Mourinho | New old Chelsea manager

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I think Mourinho was really banking on Real winning the C L at least once during his time, which would have cemented his legend of winning the biggest trophy with teams from four different leagues. He must have known winning La Liga while Barcelona have been so dominant would have been a big ask, but a run to a C L final should have been achievable. Really his time at Real has been decently successful but he will probably feel he's failed.
three ;)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
His obsession with Barcelona has put a dent on their development as a team, I think. He's drained himself and them mentally by maintaining that rivalry, the amount of el Clasicos during his tenure is probably double what it used to be before. They used to play each other twice a year and now I swear it's 6 games every season. They've even managed to add importance to trophies that were largely meaningless for those two clubs before in Copa del Rey and Supercopa.

He didn't do his job on Dortmund at all. Tactically they weren't prepared and it was the same side they'd already faced in the same competition. People say they could come back from it but 4-1 is really something that is nearly impossible to come back from. 3-1 would have been difficult all right but 4-1 is something else. I'll give him a lot of credit if he manages to lift them from this position but for me it's over and so is his time at Madrid. Chelsea beckons.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

Revan

Assumptionman
Benitez going to Madrid would be the best thing that has happened to them since Queiroz.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
It's bad news for us whatever way you look at it. He'll make them challengers again and Roman will give him a free reign this time, I can't see him leaving Chelsea for a long, long time if he goes back. We will also need to look elsewhere for Fergie's successor.

LR7

If us and Tottenhm beat Chelsea an they don't make the CL spots it might look a much less appealing proposition for Mou. ;)

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
It's bad news for us whatever way you look at it. He'll make them challengers again and Roman will give him a free reign this time, I can't see him leaving Chelsea for a long, long time if he goes back. We will also need to look elsewhere for Fergie's successor.
He'll bring back some intrigue to the Premiership but I don't believe his demeanor & methods are conducive to a longterm stay anywhere. He always wears his welcome out, that's part of his M.O. really - he needs to have that drama to keep his edge

Adebesi

I actually agree with Sixpence. He's done his travelling now, he's seen what's out there, he's experienced different leagues. Same with Roman and other managers. I think they'll both be happier together this time.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
There are strong rumours that both Mourinho and Falcao is heading to Chelsea in the summer. This is definitely not good news to us.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There are strong rumours that both Mourinho and Falcao is heading to Chelsea in the summer. This is definitely not good news to us.
Even if he were to move to Chelsea, he would probably jump at the chance of joining us after Fergie retires, which is bound to happen sooner rather than later. But yes, Mourinho with the current, revamped Chelski side would be quite formidable and would probably provide an excellent foil for us and City.

Castia

It's obvious he's off to Chelsea and a few good signings with him managing the team could be be real challengers for the title again. Iv got a feeling they will give Mourinho a open checkbook to buy who he wants this summer.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's obvious he's off to Chelsea and a few good signings with him managing the team could be be real challengers for the title again. Iv got a feeling they will give Mourinho a open checkbook to buy who he wants this summer.
Well given that they just won the FA Cup and CL, then added Hazard and Oscar, they would be instant contenders for all major trophies - especially if they add another big name signing or two this summer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
On what basis Webb should have sent off Hummels for that handball ?
I think he is trying to imply he handballed it on purpose, and it stopped the pass reaching the player for a "goal scoring opportunity".

Clutching at straws massively.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I don't get it why exactly he would go back to a place where he was fired from, and it ended with bad blood between him and Roman?

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I don't get it why exactly he would go back to a place where he was fired from, and it ended with bad blood between him and Roman?
Where else is he going to go? There aren't that many top managerial jobs out there and even fewer of them are even potentially available. I suppose, PSG is a possibility, but Ancelotti is doing fine there and Jose may not be particularly excited about working in the Ligue 1 and living in France. He already worked in Italy and Serie A is not an attraction it used to be back in the day. Barca is a no go for obvious reasons and two Bundesliga giants don't look to change managers anytime soon.

