Mourinho has dig at United fans over Lukaku

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
By all means Jose, give Wenger, Conte, Pep, Liverpool, Eva... as much sh1t as you like, but why the need to pick on people who are on the same side.
It's Mourinho.

It's what he does.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If supporters don't agree with decisions he makes, or the perceived lack of effort of players, then they will voice their disapproval. I didn't hear anything yesterday that should have given Jose the hump, but if he got it, then challenge us on it. I thought we got behinds the lads yesterday, so maybe it was a chance missed on highlighting the positives from the crowd, but I cant say I'm bothered either way.
While the same sets of fans never groan or moan during moyes tenure? :rolleyes:

MDFC Manager

Exactly.

This is another mountain out of a mole hill.

Fans reaction happened alot under LvG as when chasing a game he rarely took risks and this was the 1st sign of discontent towards the new managers decision.

Ultimately Jose got it right, no need to bring this up. Especially when every player gets a groan if they do something wrong.

Strange one, again.
Nothing strange about it. It's all part of Megamind Mourinho's Manchester United Masterplan.

SammyUnited_83

Doesn't make it right though does it? We weren't losing or playing park the bus like against Liverpool and a point wouldn't have been the worst result. We won two trophies in Mou's first season and have started so well this season, there was no need to boo the manager there.
Losing to hudds, Chelsea away next week. Yesterday was a must win.

Fans pay the money they can react how they like imo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Utter bilge. Nails it my arse. Fans have always had a share of moaners amongst them. There have always been times when the atmosphere is a bit flat. There have been executive facilities since the 60s. You are merely looking at a discontented hipster of a Liverpool fan with his contrived, ridiculous accent, singing from the hipster song book. Anfield was always like a library during their successful period when their fans were accustomed to and expected success. He wouldn’t know that though, and believes the place was bouncing as Hansen played yet another pass back to the keeper during a 1-0 win vs Norwich. We used to ridicule them that the only time the atmosphere picks up is when they play United. No change there. Amusing to read on one of the most PC forums around that football is being sanitised.
We'll be reading about how "money has ruined football" and how "Transfer fees are obscene" next. As if it hasn't been like that for decades.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Same fans that booed Nani back in the day when he tried to make things happen. That cheer wildly when a player makes a slide tackle.

Football fans are a bit weird.
It's all about "PASHUN" remember. And some kissing the badge helps too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It doesn't matter. It's the fans that pay for all their wages.

This one again!
I wonder when that was actually still the case.

Gate receipts are a miniscule amount of income these days.

Andersons Dietician

This one again!

If their wasn’t the fan base companies wouldn’t be leaping at the chance to get their name attached to us. No fans and there is none of the current riches.

“This one again” seems like you need reminding of it, so glad some one brought it up.

notcool

Supports
a
some enlightened people of preternatural intellectual capacity said:
Rashford on for Martial or vice versa has worked well numerous times this season but i've been speaking to fellow concerned individuals on the internet and we all agree that they should play together.
Feck the fans, I side with Mourinho.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If their wasn’t the fan base companies wouldn’t be leaping at the chance to get their name attached to us. No fans and there is none of the current riches.

“This one again” seems like you need reminding of it, so glad some one brought it up.
You pay your, say, £40 a game to watch guys earning 150k a week.
"I pay their wages".

No you don't.
You pay a part of the tea ladies wage.

here fishy fishy

Paul_Scholes18

Strange people are negative and do that at the moment. Sure I understand people moan here and that would happen even if we beat Real Madrid 7-1 people would sit hours here and slaughter Phil Jones for hours for leaving 2 yards of space in the box for Ronaldo to score a overhead kick goal making it 6-1.

While I do expect people watching live would be far more positive and encourage the team. Particular as we have done well this season!

Emrethis

"I pay their wages".

No you don't.

here fishy fishy
Its not only about the gate receipts.

The fact is, every single dollar the club makes, originates from and depends on the fans.

EDIT: You got me!

Andersons Dietician

"I pay their wages".

