Mourinho to Arsenal/Spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 102134

The Special One will be magnificent, they need a world-class manager to lead them to the trophies, football is played because of the trophies

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Seems like a terrible mismatch to me.
Depends really. If he puts a couple of trophies in their cabinet then I think that’d do Tottenham a world of good.

Reckon he’ll be gone in two or three seasons though and leave them in need of a rebuild.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This has happened very quickly. Mourinho must’ve been lined up for a while.

Chipper

Adulterer.
He's done a good job, but I'm not having that he's a victim of his own success. That's what happens when you do so well that people have unrealistic expectations of you in the future. He's 14th and should be doing better with the squad he has. Spurs have got 37 points from 29 games this calendar year.

That would almost certainly have got Redknapp, Jol, AVB, Hoddle etc fired too and the bar hasn't really been raised in that respect.

A better argument would be that he deserves more time and good will having earned credit in the bank from taking them to heights that those others didn't. I'd have more sympathy with that even though that is a long streak of bad form and doubts would have to start creeping in as whether or not it might just be best to make a clean break from Spurs' point of view.

Suedesi

Apparently a deal is close and can be agreed as soon as tomorrow.
The deal with the new coach has probably been agreed, which allowed Levy to sack Poch.

Otherwise, they would have sacked Poch at the beginning of the international week not the end...

DoomSlayer

Imagine if he wins, Ole gets sacked and Poch gets the United job. Nice kinda circle.
I'm sure a lot of our so called fans would be happy with that.

I'm sick of Mourinho cultists and acolytes, guess they were bound to show up again when their beloved supreme leader got a job again.

dove

I'm sick of Mourinho cultists and acolytes, guess they were bound to show up again when their beloved supreme leader got a job again.
Are you not sick of Ole cultists and acolytes?

diarm

I'm a little concerned at this.

I've made plenty of confident predictions about Spurs not winning any silverware while most of us are still alive.

That confidence stemmed from the belief that Levy would never hire a manager who threatened his chequebook.

I still think Pochettino was the best manager they could hope for but under Jose they could potentially win a league or even an FA Cup and nobody wants to see that.

Infestissumam

thought he'd end up at Everton to be honest. I'm shocked he'll get another shot at a bigger club, no idea what Spurs are thinking. Not only are his best times long gone, but he's also the kind of manager that would be at odds with Levy's penny pinching style and looking at that Spurs team I honestly don't see a Mourinho side. Imagine he'll earn quite a bit, too.

the whole thing feels completely out of character for Levy. I hope it backfires spectacularly.

Hawks2008

Could be good for Spurs but I look forward to when it all comes crashing down in approximately 3 years.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Imagine an away match against top 6 under Jose

Wanyama,Dier,Sissoko,Ndombele :drool:

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
thought he'd end up at Everton to be honest. I'm shocked he'll get another shot at a bigger club, no idea what Spurs are thinking. Not only are his best times long gone, but he's also the kind of manager that would be at odds with Levy's penny pinching style and looking at that Spurs team I honestly don't see a Mourinho side. Imagine he'll earn quite a bit, too.

the whole thing feels completely out of character for Levy. I hope it backfires spectacularly.
A world class 9, literally couldn’t have designed a better Jose striker than Kane, two experienced if ageing CB’s not that it’ll be an issue because he’s likely going to drop them deep and the spurs fans won’t be as vocal in demanding attacking football. Dier who he’s tried to sign previously, Son, Alli, Moura, Davies, Lamela, Sissoko. These types of players will run through brick walls for him. The only major issues I can see is at RB.

A few tweaks here and there but that looks very much like a Mourinho team to me. If he’s got the hunger and ability this could be a masterstroke. However if the CB’s and Eriksen still don’t sign new contracts then they’ll be in a bit of bother. They’ll need to buy 3-4 players in that case and I can’t see spurs paying the wages and obliterating their existing structure.

I mean on the whole it could go either way, but he’s walking in to a squad with a lot of quality in it. The football really isn’t going to be pretty though, he’s going to play his own way and he’d be a fool not to after his recent jobs.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Here's hoping they feck off from the Caf now and join some Spurs forum.

BlueHaze

There's actually no bloody way this is happening right now.. I just found out about this whole escapade. Poch sacked and Jose to take over. This will be interesting..

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
It's probably a decision thinking "Well we are 14th anyways, so lets try to shithouse a way to a UCL final. If it goes wrong, we sack him on summer"

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Said it few days back, Spurs squad will suit Jose. Kane is very good target man with very good link up play, pace on the wings with players like Son, Lucas Moura. 2 very experienced CBs.

northender

Supports
Preston North End
Spurs will probably suit Mourinho better than United. He never committed to living in Manchester and the squad was unbalanced, lacking in quality, and not really suited to his style of player. He views London as his hometown and he clearly likes the profile of the Spurs squad.

Their squad has a world class no.9 and physical focal point in Kane. Physical and athletic players across the pitch. A top quality left sided attacker, Son. All things Mourinho really values. Where the problems lie in the squad are probably at the back with an ageing goalkeeper and set of defenders, many of whom are running their contracts down. Expect this is where Mourinho would demand some investment, which leads onto the next point.

The main issue with this whole thing will come down to recruitment. Parts of the Spurs squad, especially the defence, need a bit of an overhaul. Could see it going sour very quickly if Levy, like with Pochettino, is reluctant to invest and back the manager.

ash_86

I'm happy If they get Jose. Spurs have a good squad and he'll bring in the seige mentality. All top 6 will dread playing against them and he'll make a claim for few cups. I'll take anything that brings down city / pool

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Best of luck to him. One of the greatest of all time and I hope he shows he is still a top manager (he is).

