Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he'll never captain Manchester United again

Canagel

In one sense, it almost feels like it's better that we just get this out of the system. Tensions between the two have been bubbling under the surface for a while now.
One will leave soon. We can't continue like this. Possibly even both.

RedDevil5

Simon Stone has confirmed it. It's true.

Good. Both Pogba and Mourinho can go as far as I'm concerned.

MDFC Manager

If only Woodward mans up and tells Mourinho that he'll never manage United again.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
A battle of egos.

There will be no winners.

Moonred

This is why Pogba was a total moron for saying what he did to the press, amongst all the other bad decisions he's made in interviews etc.

Doesn't matter if he's actually been stripped of any future captaincies, doesn't matter if there actually is a rift with Mourinho or not, doesn't matter if what he said to the press was spot on.

Regardless of any of that, articles like this are always going to be the result. Pogba really needs someone taking him through the ABCs of how a professional footballer should conduct himself when interacting with the press. It's so fecking basic and he needs to wise up.
Not if he wants to feck off from Jose and the club.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
Jose in prog calls Wolves draw: "an important lesson, a lesson I repeat week after week after week, a lesson some boys are not learning, every team that play @ManUtd are playing the game of their lives. We need to match that of aggression, motivation + desire. 95% isn't enough."

Is this a dig at Pogba?

Irrational.

At this point i'd be glad to see both of these feckers leave. I'm not really commenting on the veracity of this particular story, but there's been more than enough sniping from both over the past few months that i've had enough with. It's a full on PR assault from the both of them, each trying to butter up the fans and get in their good graces.

They don't give a flying feck about the club, and are in self-preservation mode. The club's a bit of a circus at the moment, and these two feckers are our clowns. Pricks.
Spot on. Feck 'em both. I've had enough.

Kapardin

Jose in prog calls Wolves draw: "an important lesson, a lesson I repeat week after week after week, a lesson some boys are not learning, every team that play @ManUtd are playing the game of their lives. We need to match that of aggression, motivation + desire. 95% isn't enough."

Is this a dig at Pogba?
In the light of this news, I am having some thoughts as to whether this tweet by Pogba was a dig at Jose stripping him of his captaincy rather than the journos:

Rolaholic

He can feck off in January and then let's bring Milinković-Savić instead, that would mean business.
It's one thing to say you want him out,its another to willingly want to downgrade on what you've got. There's absolutely nothing that SMS has shown that proves that he's fit to clean Pogba's boots let alone replace him at a huge club...

Being reactionary for the sake of being reactionary isn't the answer

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Is this a dig at Pogba?
Possibly. The bit about Wolves players approaching every game like a World Cup Final, unlike United players was a definite dig. A fair one too but making it via the press was pathetic.

Canagel

Is this a dig at Pogba?
Pogba was our best performer on the day so it can't be that. Even with the mistake his approach to the game was good. I guess it's the comments of Pogba telling the team to 'attack' that has angered Mourinho.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What happens if he captains us? Do we never believe these sources again?

AndyJ1985

Gotta love how in denial some people on here are; constantly dismissing every bit of news about Pogba not being happy, and not getting on with Mourinho.

Move on to stage 5 of the grieving process and accept it already ffs

SATA

It's on the BBC, so i think this should be true. I wonder what does Pogba himself thinks now. I bet Smalling gets the armband fulltime now, not that i really care. But i reckon this particular news will push Pogba further out of the door, next summer he'll be gone which is a shame

cyberman

Possibly. The bit about Wolves players approaching every game like a World Cup Final, unlike United players was a definite dig. A fair one too but making it via the press was pathetic.
Its in the program notes, he's talking to the fans

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I want him and Lukaku gone. A good purge of Raiola's rubbish will do wonders for the amount of backstage bollocks at the club.

nycender

Following this club is so incredibly tiring now. May have to take a break from all the drama :(

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I agree with Mourinho on one thing...No one is bigger than Manchester United, even if Pogba thinks he is.

He has serious attitude problems. I haven't liked the lack of respect he and his agent have shown to this club over the last few months

hobbers

BBC quoting it, now then now then.

What a fecking shitshow. Two giant cnuts squaring off and I don't really want to be in either corner.

cyberman

It's on the BBC, so i think this should be true. I wonder what does Pogba himself thinks now. I bet Smalling gets the armband fulltime now, not that i really care. But i reckon this particular news will push Pogba further out of the door, next summer he'll be gone which is a shame
Unless Jose turns it around I can't see him lasting the season.
Pogba will stay for Zidane imo, plus I think Barca could be exposed this year so that move might not be as attractive as its made out to be.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
if the BBC were unsure of the accuracy, they would have attributed it to the source rather than as a fact. So either they've made a very basic mistake about something potentially libelous if untrue, or it's true.

Irrational.

This looks irreparable. It'll be one or the other gone soon.

We're only 6 games into the season and it's already gone to shit. Can't wait for it to end.