central midfield, though I'm not sure what that has to do with Pochettino.

ShoePolish

Because we were only going to get worse under him as the season progresses. With a fresh face in, there's still cup runs to look forward at least.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I will forget this third season and remember first 2. Especially Europa league trophy. Great manager.

MonkeysMagic

Thank you for the awful memories! I can get back to enjoying my team play again and looking forward to the games. If only I can wipe the last 18 months from my memory....

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Give it to keano, he’d strike fear into our players Theres no pressure as we’ve feck all to play for, he could use the time to assess which players are good enough or committed enough to play for United and which aren’t.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Should've happened over the summer.
What, you think we shouldn't celebrate getting rid of this fecking idiot?
It's the right decision and the celebrations are relief things might get better this season. I don't think anyone is happy it had to happen. We are just glad it did once it became obvious it needed to.
We're a broken wagon under Jose. Let's not delude ourselves;it was toxic as it was inevitable

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Feels like being released from an underground bunker after 2 years held captive.

MUM

Hope it's zz instead of zzz's. That last loss was too hard to take.

JohnnyKills

The biggest relief from today is that it shows the board isn't just concerned with the bottom line. We all thought they'd wait until top 4 was gone, to save a few pennies on the payoff, but they didn't.

Timothy Burns

So, who now then? Zidane is available, but does he have a rebuilding job in him? Ancelotti could probably be tempted as well, but hard to tell if he still has the fight in him.

Or perhaps someone young and rising, such as the Ajax coach, after the season? After all, the "proven winner" hasn't really worked out so far.

DocRockter

Yes, him and his amazing trophies..

Yeah, let's get all the English out of the club and turn it into a La Liga team..

El Zoido

Because he was toxic to the club, he damaged everything he touched.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'd love him here, but how would he get on with our current squad?

What say you @GlastonSpur, @SquishyMcSquish, @InLevyITrust?

If we take Pochettino from you, how would he set up this current Utd side do you reckon?
You will see far more youth used and people who don’t seem dedicated or interested will be out the door. You will play most likely 4-2-3-1. The most interesting thing would be seeing what happens with Pogba. Again I don’t think it will happen.

OsheaOshea

I don't understand the enthusiasm as we now will have a short term solution, and the board with obviously no plan as to which direction we want to head in. There is no clear candidate. People would like Zidane, but what does he bring in terms of playing the United way? We would have to revamp the whole squad and it would take years to get a new squad to gel.

We need someone who can get the best out of the players who already are here, and build on the squad with a long term perspective. It's sad that candidates like Howe and Pochettino are so far down the list as they could do the job.

Carrick, Zidane, Conte, Butt, Blanc are all good players but they are not the next SAF let's be real.

Looking at betting companys short list of most likely managers (ranging from most likely) I get depressed:

1 Michael Carrick
2 Zinedine Zidane
3 Antonio Conte
4 Nicky Butt
5 Guus Hiddink
6 Laurent Blanc
7 Leonardo Jardim
8 Massimiliano Allegri
9 Eddie Howe
10 Mauricio Pochettino
11 Ryan Giggs
12 Didier Deschamps
13 Carlo Ancelotti
14 Diego Simeone
15 Paulo Sousa
16 Roberto Martinez
17 Rafa Benitez
18 Brendan Rodgers
19 Nuno Espirito Santo
20 L Enrique

Am I really the only united supporter who feels this way?

Ranchero

He wont leave mid season no. I'd be amazed if he's still with you next season though what with both us and Real Madrid after him

For the record I feel he'll be Madrid bound but I'd like him here. He wont bring trophies but at least we'll be well coached and half decent to watch again
I agree regarding our central midfield, though I'm not sure what that has to do with Pochettino.

Point is that Pocchetino alone is not the answer.

Member 93275

I saw Hiddink at Schiphol airport yesterday. Could be just spending the holidays away from his China job in his Amsterdam apartment of course.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ok well let's see what happens. In my view there is zero chance of him leaving Spurs for any club right now. In a couple of years sure, but not now.
Yep, I agree with this. Adding to that I don't think he'd want to leave you given the group of players he has (which are better than ours). But also appartently they're all good friends, which makes leaving for a rival club seem like a betrayal. I could see him moving abroad, but to a PL rival? Not convinced. I also think he's smart enough to see that we're a poisoned chalice right now.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Think he could be the Argentine Moyes. Had the best player player in the world not named Ronaldo, Messi or Neymar for the last three years and won feck all, got to one paltry final, despite having the cup finals and semis at home last year, and finished a distant second at best in the league. He would have already been sacked before Mourinho at United.

He could come and do great, but he wouldn't get away with his mode of working at Spurs at United. You can't go into a season happy to play some nice football, nab a golden boot and not compete for anything, even be willing to essentially throw the cups, at Old Trafford. Can you imagine having only won two League Cups in the Premier League era and having a manager who views winning anything with almost contempt?

Status
Not open for further replies.