Mourinho has dig at United fans over Lukaku

snk123

Exactly.

This is another mountain out of a mole hill.

Fans reaction happened alot under LvG as when chasing a game he rarely took risks and this was the 1st sign of discontent towards the new managers decision.

Ultimately Jose got it right, no need to bring this up. Especially when every player gets a groan if they do something wrong.

Strange one, again.
Doesn't make it right though does it? We weren't losing or playing park the bus like against Liverpool and a point wouldn't have been the worst result. We won two trophies in Mou's first season and have started so well this season, there was no need to boo the manager there.

Womp

idiot
State of this forum when people are genuinely trying to make excuses for the stadium having a shite atmosphere. We could be playing the worst football in the history of the sport and losing every game and I'd still expect the fans to back the team completely.

I don't agree with how Jose has gone about it, but I agree with what he's saying. The atmosphere just hasn't really been as good over the past few years. I hope the club look into communicating with fans to try and remedy this. Not just for us but all clubs. Fans are what make the sport what it is.

parkthebuslads

Your comments were so inane that they are not worthy of a rebuttal. That’s one of the greatest managers of the modern game you’re talking about and you are «starting to dislike him as much as Moyes».

Especially after two trophies and one of United’s best starts to a season for ages. Happy Halloween!
Of course he's a better manager than Moyes and deserving of more respect. I'm talking about my affinity for the guy, based on his behavior.

Nothing in his CV makes him a more likable person than Moyes; unless you're willing to judge the measure of a man on their results on a football pitch.

SirAF

Ageist
Of course he's a better manager than Moyes and deserving of more respect. I'm talking about my affinity for the guy, based on his behavior.

Nothing in his CV makes him a more likable person than Moyes; unless you're willing to judge the measure of a man on their results on a football pitch.
There is absolutely nothing unlikable about Mourinho, unless you are an oppo fan imho.

Zoo

I like how he’s protecting Lukaku even though he hasn’t done him in any favours in recent games.

stu_1992

The reaction to the Rashford/Martial sub was very strange I thought. Not exactly a negative change, and last time I checked Martial seemed to be a darling of our supporters. Odd times.

Emrethis

Jose's got it wrong here.

With Lukaku, Its not as if the crowd planned to groan. It was a natural and spontaneous reaction to seeing a player give up on chasing the ball. There's nothing wrong with that.

With the Rashford sub, its clear that in recent games, the United supporters were getting frustrated about the style of football and lack of attacking impetus. They wanted to see a more attacking approach, but when Jose switched like-for-like, it was like he wasn't going to go harder for the win.. He may not have intended this, but that was probably the immediate reaction from the fans.

The problem with Jose is that he expects unconditional backing from the fans, like fergie had. But he forgets that fergie didn't have this unconditional backing until many years after his appointment. If I'm not wrong, fergie had been booed on several occasions during his first few seasons. It took many years for fergie to earn the unconditional trust of the supporters. Its not fair for Jose to expect this immediately from the fans.

Jose needs to remember that he still has it all to prove, a capital one cup and europa league is not enough. Not too long ago, most United fans disliked him and mocked him frequently. Until he earns that trust, he has no right to criticize the fans.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The reaction to the Rashford/Martial sub was very strange I thought. Not exactly a negative change, and last time I checked Martial seemed to be a darling of our supporters. Odd times.
They weren't booing Martial.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The fans weren’t booing Martial they were booing Mourinho’s decision to take off our one player that was actually looking lively.
I read somewhere that they booed Lukaku at some point. Didn't hear it myself, but that's what I was talking about.

cyberman

Theres a sizeable percentage of our fanbase whose views will have us in serious danger of becoming the next Liverpool.
From downgrading trophies and actual wins while pushing some naive narrative about the Utd way, or spending ridiculous amounts of money on young "sure things" because "We should be all over this"
Then we can talk away underperformances because of our young team and because of their youth "Next year can be our year"
Lets say Jose leaves due to dull football. Will it be the unproven winner Poch next? How long do we give him?
All of a sudden we could be staring down the barrell of a decade without the title.
We need to win now, if only to give our future managers time to breathe.
This growing pessimism is a curse on our club.

carlosp

Nobody would be talking about the booing if he had not done so
That's the second time he attacks the fans !
How's that useful to anyone !

As if some fans haven't attacked Mourinho before. How useful is that? Support the manager instead of giving him crap. Support the players, they live off a positive energy from the crowd. A booing crap crowd is counter to what needs to be achieved at Old Trafford.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
Theres a sizeable percentage of our fanbase whose views will have us in serious danger of becoming the next Liverpool.
From downgrading trophies and actual wins while pushing some naive narrative about the Utd way, or spending ridiculous amounts of money on young "sure things" because "We should be all over this"
Then we can talk away underperformances because of our young team and because of their youth "Next year can be our year"
Lets say Jose leaves due to dull football. Will it be the unproven winner Poch next? How long do we give him?
All of a sudden we could be staring down the barrell of a decade without the title.
We need to win now, if only to give our future managers time to breathe.
This growing pessimism is a curse on our club.
As long as he wins trophies and keep United competative he’s obviously not going to be let go off because some people don’t appreciate the style of football. This is not Real Madrid.

