Mourinho's cowardly tactics set us up to fail

cyberman

:lol: So he isn't purposefully managing us terrible. It's all just a bit of a mistake.
Its a flaw that we have.
Is it that hard to understand? Are we seriously saying Jose sets us out to be disjointed and all at sea at the back?

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
He’s the biggest coward in the Premier League. A disgrace that we’re letting him ruin everything the club used to stand for.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Its a flaw that we have.
Is it that hard to understand? Are we seriously saying Jose sets us out to be disjointed and all at sea at the back?
He manages is to sit back fairly often. And regardless, if we have such a gaping flaw more than two years into his tenure, then he has no business managing this club

IrishMcD

Fair enough the tactics of sitting back are shit. Agreed. But we also have a squad with bang average players like lingard, Young, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Valencia, Herrera, Rashford, McTomminay, Fellaini etc....we aren't going to get back to anywhere near where we want to be with these players starting for United. They ****,y aren't good enough. You could argue Mata, Sanchez and Lukaku fit that group as well.

Ekeke

Fair enough the tactics of sitting back are shit. Agreed. But we also have a squad with bang average players like Lingard, Young, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Valencia, Herrera, Rashford, McTomminay, Fellaini etc....we aren't going to get back to anywhere near where we want to be with these players starting for United. They ****,y aren't good enough. You could argue Mata, Sanchez and Lukaku fit that group as well.

plenty oh which were signed in mourinho's reign

cyberman

He manages is to sit back fairly often. And regardless, if we have such a gaping flaw more than two years into his tenure, then he has no business managing this club
I don't think he built this side with how we're trying to play this season in mind.
I kind of wish we did sit back a bit more, we seem to need the opposition to sit back a and protect a lead before we take a forward step.
At least if we sit back on purpose we would have some sort of control and purpose.

Minimalist

I don't think he built this side with how we're trying to play this season in mind.
I kind of wish we did sit back a bit more, we seem to need the opposition to sit back a and protect a lead before we take a forward step.
At least if we sit back on purpose we would have some sort of control and purpose.
Jesus christ.

IrishMcD

plenty oh which were signed in Mourinho's reign
Didn't say otherwise mate, but my point being is this squad is nowhere good enough to take city on in an attacking game. In fact, half of those players arent good enough for mid table teams. We are what we are at the minute. A crap squad.

amolbhatia50k

Alright. So this season is just happening to him? Am I mistaken or is he supposed to manage our team?

SAFMUTD

The worst part is that we arent even being properly set back. I seriously dont know what does Mourinho train in the week, its embarassing.

potatopotato

Mourinho has done a decent job. There was no chance of out passing City without Pogba. Please be realistic. We are still in the game, support the team and sook after cmon.

Skills

Snitch
Alright. So this season is just happening to him? Am I mistaken or is he supposed to manage our team?
Are you kidding? I'm pretty sure his 20m a year contract is only to cover general appearances and press conferences.

El Zoido

We’re making a good effort of this so I’ve no idea why people are complaining.

cyberman

Yea. Did you miss the summer debacle?
He's had to adjust the style of play with the same set of players that were signed to play a more conservative style.
Do you think he signed Matic and Lukaku with the intention of a high press?

amolbhatia50k

Yea. Did you miss the summer debacle?
He's had to adjust the style of play with the same set of players that were signed to play a more conservative style.
Do you think he signed Matic and Lukaku with the intention of a high press?
Good use of the victim card. Nobody is buying it. Poor management is leading to poor results/peformances. The debacle started when we hired the wrong manager again who has only gone on to prove that fact.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Given our manager's nature, the players we have and the gulf in class between us and our opponents, I have no real issue with the tactics he chose today.

It's the aforementioned nature, players and gulf that is unacceptable. We shouldn't be in a position where this is the best way we can approach the game. Which is (largely) Mourinho's responsibility.

ErranMorad

We’re making a good effort of this so I’ve no idea why people are complaining.
Because in some of our minds 2 years after getting a supposed top manager and him spending 400m+ in that period, we expect to see a bit more than "making a good effort" like some relegation battler.

But may you are right. May be we need to reconcile to the fact that we are no longer a top dog and our manager at this moment is a glorified Tony Pulis with a bunch of 30m to 75m pound duds.

Robbie Boy

City: 10 shots 68% possession.
United: 2 shots 32% possession.

Mourinho mega-fans “we’ve played well”. Ok.

Minimalist

Oh so close lads!

Nearly a brave 2-1 defeat but we let it slip.

Hard luck.

Fecking joke. Feck off Mourinho.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
City: 10 shots 68% possession.
United: 2 shots 32% possession.

Mourinho mega-fans “we’ve played well”. Ok.
It’s fecking atrocious. Every poster that defends him is surely a fan of a rival club posing as a United fan? We don’t even try.

PepsiCola

Mourinho's biggest achievement is lowering the expectations amongst Top Reds.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Why should I wait for a match to end when it's about the start of matches? So often we go 1-0 down as he isn't interested in us taking the front foot.

I'm fed up of us just giving the opposition the ball and saying "come at us bet you can't score LOL'" and then surprisingly they do.
I agree. Start this thread when the match is over, and they call it knee jerk. Start it during the match, you’re laughed at. Fact is, you’re talking about more than just today.

BlahRules

Playing with 3 defensive midfielder who don’t have the ability to attack and expect something is just pathetic.

Martial is the only player who tried but Mourinho is going to say it’s Lukaku is the reason why we got a goal