Which leaves Premiership. Fergie stays put, City have ex-Barca people running the show, so no chance of that happening. I doubt he's interested in Arsenal and vice versa. Which leaves a certain club where he has a legendary status and is still loved by vast majority of supporters and personnel, so it'll feel like coming home. Abramovich, by all accounts, kept up with JM on friendly terms all these years and may be finally ready to start anew. Jose knows CFC has a quality squad and the owner is willing to spend to make it even better. It's a no brainer, really.

Adebesi

He was even quite categorical about not wanting to manage in Germany in the comments he made about Guardiola going there, and Germany is more competitive than France. It really has to be England, Id be amazed if he went elsewhere frankly.

The only dark horse for me is Liverpool. Ive always had a slight inkling he could go there. I wouldnt bet on it, but it nags in the back of my mind. It comes back to his sense of history and grandeur, of legacy: if he wanted the ultimate challenge, you can make a good case that putting Liverpool back on the map would be it. It would also have nice symmetry, with Rafa currently at Chelsea.

But as I said, I dont think that will happen, it is just this thought that always pops in my head. The smart money is on Chelsea. The fans love him, he'd have money, he has a good relationship with Abramovich and can be more confident than most managers that this will finally draw a line under all the constant changing of managers there. He has an excellent chance of winning all trophies there and gets to live in London, which Im sure appeals.

Its as close to a fairytale as football ever gets, really.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The only reason he would go to PSG is to add another title to his collection, and wait for Ferguson to finish.

It certainly appears that it will be Chelsea, although I don't think it will be the perfect marriage that some do. Abramovich is still trigger-happy, and Mourinho is still a control freak (as he should be). He is also inheriting a squad that have no trace of the mentality or physicality that he left there, and they have far more competition financially for the players that he is going to want to sign.

I still have a feeling that Ferguson is going this summer anyway. He has been acting a little strange over the last few months.

Adebesi

I think the only person who will ever stop Abramovich being trigger happy is Mourinho. It would be like things came full circle, and he realised there really is no grass greener than what he has. He must be aware of how limited his options are getting, the corner he is increasingly putting himself in by hiring and sacking every eligible manager in world football. I reckon the experiences of the last 5 years will make him more patient and easier to work for - as long as he gets someone he has full confidence in. And that is Mourinho.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
He was even quite categorical about not wanting to manage in Germany in the comments he made about Guardiola going there, and Germany is more competitive than France. It really has to be England, Id be amazed if he went elsewhere frankly.
Frankly, his dark arts wouldn't be acceptable in the Bundesliga

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Even if he were to move to Chelsea, he would probably jump at the chance of joining us after Fergie retires, which is bound to happen sooner rather than later. But yes, Mourinho with the current, revamped Chelski side would be quite formidable and would probably provide an excellent foil for us and City.
He may want the job, who wouldn't? but leaving Chelsea to come directly to us? A very difficult transaction to make, which will tarnish his Chelsea legacy. I don't see him doing that.

For me, if he goes back to Chelsea then he's there for a long, long time, and he will still be there when Fergie retires. As such, while Jose may be our manager one day, it won't be as the successor to Fergie. A new contender may emerge in the next few seasons, but I doubt they will have the credentials and track record of the Portuguese.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Where else is he going to go? There aren't that many top managerial jobs out there and even fewer of them are even potentially available. I suppose, PSG is a possibility, but Ancelotti is doing fine there and Jose may not be particularly excited about working in the Ligue 1 and living in France. He already worked in Italy and Serie A is not an attraction it used to be back in the day. Barca is a no go for obvious reasons and two Bundesliga giants don't look to change managers anytime soon.

