Mourinho's Brighton Press Conference | 14:00 BST

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I will accept that but I don't believe that Custis' entire article was plucked out of thin air. I'm not going to comment any further on this post because I've run our of my posts for the day and I'm unlikely to get more likes on this thread to get more posts :). However, my analysis of the situation is that Mourhino overplayed his hand with Pogba last season and during the world cup which backfired when club decided to side with Pogba in this feud. Now, Mou is just trying to make the best of the bad situation get everything fixed whereas Pogba has just gained a massive underhand over the manager who will now have to accommodate his desires to play more offensively instead of putting defensive shackles on him.
I would argue one of the reasons Pogba played so well in the World Cup was due to the defensive side of his game, perhaps something Mourinho has helped get out of him.

Olril18

I'm more inclined to believe the Papers than Mourinho in this case because what Mourhinho said today was exactly what I'd expect a manager to say when he's had a falling out with a player who is considered more important by the club than himself and rightly so. I don't have any issues with what Mourhino said but I still believe that what papers said sounded realistic and today's comments does nothing to disprove that. I am just puzzled why everyone is acting like the whole thing was made up because I can't see that after looking at the quotes.
people like you are so comfortable posting shit up and down the caf,even after you have been shown up.

beedoubleyou

What are you on about???

Hes pointing out how long they have worked together at United - 2 years and a couple of weeks.

Absolutely zero to do with how long is left on his contract.

Christ on a bike.
This is never going to fecking end, is it? Nothing more tiresome than a self-hating fanspiracists.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This entire forum is either kool-aid or chem-trails.
No. Just the ones that post a lot in those threads. Most of us (with nuanced positions residing in the grey area between those extremes) rarely get involved or stay away completely.

CM

Mourinho has handled the press much better over the last week. It makes it far easier as a fan to get on board with when there is some effort to protect the players and present themselves (and the board) as a united front. The rumblings of discontent have been entertained for far too long.

Offsideagain

So who thought Jose would have come out and said ‘Yes, Pogba is a spoiled brat’. I’d be delighted if what Jose has said is true and the media can feck off and try and destabilise someone else.

sam147

Pogba talking about being fined was obviously directed to the clubs owners. They might've made false promises and they didnt deliver this summer. Could also be a reason why Jose seems to be on his side now as Pogba wants what he wants.

GM K

A lot more conciliatory and positive comments from Mourinho lately. Wouldn’t be surprised if someone has had a word with him after all the negativity during pre-season.
I think he was genuinely worried and upset about the transfer market situation. In fairness, that was understandable. But an argument can be made that no matter how upset he was, he should have managed perception better.

But his last press statements have been superb, one has to say.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Any news on Ashley Young’s availability?
Was on the bench against Leicester. If Lingard is up to speed then surely Young is a possible starter on Sunday. The only ones still out are Matic and Valencia, but they're back in training since yesterday.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I think it’s naive to think that there haven’t been problems between Pogba and Jose, I think that much is clear at least. However, I think the media blew it all out of proportion to begin with.

In my opinion, the club are playing happy families in the press to patch over the problems and shed some positivity over the situation.

Anyway, looking forward to the Brighton game!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'd love to go to town right now on a shit load of posters that kept peddling and peddling this negativity created by the press and turned it into a large cloud over the club.

I saw somebody say that the media stories sound more realistic than the words that Jose says :houllier:, the news of United being angry about the Pogba stories, the absolute countless videos and photos of the players looking as happy as I've seen in a long time. Pogba turning up to a club media day in his United shirt all laughter and smiles. Honestly, the clues were there. The club generally doesn't respond to this stuff, but they posted a lot of stuff behind the scenes to try and point out that the media were chatting shit. It didn't work though, so they ended up briefing the press because of the damage our own fans were allowing the press to do.

A few of us kept pointing this contrary evidence out, saying it doesn't tally at all with the different picture the media were trying to paint, but the clowns on here and social media kept lapping it up.

I just want to say a massive "told you so" to all those posters, because it's put everyone on a downer having to listen to it. And being able to enjoy football means a lot to some of us. I don't want RedCafe to go full RAWK, but there has to be some middle ground when it comes to perpetuating these fecking stupid stories. The journos must love it, so many United fans just lap it up and turn their shit stirring into some sort of massive scoop.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Reading after a few quotes, I'm much happier and positive. We will never know what happens internally to the full extent but as long as nothing transpires publicly, I'm happy.

MV12

I've got to say that I now have a warm tingly feeling after hearing the presser..... Is that normal?

Smores

I'd love to go to town right now on a shit load of posters that kept peddling and peddling this negativity created by the press and turned it into a large cloud over the club.

I saw somebody say that the media stories sound more realistic than the words that Jose says :houllier:, the news of United being angry about the Pogba stories, the absolute countless videos and photos of the players looking as happy as I've seen in a long time. Pogba turning up to a club media day in his United shirt all laughter and smiles. Honestly, the clues were there. The club generally doesn't respond to this stuff, but they posted a lot of stuff behind the scenes to try and point out that the media were chatting shit. It didn't work though, so they ended up briefing the press because of the damage our own fans were allowing the press to do.

A few of us kept pointing this contrary evidence out, saying it doesn't tally at all with the different picture the media were trying to paint, but the clowns on here and social media kept lapping it up.

I just want to say a massive "told you so" to all those posters, because it's put everyone on a downer having to listen to it. And being able to enjoy football means a lot to some of us. I don't want RedCafe to go full RAWK, but there has to be some middle ground when it comes to perpetuating these fecking stupid stories. The journos must love it, so many United fans just lap it up and turn their shit stirring into some sort of massive scoop.
The biggest issue is even the 'lies' after getting proven as such still get internalised as negativity. It's the biggest issue with people just believing whatever sports journalists write (for clicks).

Ace of Spades

Is Darmian in the last year of his contract ?? If he is, is there a option to extend ??

WoodysWallet

Was on the bench against Leicester. If Lingard is up to speed then surely Young is a possible starter on Sunday. The only ones still out are Matic and Valencia, but they're back in training since yesterday.
Lingard is not available though is he? Jose said he’s back in training but not available for selection.

I’m guessing Young will start at Rb, considering Darmians position at the moment.

Ban

I think it’s naive to think that there haven’t been problems between Pogba and Jose, I think that much is clear at least. However, I think the media blew it all out of proportion to begin with.

In my opinion, the club are playing happy families in the press to patch over the problems and shed some positivity over the situation.

Anyway, looking forward to the Brighton game!
Yeah I think there may have been differencies but media as they do have blown it completely out of proportions.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Has to be a hidden meaning in those quotes. Like the first letter of every word spells out "I hate Pogba" or something. I'm sure Custis will crack it.

Laurentiu amt

I love how most of this forum can t react well to positive news these days, it s quite funny.

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The biggest issue is even the 'lies' after getting proven as such still get internalised as negativity. It's the biggest issue with people just believing whatever sports journalists write (for clicks).
I hope everybody remembers exactly what happened today, so that the next time the media start trying to stir things up again there's plenty of people ready to point out that we've been here before.

Honestly, last season it was rife with stories of an issue between Pogba and Jose, then next minute Pogba makes a beeline for Jose when he's being interviewed to celebrate with him after the Liverpool game. I don't get why people didn't take this round of Pogba stories with a fecking massive fist full of salt.