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City
Where the problems lie in the squad are probably at the back with an ageing goalkeeper and set of defenders, many of whom are running their contracts down. Expect this is where Mourinho would demand some investment, which leads onto the next point.

The main issue with this whole thing will come down to recruitment. Parts of the Spurs squad, especially the defence, need a bit of an overhaul. Could see it going sour very quickly if Levy, like with Pochettino, is reluctant to invest and back the manager.
Does the defence now need an overhaul though? Mourinho will surely love this experience at the back.

None of Alderweireld/Vertonghen/Lloris are actually out of their prime ages yet, so whilst Pochettino may have been happy for a refresh I'd imagine Mourinho will make a far more concerted push towards renewals.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Said it few days back, Spurs squad will suit Jose. Kane is very good target man with very good link up play, pace on the wings with players like Son, Lucas Moura. 2 very experienced CBs.
Kane hasn't been the player he used to be for about 2 years now, he's basically been a purely average premier league striker in that time. No fullbacks, very little going on in midfield. Mourinho might be able to turn it around for their centerbacks and Eriksen though, which would go a long way for them, but they still need big investment. Of course, they do have a few quality pieces that Mourinho will like and have still been performing, but there's a lot of risk because of the need for investment and Levy's tendency not to invest.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Do Spurs & Arsenal fans really think Mourinho is the solution?

He's a world class manager & tactically amazing manager. However, he's a winner, he doesn't like to settle with only top 4 and he needs money if he wants to compete with Pep's City & Klopp's Liverpool. Pep can spend as much money as he wants to rebuild his team & improve his team in any windows with the oil money. Klopp has already established a winning team now for the next few years. It'll take a lot of cash to catch them for Mourinho to build his winning team.

Even if he somehow end up winning trophy for one season, your club will likely to fall off due to his sort term plan signings. The next stage will be he will moan because the club can't give him money anymore, left the club in the condition where you will see a lot of ageing players & lot of work to be done to rebuild the team again. IMO Arsenal & Spurs who prefer a long term project don't suit Mourinho man management. Although, there is a positive with Spurs if they want to keep their main players because Mourinho has great CV to convince the players.

Shiva87

Imagine if he wins, Ole gets sacked and Poch gets the United job. Nice kinda circle.
Nothing in that is nice! 1. United lose. 2. Ole gets sacked. 3. Jose gets to brag about how we made a mistake.

Don't know what you're on about!

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Do Spurs & Arsenal fans really think Mourinho is the solution?

He's a world class manager & tactically amazing manager. However, he's a winner, he doesn't like to settle with only top 4 and he needs money if he wants to compete with Pep's City & Klopp's Liverpool. Pep can spend as much money as he wants to rebuild his team & improve his team in any windows with the oil money. Klopp has already established a winning team now for the next few years. It'll take a lot of cash to catch them for Mourinho to build his winning team.

Even if he somehow end up winning trophy for one season, your club will likely to fall off due to his sort term plan signings. The next stage will be he will moan because the club can't give him money anymore, left the club in the condition where you will see a lot of ageing players & lot of work to be done to rebuild the team again. IMO Arsenal & Spurs who prefer a long term project don't suit Mourinho man management. Although, there is a positive with Spurs if they want to keep their main players because Mourinho has great CV to convince the players.
If you look at eriksen, vertonghen and alderweireld and where they are at their career. I really don’t they gonna sacrifice their last move for mourinho. They have made it clear they don’t wanna sign. This teams needs a lot of investing because many of the players are late. 20s early 30s

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If you look at eriksen, vertonghen and alderweireld and where they are at their career. I really don’t they gonna sacrifice their last move for mourinho. They have made it clear they don’t wanna sign. This teams needs a lot of investing because many of the players are late. 20s early 30s
They have no chance to get it right under Mourinho if that's the case.

Mani

Thankfully this gets lot of attention away from United.He would do well with their existing squad for this season.

M16Red

It's like we've all forgotten the football this man had us playing... I wouldn't wish this on anyone.. a part from Liverpool.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It's like we've all forgotten the football this man had us playing... I wouldn't wish this on anyone.. a part from Liverpool.
Yes. I do not understand why people think this is good for Spurs after what he pulled at united. He’s going to bankrupt the team and leave it in tatters like united.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
They have no chance to get it right under Mourinho if that's the case.
Levy will need to spectacularly change his wage structure if he wants to keep all three at the club.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Kane hasn't been the player he used to be for about 2 years now, he's basically been a purely average premier league striker in that time. No fullbacks, very little going on in midfield. Mourinho might be able to turn it around for their centerbacks and Eriksen though, which would go a long way for them, but they still need big investment. Of course, they do have a few quality pieces that Mourinho will like and have still been performing, but there's a lot of risk because of the need for investment and Levy's tendency not to invest.
Very harsh on Kane. I think Jose will have good chance to play his favored 4-2-3-1 with 2 good CMs, Alli/Eriksen as 10 with Son and Lucas as wingers. With low defensive line and pace on counters, they will do well.

They need rebuild though, they will lose 3 first team players and FBs is a weak point. Not sure if Jose is the one to take them to next level with budget restrictions.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Thankfully this gets lot of attention away from United.He would do well with their existing squad for this season.
I think it's the reverse. If he does well then all will point how badly United are run and how Jose thrives under a good structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.