But yeah, I agree with your sentiment.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Same fans that booed Nani back in the day when he tried to make things happen. That cheer wildly when a player makes a slide tackle.

Football fans are a bit weird.
This :lol:

We have a lot of weird fans on this site who don't even realize how fecking lucky we are to have Mourinho as our manager.

reddaz71

Fair enough Jose but the fans who part with there hard earned cash expect 100 percent in return,does Lukaku offer that percentage? honestly, at times it seems questionable and he does frustrate!! As for taking off Rashford when chasing a game,again,thats questionable as well as conservative,Ferguson I do not recall ever did such a thing when needing to win a game,he would be lobbing all the attackers on along with the proverbial kitchen sink!!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Support City or PSG because I like entertaining football? I'm fine thank you, supported United all my life, I don't expect champagne football all the time, but the football we play after the amount of money we spend is shocking.
Except we have played some fantastic football this season and there’s a reason why we scored so many goals early on. We had a barrage of injuries and some big games at the same time so Jose has opted for a more pragmatic approach. we saw it time and time again under Fergie. whether it be the series of 1-0 wins when we had the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney or Tevez up front of playing narrow and on the counter every time we played Arsenal.

The majority of our games this season we have played attacking football. It’s like this forum has the memory of a goldfish.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

With Lukaku, Its not as if the crowd planned to groan. It was a natural and spontaneous reaction to seeing a player give up on chasing the ball. There's nothing wrong with that.

With the Rashford sub, its clear that in recent games, the United supporters were getting frustrated about the style of football and lack of attacking impetus. They wanted to see a more attacking approach, but when Jose switched like-for-like, it was like he wasn't going to go harder for the win.. He may not have intended this, but that was probably the immediate reaction from the fans.

The problem with Jose is that he expects unconditional backing from the fans, like fergie had. But he forgets that fergie didn't have this unconditional backing until many years after his appointment. If I'm not wrong, fergie had been booed on several occasions during his first few seasons. It took many years for fergie to earn the unconditional trust of the supporters. Its not fair for Jose to expect this immediately from the fans.

Jose needs to remember that he still has it all to prove, a capital one cup and europa league is not enough. Not too long ago, most United fans disliked him and mocked him frequently. Until he earns that trust, he has no right to criticize the fans.
Spot on. End of the day the club and its fans are bigger than any manager. We must not lose sight of that.. look at Arsenal, they have made the manager bigger than the club and its fans and they're paying the price.

Yes every fan is different and we might think each other has a shite opinion but at the end of the day, each opinion counts, we are all United fans.. so I don't particularly like seeing the manager attack fans, especially match-going ones who are paying hard earned cash to go watch the side play and ultimately want the team to do well as well as be entertained.

Kind of tired of seeing certain posters on here just attacking other posters left right and centre, almost as if they're the second coming of Duncan Castles. We had a different group of posters who thought LVG can't do wrong either which made them look ridiculous in the end.. yes Jose is more credible but doesn't mean he is infallible or his actions perfect.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Except we have played some fantastic football this season and there’s a reason why we scored so many goals early on. We had a barrage of injuries and some big games at the same time so Jose has opted for a more pragmatic approach. we saw it time and time again under Fergie. whether it be the series of 1-0 wins when we had the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney or Tevez up front of playing narrow and on the counter every time we played Arsenal.

The majority of our games this season we have played attacking football. It’s like this forum has the memory of a goldfish.
Its agenda posting.

Our poorer football has coincided with our injuries. It always that way under Jose. Same thing happened under Chelsea in his last title winning season. He realized that his squad was getting stretched and focused on getting results. In the first half of the season, they had been playing the best football in the league.

Andersons Dietician

I take it you disagree? My issue isn't so much with these latest comments (or any specific interview) but more in general terms. I can't recall the last time he spoke without moaning on endlessly about something.
I just don’t bother watching any interview with him. It helps with the “he’s a cu*!, but he’s our cu*!” law of having Jose as your manager.

He is the one creating the problem for our players. People groaned about that Lukaku sprint, that’s fine no one was on his back. Things like that are bound to happen when there is so little to engage them other than solid defending.

Also no one booed the player coming on or off but booed the decision when we are so used to at that point in a game when we are in it you would go for it by throwing an extra attacker on.

But the cheery, cheeky chap that landed on our shores the first time is no longer there. It’s like Chelsea and Pep ruined him.

automaticflare

Sort of an old one, but this guy nails it:

This is one of the best videos I have seen on the internet I have to say. He feckingn nails it 100%
Football is a sanitized, Overly pc product now where the main interest is about making money and not about the fans supporting their local team.