No you don't.
Who said “I pay their wage.”?
What he said was “It’s the fans that pay for all their wages”

No fan base, no money comes in. It’s a buisness that relies on making money to work.
Just rough calculation which obviously isn’t correct because there are different packages and money will be taken off or added and so on but 3,240,000 at £45 a ticket.

lsd

The Oracle
By all means Jose, give Wenger, Conte, Pep, Liverpool, Eva... as much sh1t as you like, but why the need to pick on people who are on the same side.
Because the people on his side were booing his decision.A decision which turned out to the right one as well

red4ever 79

You easily could tbh, Rashford was our most dangerous and active player of the 2nd half. Fans wanna see him/ Martial/Lukaku play together. A few groans isn't shocking.
Exactly this. Rashford was our main threat. Cant remember if Rashford was subbed before Miki or after. If it was before that might also explain the boos, as Miki was dire and not eric

Decade long lurker

Booing wasn’t audible where I was yesterday but I assume it happened which is surprising given rashford is young,looks tired and been carrying a knock. Plus that sub has worked well this season. Lukaku did stop chasing that ball down the line so supporters are entitled to groan about that. A perceived lack of effort is worth groaning at any day of the week

SirAF

Ageist
@SirAF Are you actually Jose’s publicist? Every sort of critique of Jose and you are all over it :lol:
:lol:

Just rebutting the blatant anti-Mourinho agenda at this place! Also, it helps that he’s one of my two favorite people in football.

Ferguson doesn’t count btw, as he is God :D

SirAF

Ageist
Was looking for the White text but couldn't find it. You've got to be kidding mate. He's a brilliant manager but that's pretty much the only likeable thing about him.
What’s so unlikable then? Most of those qualities people whine about is why I’m such a huge fan- I love that he riles up oppo fans so much. Just look at Barcelona, Arsenal and Liverpool in particular, they fecking hate him :lol:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
100% with mourinho on this, People not supporting Lukaku when he has the best stats for a new united striker is stupid, even more stupid is booing a substitution that has worked all of the season apart from Liverpool game. I think mourinho is putting us on the right track and i dont really understand fans complaining when we have scored 23 goals in 10 games. We wont be beating tottenham 4/5-0 as they are not the old tottenham and going gung ho would put us in Liverpool's position of being tactically naive.

Fans think they know more than a manager, these are same fans who wanted to give it to giggsy, supported moyes the worst manager we have had, Lvg who actually played boring tumescent stuff.

Andersons Dietician

:lol:

Just rebutting the blatant anti-Mourinho agenda at this place! Also, it helps that he’s one of my two favorite people in football.

Ferguson doesn’t count btw, as he is God :D
At least we all know where you stand. Some of it is absolutely hilarious, what colour are Jose tinted glasses?

Foxbatt

Anyone who booed when Rashford was taken off has no clue. This is a team game. When did United fans start booing substitution of players? I have never heard of this before the Fellaini incident.
Jose was spot on. It was Lukaku's flick that Martial scored. And all this about three of them should play together is pure bunkum. What Jose is doing now by bringing on Martial or Rashford from the bench is the best way to win matches.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Look, another one! The list is getting long :lol:
I haven’t read the thread. Not a fan of being lumped into a category. But I’m definitely tired of opening the sport pages to see something else negative he has released about his own players, fans or employers.

I advocated hard for Mourinho before he came. In fact since before Fergie announced his retirement I was saying he was the only one with a personality big and bold enough to do the job.

I was blinkered to the warnings of the fans of all the previous clubs he managed. And now I feel a little stupid. He doesn’t make me proud as the figurehead of our club. And it’s hard to believe anything he says or to know what’s coming next.

If it’s the price worth paying for success...I don’t know. Ask me at the end of the season.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This one again!

The product the business brand sells is football. There would be no profit generated if it wasn't for football and football players and it's that association with a successful bunch of footballers that drives sales by attracting and maintaining fans willing to spend.

If there was no fans going the sponsors wouldn't be long doing one to another more appealing brand. The corporates would feck off and spend their sterling elsewhere.
Fans are the key to everything. Match going fans and gate receipts maybe not the key to commercial entitites like Man United....But for the vast majority of football clubs the gate receipts are the key to success and the fans are the ones that pay!

dogwithabone

Fans pay the money, they can groan when they want too. Mourinho needs to keep quiet.

Yeah but it doesn’t help the team. As egotistical as he can be I don’t think Mourinho is saying this to defend his own decision. I thought his changes were spot on. Tottenham aren’t a pub team where we can just chuck on attackers and go ridiculously gung no. Lingard at the expense of Mkhitaryan was a sensible move to just add some energy and closing down in an area of the pitch where Spurs probably did have a foothold.

A fresh legged Martial for Rashford was the obvious move. Sensibly who else would you have taken off ? Fact is Lukaku is more a goal threat than Rashford.