Which leaves Premiership. Fergie stays put, City have ex-Barca people running the show, so no chance of that happening. I doubt he's interested in Arsenal and vice versa. Which leaves a certain club where he has a legendary status and is still loved by vast majority of supporters and personnel, so it'll feel like coming home. Abramovich, by all accounts, kept up with JM on friendly terms all these years and may be finally ready to start anew. Jose knows CFC has a quality squad and the owner is willing to spend to make it even better. It's a no brainer, really.
Why ever not? He wants to be at a club that will dominate for years to come. He hasn't really had that with Real Madrid, and I think he can succeed with PSG. No matter how much I don't like PSG, I think that he would be good for them and they could become strong favourites for the champions league. He will get a millions upon millions of pounds to spend on any player he wants. Add that to the fact that his French is brilliant, his integration into the French society would be easy. Don't forget that there is a large Portuguese and Brazilian population in France in general, the support for him would be huge.

Adebesi

Why ever not?
He took the piss out of Guardiola for going to Germany, saying it was a Micky Mouse league (I paraphrase). But Germany is more competitive than France. Yes he will have a lot of money at PSG, he might even have a tilt at the CL, but winning the league in France hardly has the same prestige as in Spain, Italy or England.

As Bilbo said, if he went to PSG that would be a big hint that he is treading water and waiting for something to happen - ie SAF retirement.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
He took the piss out of Guardiola for going to Germany, saying it was a Micky Mouse league (I paraphrase). But Germany is more competitive than France. Yes he will have a lot of money at PSG, he might even have a tilt at the CL, but winning the league in France hardly has the same prestige as in Spain, Italy or England.

As Bilbo said, if he went to PSG that would be a big hint that he is treading water and waiting for something to happen - ie SAF retirement.
To be honest, don't really want him to come here to Old Trafford. If he goes to Chelsea, then so be it, but I won't be crying.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
No, I hear that.
He is a great manager, I cannot for one minute deny it since his credentials speak for themselves. However, I just think it would be better for him to just go back to Chelsea. He was liked there by the players and the supporters so, it only makes sense for him to go back. As I said, I won't be crying if he goes to Chelsea.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Why ever not? He wants to be at a club that will dominate for years to come. He hasn't really had that with Real Madrid, and I think he can succeed with PSG. No matter how much I don't like PSG, I think that he would be good for them and they could become strong favourites for the champions league. He will get a millions upon millions of pounds to spend on any player he wants. Add that to the fact that his French is brilliant, his integration into the French society would be easy. Don't forget that there is a large Portuguese and Brazilian population in France in general, the support for him would be huge.
Apart from the fact, that Ligue 1 is well below Premiership in terms of quality of the competition and prestige, Jose has always professed his love for CFC and life in England in general. He loves the city, the culture, the people and British media can't wait for his return.

France would be a different proposition altogether.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...mier-League-inevitable-after-Real-Madrid.html

“I’m in London – we have a house here, we love it here, our daughter is coming to study in London so being in London has to be seen as a very normal thing for us. But every time I come every time people see me walking around or doing some shopping people start immediately making connections to return.
“I feed it a little bit because I say every day when I have the chance that I love it here, that I spent a fantastic time here, that I will return one day."

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Once again his teams start to fade in their third year. He's doing nothing to allay fears that he can't continue his success after an initial spell of glory.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
It's funny though how people refer to Abramovich being trigger happy when it comes to hiring and firing managers, but if Mourinho leaves Real at the end of the season, his reign at CFC will still remain his longest at any club he has managed.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He hasn't had a great time at Madrid IMO. Considering the money he has spent, his trophy haul has been quite average.

Dominos

Once again his teams start to fade in their third year. He's doing nothing to allay fears that he can't continue his success after an initial spell of glory.
In his 3rd year at Porto he won the League and Champions League.

In his 3rd year at Chelsea he won the FA Cup, League Cup, finished 2nd in the league and reached the semis of the CL.

He had no 3rd year at Inter.

Madrid, 2nd in the league, semis of CL, no arguments there's been a step backwards, may win the Copa Del Rey.

So... Those are the 3 cases of a 3 year reign... The evidence to support your conclusions is sketchy at best lets be honest..