James Peril

The same fans would have sold Fellaini in the summer if they had their way, yet he's been one of our best players this season. Truth is Man United has some of the worst if not the worst supporters in Europe. Even Roy Keane called them prawn sandwhich fans. Most of them only support United because of the brand name. I guess that comes with being the biggest club in the world. (FYI I've been a loyal United fan since 1991 if that means anything).
That’s what every holier-than-thou fan says every time as well. Every club has good and bad fans, naturally United have more bad fans given the sheer size of Old Trafford and following worldwide. It also means we have more good fans than everyone else. Guess what, the average fan for all football clubs are exactly the same! Given the success for United during the last 20 years, of course there’s going to be a bit of bitching around - but again, that would happen to all sets of fans.

shaky

It's nothing to do with what Mourinho has or hasn't to "prove". Whatever he demands from the fans isn't because it's what he thinks he deserves, frankly I doubt he cares that much about the anti-mourinho fans' opinions. If he says something like this, it's because he knows it will bring a reaction that will benefit the team in future games at Old Trafford. Psychology doesn't just work on managers and players, it work on fans too. Jose knows exactly what he's aiming to achieve with his words, and his methods clearly work. He's the best manager bar none when it comes to getting home results. His home record here, and everywhere else, speaks for itself.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This :lol:

We have a lot of weird fans on this site who don't even realize how fecking lucky we are to have Mourinho as our manager.
We're lucky to support Manchester United who due to the success under football's greatest ever manager (and one of the greatest a long time ago) are a giant club. Clubs of this stature will always attract top managers.

Btw with United and Jose it works both ways. He's definitely also very lucky to be managing a club like United.

dichinero

Does it never end with José. The man is so miserable, always something to moan and complain about. It's only a matter of time time before he complains that the "Glory Glory Man United" song is putting too much pressure on the players and the coaching staff of the post Ferguson era.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
A load of fuss over nothing, it’s hardly like he’s gone in hard on the fans. It’s a couple of comments I’m sure we will all live.

SirAF

Ageist
A load of fuss over nothing, it’s hardly like he’s gone in hard on the fans. It’s a couple of comments I’m sure we will all live.
But but Hose Moanrinho is at it again? How will we cope? Won’t someone think of the fans!

Denis' cuff

This is one of the best videos I have seen on the internet I have to say. He feckingn nails it 100%
Football is a sanitized, Overly pc product now where the main interest is about making money and not about the fans supporting their local team.

Utter bilge. Nails it my arse. Fans have always had a share of moaners amongst them. There have always been times when the atmosphere is a bit flat. There have been executive facilities since the 60s. You are merely looking at a discontented hipster of a Liverpool fan with his contrived, ridiculous accent, singing from the hipster song book. Anfield was always like a library during their successful period when their fans were accustomed to and expected success. He wouldn’t know that though, and believes the place was bouncing as Hansen played yet another pass back to the keeper during a 1-0 win vs Norwich. We used to ridicule them that the only time the atmosphere picks up is when they play United. No change there. Amusing to read on one of the most PC forums around that football is being sanitised.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There is absolutely nothing unlikable about Mourinho, unless you are an oppo fan imho.
Was looking for the White text but couldn't find it. You've got to be kidding mate. He's a brilliant manager but that's pretty much the only likeable thing about him.

Drawfull

Knowing what i know of these types...
And reading the clickbait headlines shite on twitter or whatever i am very dubious of this report.

Has anybody a video of this presser or interview?
He definitely said both comments (ref the Martial sub and Lukaku) in the tunnel to Sky immediately after the game.

That said, I don't really think he's done anything wrong here. Especially at home having the crowd onside is only of a benefit to the home players and booing a player being substituted - because essentially that's what it was - does nothing for the morale of the player coming on (though it didn't seem to affect Fellaini a few months ago).

Emrethis

It's nothing to do with what Mourinho has or hasn't to "prove". Whatever he demands from the fans isn't because it's what he thinks he deserves, frankly I doubt he cares that much about the anti-mourinho fans' opinions. If he says something like this, it's because he knows it will bring a reaction that will benefit the team in future games at Old Trafford. Psychology doesn't just work on managers and players, it work on fans too. Jose knows exactly what he's aiming to achieve with his words, and his methods clearly work. He's the best manager bar none when it comes to getting home results. His home record here, and everywhere else, speaks for itself.
Fair enough. I just think that he's crossed the line by criticizing the fans, because that means he's taking the fans for granted. The fans pay good money to watch the games and don't deserve to be criticized by the club.

Instead of coaxing support out from the fans, Jose's trying to wring every last drop. I don't see this being a sustainable strategy. Eventually, he's going to burn out the fans.

Rake

You easily could tbh, Rashford was our most dangerous and active player of the 2nd half. Fans wanna see him/ Martial/Lukaku play together. A few groans isn't shocking.
Spot on. I too thought it was really weird to take out Rashford. He seemed a bit tired but I think could have played at least another 10-15 minutes