Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again

el3mel

I never thought Pogba is a captain material anyway, just good talking in dressing room means nothing if you can't lead the actual team on the pitch. He doesn't have the character.

But the problem who is the captain in the team anyway ? Smalling and Valencia aren't captain materials for me as well, and I'm not going to give it to someone like Lukaku who can't even lead by example.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ugh, we're gonna have a whole season of this nonsense aren't we? Tiresome already and we're not even past September.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
Mighty stupid of papers to run this when it can be definitively proven wrong in less than a week. If there is truth to it then mighty stupid of Mourinho to take this step. In the current climate, there is only one winner between Mourinho and Pogba.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If we’re going to believe this “source” then we should believe it in its entirety. Including the bit which says all the players are behind the manager with this decision.

Of course, it’s probably all part of the same maddening briefings we keep seeing about stuff like our transfer strategy. Trying to give the illusion of control at a club riddled with incompetence and chaos.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pogba probably thinks the board will side with him over Mourinho, maybe Mourinho agrees?
Given all the Mourinho this and Mourinho that from Woodward in the investors' call, plus these stories about a new midfielder, De Jong, coming in it starts to build a picture.

izec

Lovely news. Hope both feck off at the end of the season, absolute shambles as usual. Both act as fecking childs and think are bigger than the club

Matt007a

This is odd. Normally I’d say this is certain to be rubbish, but it’s so easy to be proven wrong that I’m not so sure! Why would the papers fabricate a story that could be so easily disproved?

If it’s true then one of them is surely on the way out.

littlepeasoup

This is odd. Normally I’d say this is certain to be rubbish, but it’s so easy to be proven wrong that I’m not so sure! Why would the papers fabricate a story that could be so easily disproved?

If it’s true then one of them is surely on the way out.
Because they do it all the f*cking time? They don't give a toss. Whatever generates clicks/sells papers is good to go.

Dolf

If I were Mourinho I would make him captain the next match he plays, even if the stories were true. Just to stick it to them.

If we’re going to believe this “source” then we should believe it in its entirety. Including the bit which says all the players are behind the manager with this decision.

Of course, it’s probably all part of the same maddening briefings we keep seeing about stuff like our transfer strategy. Trying to give the illusion of control at a club riddled with incompetence and chaos.
The fact that all the usual suspects seem to be running the same story simultaneously would make it seem like it came from a well placed source.

redchamp

In one sense, it almost feels like it's better that we just get this out of the system. Tensions between the two have been bubbling under the surface for a while now.

It's legit. It's everywhere now.
Literally everywhere. Simon Stone, Rob Dawson, James Ducker. Not journalists that are traditionally associated with being close to Mourinho however.

hobbers

This is why Pogba was a total moron for saying what he did to the press, amongst all the other bad decisions he's made in interviews etc.

Doesn't matter if he's actually been stripped of any future captaincies, doesn't matter if there actually is a rift with Mourinho or not, doesn't matter if what he said to the press was spot on.

Regardless of any of that, articles like this are always going to be the result. Pogba really needs someone taking him through the ABCs of how a professional footballer should conduct himself when interacting with the press. It's so fecking basic and he needs to wise up.

Kapardin

Feck sake Jose. Pogba was running his mouth but atleast putting in solid performances to go with it. Assume we will see Lazy Pogback dropping 3/10s from now on.

Jose also has been talking a lot but unlike Pogba, he hasn't backed it up with good management,

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I'm going to laugh my cock off if Pogba is the captain tonight.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
At this point i'd be glad to see both of these feckers leave. I'm not really commenting on the veracity of this particular story, but there's been more than enough sniping from both over the past few months that i've had enough with. It's a full on PR assault from the both of them, each trying to butter up the fans and get in their good graces.

They don't give a flying feck about the club, and are in self-preservation mode. The club's a bit of a circus at the moment, and these two feckers are our clowns. Pricks.

Rolaholic

The circus follows Jose wherever he goes,its absolutely hilarious when it's not your club involved but it becomes more than tedious when you have a dog in the race :houllier:

Less than 2 months into this season and we've already seen enough drama to last the whole year,can't imagine another 7 months of this...

Irrational.

Utter clickbait bullshit. Even if it's true, I couldn't care less about who's captain as long as we're producing the results on the pitch, which we don't seem to be doing at the moment. Both of them are as obnoxious, self-centred, arrogant and stubborn as each other. It all seems to be about self-preservation and blaming anyone but themselves. It's no longer about putting the club or fans first, they only care about themselves. This toxic relationship can't be good for us as a football club hoping to challenge for top honours.

If I was Woody and we didn't achieve our goals, I'd ship the both of them out by the end of the season.

el3mel

Literally everywhere. Simon Stone, Rob Dawson, James Ducker. Not journalists that are traditionally associated with being close to Mourinho however.
I think that's the breaking point between both. Both should have reached a point in which they don't even withstand each other any more. I think Mourinho will keep playing him as no one else is better and the team shape isn't good currently, but whatever they deny it, they obviously dislike each other massively now on.