Mourinho to Arsenal/Spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
That quote is interesting that Levy believes Spurs can still make top 4 hence the early sacking. Yet we are sticking with Ole, already accepting that top 4 is beyond us.

Shows just how far we have fallen as a club when Spurs have got higher ambitions than us.
wait... why have we given up on top four?

Johan07

The thing with Jose managing spurs is -

if he continues to want players of the mould of Perisic, Matic, Willian's like he did at United to make the numbers of his squad - I don't think he necessarily needs a big transfer budget to break transfer records either.

The spurs squad has arguably one of the world's top 5 'classic number 9' strikers in Harry Kane which Jose only ever uses. He has players cutting in on one side like Son, Delle Alli may improve out of nowhere and start playing like Lampard all of a sudden. Spurs might end up sorting out some of the older players issues in Vertonghen or the others & suddenly Jose has that experience factor he likes.

I think Jose & Spurs will work very well to get that club a kick up the ar*e they need to get them over finish lines.
No, but he would need Spurs to completely overhaul their wage bill. Spurs cant afford bringing in older players; a) because of their wage demands and b) that the transfer fees will have to be written of as costs for the club.
A Willian would demand larger wages or similar to Kane. How would that work out?
"Transfer budget" does not matter in this regard. Spurs problem has and always will be their wage bill and the restraints Levy has put on it.
As #Wumminator stated: please let this happen. Jose to Spurs. Pretty please. It will be so much fun.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That quote is interesting that Levy believes Spurs can still make top 4 hence the early sacking. Yet we are sticking with Ole, already accepting that top 4 is beyond us.

Shows just how far we have fallen as a club when Spurs have got higher ambitions than us.
Well yeah if you make things up then you can spin things any way you want

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Latest from Sky just now: Reps of Spurs and Mourinho are in advanced talks, agreement expected within 24 hours.

No Love

Spurs at Old Trafford on December 4th just got a whole lot more interesting then.

sugar_kane

Weirdly looking forward to watching all the Spurs fans and ex players slowly convincing themselves that this is a good thing and being slowly but severely disappointed and embittered.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sanchez is woeful, have you missed all the goals he's cost you this year just ball watching? Pretty sure Mourinho targeted him as a weak link in the europa league final. Think Foyth is dodgy aswell if you ran at him.

If he gets in think he'll just play Toby and Vertonghen until the summer and then freshen things up.
Sanchez has mostly been good this season, he has had a few wobbles but he is still young and will be a very good player

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
wait... why have we given up on top four?
The club in general has. If you ask the majority of fans, they will say we haven't got a chance. They all think the players are nowhere near good enough, yet Ole took over the 2nd best team in the country the year before, has had 2 windows and almost a year so far, so if that's true, it's his own doing.

We're 9 points off top 4 already. We've been in relegation form for a run longer than the one that has seen Poch sacked, yet 48.7% of the poll would still keep him and are clearly over the moon with him, what does that say about the standards currently here?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I can see it now. Us with Poch in charge wondering why we ever sacked Spurs Mourinho.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks like it will be Jose. Personally I'd be very happy with that. Although it tends to implode after 2 seasons I think he could be the right guy with the right stature to bring the club on another level even if it all goes tits up at the end.

redshaw

Looks like Jose's patience paid off and he'll get the London job he wanted.

charlenefan

Looks like it will be Jose. Personally I'd be very happy with that. Although it tends to implode after 2 seasons I think he could be the right guy with the right stature to bring the club on another level even if it all goes tits up at the end.
2 years isn't enough to take Spurs to another level though, getting Jose half way through a season is an unknown as well

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Mourinho to Spurs. Never thought I’d see the day.

charlenefan

It could be, we still have a very good team.
3 of your better players are gone in 6 months time and your form over 2019 suggests you don't have as good a team as you think. Plus you're miles off Liverpool and Spurs (like everyone else). What Jose might do though is win you an FA Cup this season and a Europa League next

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Hopefully it doesn't end up like this then:

Jose was very successful at enabling me to lord it over all the Utd fans in my work for the past year or two and to give me the pleasure of seeing their sad little faces when football was discussed.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
That Spurs side has players suited to Jose. Let's see how this pans out.

Castia

6 months ago if you were told Poch out Jose in you’d probably have pissed yourself laughing.

Spurs board are tough and Jose is renowned for going head to head with the board when he doesn’t get what he wants. Levy vs Jose headlines coming as early as this summer.

Eddy_JukeZ

Mourinho hasn't been capable of taking a club to another level for years and years now.

Doubt it goes well.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
6 months ago if you were told Poch out Jose in you’d probably have pissed yourself laughing.

Spurs board are tough and Jose is renowned for going head to head with the board when he doesn’t get what he wants. Levy vs Jose headlines coming as early as this summer.
I wouldn't have dreamed about how bad things would get at Spurs then either. I have always really liked Jose believe it or not, I like his arrogance and I think he is a superb manager.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Mourinho to Spurs. Never thought I’d see the day.
Seems like a terrible mismatch to me.

