Mourinho's comments on Scholes

Segment

Come on lads watch the full video you will understand his tone. Its not as harsh as the initial quotes make out to be. This is why Im skeptical of them

shaky

Most people would be fine if Jose was calling out Souness for some of his negative comments about Pogba. Same rules should apply for Scholes.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Im with Mourinho on this one. I can't stand the Nevilles, Scholes or Giggs as pundits; they have the exact opposite of what former United players should say.

Ferdinand is my favourite United pundit; because he is honest when he needs to be and backs the team when he needs to.
I find this to be spot on, too. Ferdinand is objective but is complimentary about the team when it's merited. Scholes' and Neville's dour personalities hinder their ability to be anything but negative about the club.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Scholes has done nothing but criticize him since he got the job. Scholes in fact has done nothing but insult our players and managers since he retired.

Don't particularly care. Doesn't change what he did for the club but he deserves it.
This. He's my favourite player of all time but as a pundit he does seem to like to put the boot in on United at times.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Actually listen to the whole comments that jose made. He lauded him actually at the end. But fairs fair, Scholes was a great legendary player, as Mourinho stated....but he's never managed...never had the balls to and it is a totally totally different game as so many have experienced. Managing a premier league football team today has changed even since Fergie left. Didn't find anything wrong with what he said. If you are criticised and questioned about it..what is he meant to say...'yeah, Paul is right, I'm shite...' Fecks sake...
No point mate...any fecking excuse to have a dig at him

roseguy64

I don't think there is anything wrong with what Scholes is saying.

Jose shouldn't bite.

There's only going to be one winner in the end. Scholes is a legend and whilst he may talk bollocks at times - it's hard to completely disregard what he's saying as he does have genuine love for the club. I doubt any person on the caf wants United to succeed more than Scholes.
So Scholes is right that Pogba is unfit and unable to control a game?

El Pasillo

Scholes has done nothing but criticize him since he got the job. Scholes in fact has done nothing but insult our players and managers since he retired.

Don't particularly care. Doesn't change what he did for the club but he deserves it.
To be fair... is there really anything good for Scholes to say about Manchester United though?

Since SAF retired from the game, the highest the club has finished is 4th.

I completely understand Scholes who apparently isn't the guy who accept mediocrity, which I can't say the same about many users on RedCafe...

snk123

In fairness, I don't think he's whinging completely. He's basically saying here Pogba is playing well because he's good at everything, but you could get more out of him by playing him in a three with a great passer behind him and let him get on with attacking.

Its the title of the video that Mourinho's probably seen, or something similar in the press but it's taken out of context.
Can people fecking see this video and then stop commenting that "Scholes is a shit pundit and Jose is right"

It's this analysis that has riled up Jose and ironically Scholes was proved 100% right.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Really? Scholes and a few other greats of the game have made a name for themselves as being total Pratts on TV. It doesn’t matter that he’s a Utd legend, that remains untarnished. If he wants to say some ‘controversial,’ statements as a TV pundit he should expect the same in return. Jose has a point. It doesn’t preclude him from having an opinion,however it doesn’t give him immunity from criticism himself.

Personally he’s a crap pundit. He simply doesn’t have the personality of a Neville nor the sardonic humour of a Keane

feck, I don't think Scholes sounds arrogant at all, imo. He has his opinion. He had with Moyes, Rooney, LvG and now Jose. I don't think he was out of order in anything he said.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I don't think there is anything wrong with what Scholes is saying.

Jose shouldn't bite.

There's only going to be one winner in the end. Scholes is a legend and whilst he may talk bollocks at times - it's hard to completely disregard what he's saying as he does have genuine love for the club. I doubt any person on the caf wants United to succeed more than Scholes.
Jose has no right to defend himself then? Thats fair

Revaulx

Scholes is an awful pundit, but his comments on Pogba's performance against Southampton were (a) spot on and (b) criticising Jose's use of him rather than Pogba personally.

For his own purposes, Jose chose to take offence on behalf of Pogba so that he could be seen to "defend" him. Surely people can recognise this; apparently it's called fauxtrage.

I enjoyed the irony of Jose more or less following Scholes' recommendations for today's match, and being rewarded handsomely. What I won't be enjoying is the inevitable return to 4-2-3-1 and shit performances.

Ekeke

Typical Mourinho. You either praise and support me at all times, or you're an enemy and target

Paul_Scholes18

I love scholes, my favorite player all time. But he really is a terrible pundit, and I feel he always goes over the top to emphasize the negatives when it comes to United.
He would fit in on this forum. He is like a lot of people here being very negative after poor results. I did see no problem with his comments this time though. Also very stupid from Mourinho showing he is not really in balance at the moment. They should not care or focus on what people are saying about them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ve always been pro Jose but there’s no way he can take on Scholes and win. Should’ve known better. Maybe wind it in a bit Mou?
What? :lol: He's hardly the most articulate debater.