SirAF

Ageist
I haven’t read the thread. Not a fan of being lumped into a category. But I’m definitely tired of opening the sport pages to see something else negative he has released about his own players, fans or employers.

I advocated hard for Mourinho before he came. In fact since before Fergie announced his retirement I was saying he was the only one with a personality big and bold enough to do the job.

I was blinkered to the warnings of the fans of all the previous clubs he managed. And now I feel a little stupid. He doesn’t make me proud as the figurehead of our club. And it’s hard to believe anything he says or to know what’s coming next.

If it’s the price worth paying for success...I don’t know. Ask me at the end of the season.
Why? That stuff doesn't matter. Everything Mourinho does or says is engineered towards winning - at least in his mind. I don't buy the spiel about "behaving the United way" etc. Winning is the United way - I don't care if Mourinho pokes Guardiola in the eye while dry humping him if he thinks that gives him an edge.

Oakie

As if some of you are EVEN now still moaning that he took Rashford of that 1 move won us the fecking game! some of you need to lay off football manager as you seem to live in a make believe world.

Armchair fans that try to out think Mourinho are just embarrassing them selves.

Nikelesh Reddy

Completely unnecessary,doesn't need to keep cribbing all the time....we got a great win,the supporters were terrific,he should focus on the next game....

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Why? That stuff doesn't matter. Everything Mourinho does or says is engineered towards winning - at least in his mind. I don't buy the spiel about "behaving the United way" etc. Winning is the United way - I don't care if Mourinho pokes Guardiola in the eye while dry humping him if he thinks that gives him an edge.
While I can understand that mentality to a degree, institutions like football clubs endure far beyond the current set of players or managers - and mean more to people than just a transactional relationship of paying for entertainment. For me, for example, I support United because my dad did, and the club is the only bridge I have had between he and I, both during a troubled relationship and posthumously.

I know that United represented something distinct for him too. Watching the club through the times of Busby, Charlton, Best etc. Being there through the Munich air disaster and being proud of what the institution stood for, embodying dignity and pride. So, for me, but I appreciate not for all fans, the club represents more than just a trophy vehicle. It represents a cornerstone of my life, love and history.

I am not inherently against Mourinho. No United fan should want any United Manager to fail. I will be over the moon to win the league again, if we can under Mourinho. But, rightly so, I reserve the right to raise concerns when the manager engages in apparently toxic behaviour, or produces football that is at odds with what I love about the game. Doesn’t mean that I cheer the team on less. Blind tribalistic support of any individual, institution, or organization, seems an incredibly unconstructive approach to me; and is a huge problem in society in general right now.

SirAF

Ageist
While I can understand that mentality to a degree, institutions like football clubs endure far beyond the current set of players or managers - and mean more to people than just a transactional relationship of paying for entertainment. For me, for example, I support United because my dad did, and the club is the only bridge I have had between he and I, both during a troubled relationship and posthumously.

I know that United represented something distinct for him too. Watching the club through the times of Busby, Charlton, Best etc. Being there through the Munich air disaster and being proud of what the institution stood for, embodying dignity and pride. So, for me, but I appreciate not for all fans, the club represents more than just a trophy vehicle. It represents a cornerstone of my life, love and history.

I am not inherently against Mourinho. No United fan should want any United Manager to fail. I will be over the moon to win the league again, if we can under Mourinho. But, rightly so, I reserve the right to raise concerns when the manager engages in apparently toxic behaviour, or produces football that is at odds with what I live about the game. Doesn’t mean that I cheer the team on less.
I understand that position - I started supporting United because of my late grandfather who in turn liked United because of Solskjaer. That is certainly a beautiful part of it.

That said, I just don't like that holier than thou attitude some fans (I'm not necessarily saying you here) have towards Mourinho's win at all cost attitude. I think that before Mourinho there was a genuine chance United could just slip away and do a "Liverpool". I know the club is filthy rich, but slip too far away and it's not easy to get back to the top.
I'd accept anything, any any anything, to just get another PL title and get back to business.

Edit: And the craziest bloody thing is that United are playing the best and most entertaining football they have done post-Ferguson :lol: A few off color matches against Liverpool and Huddersfield doesn't change that.

TsuWave

Mourinho needs to stop trying to micromanage the fans/support

its not like people were outright booing the teams, a few groans here and there for not chasing balls/taking off players that are performing decently is to be expected

BigTimeCharlie

Mourinho is right the fans are shite.

I was at the game and didnt hear any booing at these moments though.