Mourinho or Pogba?

If it was an either/or situation, who would you rather United keep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
This has so much of similarities with Jose's fallout at Madrid. He started bitching in press conferences about Casillas, Pepe, Ronaldo. It just feels like deja vu. Think it's best if we just get rid of Jose for the general sake of the club. If Pogba continues to act like a spoilt brat under the new manager, then ditch him too.

willhse456

At some point we have to back a manager and have him in charge for a long time, even when situations like this crop up. Usually, I would back the manager in this situation with regards to player power, and would hate for us to turn into Chelsea. However, I'm just not a fan of the football on show currently, and I can't see it improving in the long run, meaning I side with Pogba here.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
*Mourinho fans - the ones who'll feck off with him.

Seville and that press conference was the last straw for the vast majority of sane United fans.
I’m not sure why you keep implying that people who back Jose are Jose fans rather than United fans. Not all fans think the same as you and it doesn’t make them less of a fan

Skills

Snitch
I’m not sure why you keep implying that people who back Jose are Jose fans rather than United fans. Not all fans think the same as you and it doesn’t make them less of a fan
I'm specifically talking about those who back Jose over United, and would and have shit on the club for his sake. And there is plenty of them.

BlueHaze

I assume this was posted somewhere on the forums already (?) :

Still not sure if it's serious or if they re just messing with the press.
That is definitely not 2 people messing about. You can clearly see Mourinho said something that brought a reaction out of Pogba. The news about the relationship between these 2 falling apart is not a story made up by the media, it's actually true.

rampo

I believe it has to be Mourinho who goes. I don't think its just a case of Pogba anymore, his comments about Bailly and Jones yesterday were totally uncalled for. If Pogba goes, I am sure Mourinho will pick up fight with some other player

He did do a good job of cleaning up the squad, but I think we need to move on from Mourinho now, his tactics are not relevant anymore. I would say we have a pretty decent squad and Mourinho is unable to get more from his players.

P.S: I am not a Pogba fan. I just think letting go of Mourinho makes more sense overall

P.P.S: It is very very sad to see United like this. Player and manager fighting in the open and getting caught on camera. If it was rival clubs, we would be laughing our shit out now. Never thought I would see such a scenario at United

Can7onA

Feck both of them off but I've gotta say with Pogba I'm leaning more towards Mourinho.

Pogba needs to shut his gob and start coming the big man when he's playing like one.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Out of the two I’d rather us keep Pogba and see what he can do under another manager, but to be honest they can both feck off. Making a mockery of the club.

I wish it’d happen sooner rather than later. I miss the days where we had players who adore playing for United, and were technically brilliant, hard working and focused on football. fecking shambles at the moment.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This has so much of similarities with Jose's fallout at Madrid. He started bitching in press conferences about Casillas, Pepe, Ronaldo. It just feels like deja vu. Think it's best if we just get rid of Jose for the general sake of the club. If Pogba continues to act like a spoilt brat under the new manager, then ditch him too.
Did the same at Chelsea where he somehow managed to make Hazard look like a pub player too. Subbed his (old)new man Matic on only to sub him off again. Etc etc

Infra-red

United can't be in the business of backing a player over the manager, regardless of how talented that player is or how many twats follow him on instagram.

Mourinho is surely coming to the end of his career at the top, but binning him in favour of Pogba would set a disasterous precedent.

At this point, the best thing for all concerned would probably be selling Pogba in January and appointing a new manager (plus DOF) in the summer.

SSSSnake

It's like civil war at United. Fans split down the middle over Pogba/Jose.

I say get rid of both of them + Sanchez and get someone that can develop our current crop of players. We don't need flashy players like Pogba. We need players that want to play for the badge. Our transfer dealings have been appalling!

"Give it Giggsy till the end of the season"

Judas

Open to offers
United can't be in the business of backing a player over the manager, regardless of how talented that player is or how many twats follow him on instagram.

Mourinho is surely coming to the end of his career at the top, but binning him in favour of Pogba would set a disasterous precedent.

At this point, the best thing for all concerned would probably be selling Pogba in January and appointing a new manager (plus DOF) in the summer.
How is it for the best for us to bin off our best player half way through the season and stick with a manager who is dragging us down till the summer?

IrishMcD

That video doesn't reflect well on Mourinho. As much as I think Pogba has been an attention seeking twat in all of this, Mourinho looks just as bad here. If you have an issue with a player, square up and look him in the eyes. I
Don't make sly comments with a stupid grin on your face while walking away. It's childish. You aren't helping a situation, you are making it worse, in a week we just drew with wolves at home and got knocked out of the league cup by Derby!! Club is a shamble she at the minute from top to bottom, being run by petulant egotistical fools.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
When something is predicted and then it happens, it's not unreasonable to think the person predicting it is more likely than not to be correct.

Loads of people around here said this would happen in Jose's third season. And loads of people said it wouldn't. I think we should go with the people who were right. He has to go. Then, and only then, will it be determinable whether Pogba is a particularly massive bell'nd, or just acting like Hazard and Ronaldo did in the same situation i.e a typical star player normal sized bell'nd.

Lentwood

Regardless of whether people are pro or anti Jose, can someone please explain to me what grevious insult or crime Jose has committed against Pogba to deserve this shite?

Was it breaking our transfer record to bring him here? Was it signing multiple players to try and get the best out of him? Was it making him captain?