True, but the whole club philosophy has nothing in common with Jose. In fact they are diametrically opposite in almost every way.

Swashbuckling attacking football, no. Emphasis on bringing youth through the academy, no. Emphasis on growing young players into first team players, no. Large budget to spend on revamping and building the team, no.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Mourinho hasn't been capable of taking a club to another level for years and years now.

Doubt it goes well.
Well time will tell but honestly he is exactly the sort of person I think we need right now. Might be a disaster but I'm hoping that it will work out. Apparently Levy has tried to get Jose to the club three times before so he clearly is a massive fan and now it suits both parties. We got AVB because he was meant to be the new Jose, about time we got the real deal.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
No, but he would need Spurs to completely overhaul their wage bill. Spurs cant afford bringing in older players; a) because of their wage demands and b) that the transfer fees will have to be written of as costs for the club.
A Willian would demand larger wages or similar to Kane. How would that work out?
"Transfer budget" does not matter in this regard. Spurs problem has and always will be their wage bill and the restraints Levy has put on it.
As #Wumminator stated: please let this happen. Jose to Spurs. Pretty please. It will be so much fun.
That is true.

I can see why the Jose & Levy move is funny - but something makes sense about this to me, more than Jose and United ever did.

Jose moving to North London means he is as someone said it - a Jose Mourinho underdog like club again. The Porto's, the up and coming Chelsea, the Inter Milan.

Jose is at a stage where he has to tweak his approach to management slightly & I think Spurs are a club that will allow him to do that compared to clubs like Madrid or United. They neither would push him too far for not winning a title or a trophy, neither would they sit down and pretend like nothing happened for winning one either - which Jose has more than the capability of doing.

I don't know. Forget Levy. The players they have are very Mourinho in itself & more so than Post LVG United that he walked in to. I'd say if Levy & Spurs are smart - knowing when to spend or raise the wage bill then this can work to the point it makes United's top 4 Job even harder.

Pochettino is a really good manager & he himself said that now the stadium was done that Spurs needed the Second rebuilding cycle - wanting to shift possibly the older players and get some newer better & younger ones. Whilst I agree they need it, It does sound potentially expensive even for a club that has improved but not won anything. Jose is a bit more of a winner with his mentality & I feel that he can get them over the finish line - even some of these older players on their last legs.

ayushreddevil9

Funny to see how spurs fans are convinced that Jose is the 'real deal'

Bojan11

Another problem is once all the players who are out of contract leave, Jose will expect them to be replaced with equal good players not kids he has to develop.

He won’t be happy either if Levy doesn’t manage to replace all of them which is highly probable.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I agree, on paper Spurs have a very good squad. The only challenge is Spurs are in danger of losing some key players by next summer so replacing them will be a huge issue. On the other hand, Jose's appointment may encourage at least some of the players to change their mind and decide to stay. Definitely all eyes will be on Spurs the rest of the season.

ayushreddevil9

He is proven at the highest level, that is a fact.
I'm pretty sure you lot laughed at such claims made on here when he was our cnut.

Not like we have a better manager now but let's not rewrite stuff.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm pretty sure you lot laughed at such claims made on here when he was our cnut.

Not like we have a better manager now but let's not rewrite stuff.
I certainly didn't, as I've said before I really like Jose and think he is class. It was never going to work at Utd because it never felt like a good fit. Not sure why but I actually think it will work at Spurs. Feel free to throw this in my face in two seasons when I'm screaming for him to go.

Castia

I wouldn't have dreamed about how bad things would get at Spurs then either. I have always really liked Jose believe it or not, I like his arrogance and I think he is a superb manager.

Spurs do have a squad suited to his style I’ll admit that. Strong striker in Kane and a couple of midfielders willing to run their bollocks off in Sissoko and Ndombele.

Not sure the players will take to him, it’s a really tough one at Spurs with a core of the teaming bailing out in a few months, they probably give zero fecks at this point.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In theory, I can see this working out really well for Spurs. The foundations are there, I get the feeling some players may be interested in staying now Pochettino's gone not to mention that their current roster really fit Mourinho's profile of players, particularly how dirty and nasty they can be. Kane is about the as perfect a "Mourinho" striker as it's possible to be. The team does need some surgery though, particularly if the players set on leaving don't end up changing their minds'.

Mourinho's pedigree is unquestionable and if he picks up a trophy or two then that does wonders for rebuilding his reputation, which has taken a beating in the last few seasons. The football will be insanely ugly but effective. I'll look forward to seeing Spurs fans going through the same mental gymnnastics we did though, trying to convince themselves he won't be gone in 2 years, no matter what anyone says Levy and Mourinho is a recipe for disaster.

robinvpersie

Go back 24 hours....

If anyone said that Poch is gone tomorrow and Jose is coming in to replace him, imagine the uproar with spurs fans..

Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.