Woodzy

It's quite sad that someone like Giggs is pretty much a laughing stock on here nowadays but Mourinho responds to public criticism from Scholes and it causes uproar.

Baby Groot

Hum, perpahs we should sack Mourinho and bring Scholes in as manager.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Scholes was bang on about Pogba. Jose is a tit. That performance was in spite of him rather than because of him.
Seriously?

If you think this garbage:

"
“Where is the Paul Pogba we saw at Juventus? He was all over the pitch, he was battling, he was tackling, he was sprinting to people, he was scoring goals from 25 yards out,” he told BT Sport.

“Now he is just strolling through games.

“Pogba doesn’t look fit. I wonder whether he is training properly.

"He does not look like a player who will win you games and that is what you pay £90m for.

“No-one in England should be getting near him, but he is being asked to do a role he is not comfortable in."

is spot on, about a player who has comfortably been our best player and match winner this season, you are as thick as Scholes the pundit.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He would fit in on this forum. He is like a lot of people here being very negative after poor results. I did see no problem with his comments this time though. Also very stupid from Mourinho showing he is not really in balance at the moment. They should not care or focus on what people are saying about them.
I'm 90% sure he's noodlehair actually.

Castia

All Scholes does is slag us off to be honest, not sure he should be called out on it though by the current manager.

minoo-utd

Really weird from Jose. Un necessary, he could say what he wants with more respectful way. I don't agree hearing such words about one of the club legend. Scholes only said what every body else felt about Pogba last three games.

snk123

“It's not Paul's fault that he made much more money than Paul Scholes. It's just the way football is."

What the actual feck?

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
It's a bit stupid and unnecessary. It doesn't matter if Scholes is a good pundit or not, he is paid to voice his opinion and Jose doesn't have to agree with him. That attack on him feels a bit childish and it's not like Jose and the team don't deserve critic in the recent weeks.

Paxi

So Scholes is right that Pogba is unfit and unable to control a game?
What, Scholes didn't say that. Fair enough he doesn't really articulate himself very well. He just asked whether he was as fit as he was at Juve. Juve under Conte and Allegri were much more of a team that covered more ground. Nothing he said in that video is wrong.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Red devils descend into hell...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Scholes being jealous of Pogba's money. You agree with that?
No. I don't agree with that but it's not like Jose was the first manager to have issues with ManUtd legends talking negatively in the media. Van Gaal also has issues and said more than once about these legends creating negative atmosphere and turning fans against managers.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
If someone could just explain this:

“Fifty per cent of that is 12.5 silverware, 25 per cent is around 6. If he's 25 per cent as successful, he'll be quite happy.”

tbh, SAF should get Scholes, and Gary, on the phone, and tell them to stfu.

Probably, he's having a right old laugh about, though.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
feck, I don't think Scholes sounds arrogant at all, imo. He has his opinion. He had with Moyes, Rooney, LvG and now Jose. I don't think he was out of order in anything he said.
I never said he was arrogant. I’d love it if he was;he’d be watchable
Of course you’re entitled to agree with him as I’m entitled to agree with Jose’s comments in return.

Far too many in here are seduced by the ‘legend’ status of ex players. They can speak their fair share of bollocks.

Thankfully that’ll never define a player like Scholes

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Not really as unnecessary as people claim, when it just comes of as disrupting for the group to have a legend of the club talk shit about them for cash.

Paxi

Jose has no right to defend himself then? Thats fair
He should rise above it. feck, you remember the pelters he got when he started mouthing off to Redknapp. Just leave it. As I said earlier. They're both right in what they're saying. Jose should know better though - Hacks are only looking a sound bite and they got one.

Paul_Scholes18

Really weird from Jose. Un necessary, he could say what he wants with more respectful way. I don't agree hearing such words about one of the club legend. Scholes only said what every body else felt about Pogba last three games.
Jepp although fitness was the wrong word and I would rather say it would be more of a mental thing. He played well today though which indicate that fitness and fatigue would not be his issue (rather Matic looks very tired).

roykeane19

Jose is defending his team, something everyone on here wanted. Should he just kiss the arse of our legends instead?
Some people here have some weird deity status to former players who were good for us, especially the homegrown ones. If Scholes wants to criticise Pogba, its only fair that he`s open to criticism back. Plus I never hear them say anything about Rooney in his last few seasons with us.

If your such an honest pundit, say Rooney was passed it,or something negative, instead of the constant unwarranted praise

Moiraine

I think Jose made it clear the day he started United job that the Club's legends are always welcome to come to him and share their thoughts rather than to criticize on media. I think his comments on Scholes are more in disappointment than having a real go at him. Scholes should have taken it into consideration that Pogba is coming back after a long injury and will take him some games to find rythem. If United's legends will start having a go at their star players while the already biased media is always full of criticism on every little thing, it will become a literal media trial of United.

SirAF

Ageist

Pundits, who’s done feck all as a coach, criticising is a bit meh.