Mourinho to Arsenal/Spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Probably his last shot in England with a top club that will compete before he gallivants to another european league he's not been in yet. I don't see him doing the managerial journeyman thing with the rest, I can't see City taking him on not their style, and no chance in hell he'll ever manage Arsenal or Pool.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I want this to backfire so much :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Hang on a minute...didn't Mourinho imply that he would not join a club where he could not throw his weight around and call the shots?? He couldn't have picked the worst of the top 6 PL clubs if that's the case.

TommiHelm

Perfect team (or rather current squad) for Mourinho to manage, if this happens, in my opinion. He'll be more successful there in the next 2 years than Ole will be at United is my prediction. Hardly a bold prediction though I think. Though I doubt Ole will be here in 2 years time anyways.

Not looking forward to this if it happens. Was really hoping he'd go to some other league instead.

Djemba-Djemba

Perfect team for Mourinho to manage, if this happens, in my opinion. He'll be more successful there in the next 2 years than Ole will be at United is my prediction. Hardly a bold prediction though I think. Though I doubt Ole will be here in 2 years time anyways.

Not looking forward to this if it happens. Was really hoping he'd go to some other league instead.
A team that doesn't spend much money?

That seems the absolute worst kind of team for Mourinho.

TommiHelm

You really are quick to reply aren't you. I literally edited my post to say "or rather squad" 10 seconds after posting it. But yea, I do think it's the perfect squad for his way of playing football.

Djemba-Djemba

His last 4 seasons in English football

Hovering around relegation zone, sacked before Xmas
6th
2nd
Hovering around mid table, sacked before Xmas.

He's one of the greatest managers of all time but the vast majority of his success was a long time ago.

binary bot
I hope he goes to Spurs. He won't get near the league with Liverpool and City's squads. He implodes when he doesn't win.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mourinho XI

Kane
Son Ali Sissoko
N'dombele Dier
Rose Vertonghen Alderweireld Aurier
Lloris
Ha yes, we will see this for a big away game (actually looking at list Spurs have played most of the top half away from home already) or big CL ko tie, I do think this squad is more suited to his style than perhaps Man. United were. Can low block and also rapidly counter attack. That's what Spurs last few years were devastating at times with but lose their way in last six months.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He will be quite good. That team will definitely die for him. If he signs, Toby /Vert / Eriksen could stay.

He has 2 pacy wingers who can score goals, a world class striker and some very good options at no 10.
Ndombele and Sissoko with Wanyama and Dier backing them. Typical Jose team. He will fit in very smoothly.

Defence is aged but he will play deep anyway.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Didn't they sign Ndombele for 50 odd million in the summer? Think Lo Celso is an option to buy at 50m aswell.

He won't be signing 100m players as those sorts won't want to move to Spurs (particularly as they need great run of form to get top 4 now) but given they're likely to lose one of their CBs and Eriksen in the next six months I'm sure he'll get a decent budget to replace them.

FireballXL5

He will be quite good. That team will definitely die for him. If he signs, Toby /Vert / Eriksen could stay.

He has 2 pacy wingers who can score goals, a world class striker and some very good options at no 10.
Ndombele and Sissoko with Wanyama and Dier backing them. Typical Jose team. He will fit in very smoothly.

Defence is aged but he will play deep anyway.
Nah, it'll be a car crash.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
So Spurs are replacing Poch with the manager a sizeable chunk of Utd supporters wanted Poch to replace at Utd?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So Spurs are replacing Poch with the manager a sizeable chunk of Utd supporters wanted Poch to replace at Utd?
The fickle world of football management. The grass is always greener.

Jose is just lucky clubs are still giving him a chance at this level. This really is his last chance.

Djemba-Djemba

Didn't they sign Ndombele for 50 odd million in the summer? Think Lo Celso is an option to buy at 50m aswell.

He won't be signing 100m players as those sorts won't want to move to Spurs (particularly as they need great run of form to get top 4 now) but given they're likely to lose one of their CBs and Eriksen in the next six months I'm sure he'll get a decent budget to replace them.
Spurs spend a fraction of the money he's used to spending.

Plus I mean you look at some of his transfers here and they don't make for pretty viewing.

I think he's just past his best and incapable of connecting with modern players. There'll be the odd two or three in the squad he'll get on with but he'll just fall out with everyone else.

That will be his downfall as it has been for the last 3 jobs he's had.

Okey

Dearie me this is moving quite quickly. 2 weeks today at Old Trafford we will welcome the world's media like we haven't done in a long long time. Tasty doesn't even begin to describe it one bit!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Spurs spend a fraction of the money he's used to spending.

Plus I mean you look at some of his transfers here and they don't make for pretty viewing.

I think he's just past his best and incapable of connecting with modern players. There'll be the odd two or three in the squad he'll get on with but he'll just fall out with everyone else.

That will be his downfall as it has been for the last 3 jobs he's had.
I think as it stands he's got a free hit this season. He needs to keep his mouth shut, win plenty of games and Spurs will fly back up the league given how tight it is from 5th downwards so he will get a honeymoon period.

Can't deny it starts to go wrong after the second season but I think in the short term he'll do o.k.

Eddy_JukeZ

Funny to see Spurs fans on Twitter hyping up the appointment as if they're getting a prime Jose Mourinho.

Djemba-Djemba

I think as it stands he's got a free hit this season. He needs to keep his mouth shut, win plenty of games and Spurs will fly back up the league given how tight it is from 5th downwards so he will get a honeymoon period.

Can't deny it starts to go wrong after the second season but I think in the short term he'll do o.k.
It actually started to go wrong during his 2nd season here, although the effects of it weren't really felt until the season after.

He'll go in and be on his best behaviour at first and yeah Spurs will probably put a very good run together. There's no way they should be 14th so i'm sure he'll have them fly up the table like you said.

It will inevitably implode though, it's just a matter of how long before it happens.

Irwin99

Jose working with a solid defence, and having players like Kane and Son will be in his element. This could be a good short term appointment for both. Aren't Spurs fans usually fussy about having attacking coaches though?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I actually think Spurs squad kinda suits him. Kane is a Mourinho striker, Lucas is a perfect direct winger for him, he could get a lot out of Son, he'll use Eriksen as a 10 which I think is best best position, he'll get a lot out of Ndombele, Winks and Sissoko, they have strong centre backs which he'll like too.

The only real issue I see for him is he'll hate Aurier at right back, way too much of a defensive liability.

Lloris
New RB Toby Sanchez Rose
Ndombele Winks
Lucas/Sissoko Eriksen Son
Kane
If the rumours of him being a Dier fan are true than that isn't good news for Spurs fans though.

criticalanalysis

Just imagine how the same 11-15 players will get run into the ground by Mourinho for 12-18months straight to get that short term success if it happens..

DoomSlayer

It's like some of our fans would love for Mourinho to be successful in the PL again. Your "Jose" will be a rival of ours if he goes to Spurs, don't forget that.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Jose doesn't keep his mouth shut.

Irwin99

Mourinho XI

Kane
Son Ali Sissoko
N'dombele Dier
Rose Vertonghen Alderweireld Aurier
Lloris
Other than the full backs that's a good foundation for a top 4 team and i'm sure he'll make them better defensively (albeit without Lloris). Maybe he'll be a bit happier working in London again too.

mu4c_20le

Probably one example of where we'll see if he's learnt anything from last few years I guess.
"I would like to have two more players. I think I am not going to have two. I think it's possible I am going to have one, and that one I gave a list to Mr Levy five names a few months ago, and I want to see if it's possible to have one of these players. It's possible I get none."

Status
Not open for further replies.