Jose in or Jose out, Pogba’s behaviour has been disgusting and an insult to our club (twice)

Konimey

Jose needs to be sacked as soon as possible before this toxic atmosphere spreads even more causing a great divide between the players and fans too. We have seen this type of shite by Jose in most of his previous clubs and they got better as Jose left. Its pretty obvious Pogba wants to leave because of Jose and the fact that under Jose he cannot play to his potential. Jose has always played negative football, never suited the United way, and on top of that he has been found out. Derby under Lampard ran rings around Jose's United at OT, if they had better players we would have been mauled at home. Under Allegri and Deschamps Pogba looked like a world beater and suddenly under Jose he looks gobshite, it has to be the problem with the manager. Mkhitaryan/Sanchez, Lindeloff, Fred, Matic, Pogba, Bailly, Lukaku, Dalot how much backing does Jose need? All these players are bought by him, his players yet he wants to keep buying more. 3 seasons at United still he cannot name his best 11, nor his best CB pairing, that is a huge red flag.
Am not saying Pogba did not make a piece of shite move by posting all over social media, but the guy is frustrated playing negative football at United, where we have a history of playing free flowing football. Jose cannot play attacking football, its not in his DNA and negative defensive football is not in United's DNA. Maybe its time United cut their losses and moved on by appointing a new manager by January so that the new man coming in can sort out the deadwood and identify his players and new targets for the summer so that the next season we can hit the ground running. lets be honest this season is not going to turn around at all.

Infra-red

How is it for the best for us to bin off our best player half way through the season and stick with a manager who is dragging us down till the summer?
De Gea is our best player.

It's in the long-term interests of the club to always back the manager in a dispute with an individual player, no matter who that player is. That's just the way it has to be, or else you'll invite complete bedlam. The manager, as Fergie said numerous times, is the most important person at the club.

Sack José in the summer when he inevitably fails to reach top 4.

promisedlanchiao

Mourinho. We have always backed our manager over any player. Think SAF versus Keane, Stam, Schmeichel, Beckham, v Nistelrooy, all of whom contrbuted much more to the club than the walking ego Pogba. Those of you who think otherwise must be millenial snowflakes who can do one.

kbbear

Mourinho is using his spat with Pogba to divert the fact his team is underperforming. Pogba was left out the team, Jose even warned the players about killing teams off, we had fresher players than Derby and nothing changed. Then Jose calls out Jones and Bailly on the pens but Derby were also down to their 8th choice taker. Jose and Pogba (for openly displaying his unhappiness) should leave together.

Reactions: Grinner

minoo-utd

Jose's history with players is not good at all. Madrid, Chelsea and now here. Lot's of clashes between him and the players. Now he has to go before getting any worse if there is any.

RoyH1

Not a good precedent to set, bit I’d go with Pogba. It’s much harder to get a replacement for him than to replace Mourinho.
The lack of a DF there to mediate and fix things is embarrassing. Woodward needs to see that there’s something lacking there. There are no SAF’s anymore.

USREDEVIL

Why keep Mourinho? Football's been pretty crap for most of his tenure, having go's at Shaw, Pogba, Valencia, Martial, etc. And with Pogba, it was really stupid the way he started in on him. Wins the world cup and instead of giving him some praise to motivate him for the upcoming season he shits on him? Really? Toxinho has to go.

The way i see it is with Mourinho we're going backwards, with Pogba and a new manager we're going forwards.

Judas

Open to offers
De Gea is our best player.

It's in the long-term interests of the club to always back the manager in a dispute with an individual player, no matter who that player is. That's just the way it has to be, or else you'll invite complete bedlam. The manager, as Fergie said numerous times, is the most important person at the club.

Sack José in the summer when he inevitably fails to reach top 4.
Real seem to do alright sticking by their best players, especially in the face of Jose's nonsense. Turned out alright for them binning him off.

mancan92

Both.

If Pogba stays than it sets a precedent that the players can get rid of the manager whenever they want. Gives them too much power.
Even then is that even a bad thing? If the manager is toxic and is hated by the players then he absolutely should leave. If pogba was the only one then he wouldn't even speak out about it but it's that it's something on everybody's lips. Pogba is just the only one brave enough to say it out loud.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
For those backing the manager and suggesting we find a replacement for Pogba, which players of the necessary quality do you think are looking at United as a positive career move for them right now?

If it was me, I'd be steering clear of the shambles we currently are.

mancan92

Pogba is an absolute disgrace. Mourinho has a tough, tough job because the club is a total mess. That's not Mourinho's fault. I believe he is working under hellish conditions, and dealing with a clown like Pogba doesn't help at all. If people think Mourinho actually wants to play the football we've been playing, and he is to blame for it, they need to think a little deeper. Pogba is a disgrace and I'd be happy if he never wore the red of Manchester United again. The reasons for that should honestly require no explanation at this point. Support Manchester United! - reject Paul Pogba.

Your right it's pogbas fault we play terrible negative football. Even when he isn't on the pitch it's him who made our team lose against a championship team last night......

Chairman Steve

I hate to choose between the two at the moment but if forced, I’d pick Pogba.

Probably because there’s evidence of Jose being stubborn and set in his ways over the years while Pogba doesn’t really. For all we know Pogba probably wants to play more attractive football like most of us do and just hates working with someone who wants to sacrifice attractive football for efficient winning football.

mancan92

Mourinho. We have always backed our manager over any player. Think SAF versus Keane, Stam, Schmeichel, Beckham, v Nistelrooy, all of whom contrbuted much more to the club than the walking ego Pogba. Those of you who think otherwise must be millenial snowflakes who can do one.
yeah SAF who is someone who demands respect and has always respected the club and the fans. Not Jose who has shit on fans, on the club and on his players only continually save his own skin.

Judas

Open to offers

Probably because there’s evidence of Jose being stubborn and set in his ways over the years while Pogba doesn’t really. For all we know Pogba probably wants to play more attractive football like most of us do and just hates working with someone who wants to sacrifice attractive football for efficient winning football.
and Jose can't even manage that these days.

Moriarty

Who'll be on his way to Spain before much longer anyway. I'd rather keep Jose.