Moussa Dembele

The Neviller

Have had a look and don't see any mention of this in here. May well be a non-story but seems we have been linked with a summer move. Looks decent anytime I've seen him, which admittedly isn't a lot, but he'd remind me more of an attacking player. Seems though that he's played well for Fulham this season in a central midfield role.

So what say the Caf? Non-story newspaper bollocks, or a Fergie style move? Anyone watched more of him than me to give a better appraisal of his abilities to play midfield?

Could Fulham star Moussa Dembele solve Man Utd's midfield shortcomings? - Football News - Football - Sport - People.co.uk

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Good player. I don't see us making a move for him, but he'll definitely go on to bigger things sooner rather than later.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up going to somewhere like Newcastle or Liverpool to be honest. Seems like it would be a good move for them, and for him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He used to be a forward but was turned into a midfielder at Fulham, I am not convinced that it'll work at United but then again Pirlo was a forward who turned into quite a good midfielder.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Didn't see anything in the transfer forum, probably should have looked elsewhere. Guess it still warrants a place here since it's a transfer rumour? Maybe not. If mods want to move then feel free.
I don't mind it. Up to the mods. I just remembered one particular individual on here who likes him.

The Neviller

It actually sounds like the kind of signing Fergie would make, a bit of a surprise, unexpected deal, player from a smaller Premier League club, with potential to improve. Like the Valencia deal maybe.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I think he's class. I've been tellin everyone (not on here admittedly) for a while now to much ridicule that i wouldnt be surprised if United went in for him, rather than a proven big name. Similar to Saha, Valencia and Young signings, proven premier league players not on the radar of other big european teams.

The Neviller

I think he's class. I've been tellin everyone (not on here admittedly) for a while now to much ridicule that i wouldnt be surprised if United went in for him, rather than a proven big name. Similar to Saha, Valencia and Young signings, proven premier league players not on the radar of other big european teams.
That was kind of my thinking, when I read the story, that it just wouldn't surprise me as it's the type of signing I'd expect Fergie to make. Haven't seen enough of him to judge whether I'd be excited by it or not if it where to happen.

Cutch

That was kind of my thinking, when I read the story, that it just wouldn't surprise me as it's the type of signing I'd expect Fergie to make. Haven't seen enough of him to judge whether I'd be excited by it or not if it where to happen.
Yeah definately. Not sure where exactly he'd fit in but he's fairly versatile so could be an option in a variety of positions. With his flicks and tricks he'd be awesome linking up with the likes of Welbeck and Cleverley. :drool:

Sally Cinnamon

He's one of my favourite players from the Premier League, love watching him play. I can't tell if Fulham is his level or if he'd do well if someone like United signed him. I'd definitely be excited if we bought him.

Cold_Boy

He's one of my favourite players from the Premier League, love watching him play. I can't tell if Fulham is his level or if he'd do well if someone like United signed him. I'd definitely be excited if we bought him.
Same here.

Fulham are one my fav teams this season in the PL to watch as well.

Cristiano_RAFC

As a Belgian, I have seen lots of him and I'm a fan of the way he plays. He used to be a striker, but later turned into a winger somewhat. Now at Fulham he's playing as a CM. His main quality is the fact that he never seems to lose the ball. If you want someone to hold the ball for you, you just give it to Dembele. He's a strong man with great technique, he can pass and he can beat defenders.

His main weakness is his scoring ability. He just doesn't score enough for a striker. Maybe Jol found his true position in midfield which would make the goal scoring problem less important than for a striker.

I wouldn't mind him at United as I think he has the qualities for it, but I admit I may be biased considering he's Belgian like me. ;)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's amazing to watch. Don't watch Fulham enough to know how effective he is but he's got fantastic ability.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Looks a great player, close control and creative. Had a great season for Fulham and wouldn't be fully against a move for him if we could get him for around £10m.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he should be our first buy IMO.

Premier league experience, will be hungry to make the step up to a big team, wont be expensive to transfer, 10-15m at the most, and his wages will be fairly regular considering what he is on at fulham.

He would also be a great partner to carrick, would take the forward momentum of the midfield very well, keep the ball and distribute nicely.

Think he is very underrated and could turn out to be a star in our midfield.

RedLars

I agree with most that he looks a good prospect. Haven't seen enough to judge whether or not I think he'll have what it takes to make the step up really, but he's a very exciting player to watch.

finneh

Sometimes he looks like he could make the step up to a club like United, other times he looks like a luxury that Fulham can't afford. I feel he'll find his level at somewhere like Liverpool.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sometimes he looks like he could make the step up to a club like United, other times he looks like a luxury that Fulham can't afford. I feel he'll find his level at somewhere like Liverpool.
Alot of people said the same amount ashley young.

Im confident he would make the step up.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked

He's still very new to this centre midfield role, and has looked anything but a luxury there, just a top player.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Well Young hasn't established himself as anything more than an useful squad player at United. That is generally someone who is at Liverpool's level is generally just capable of.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If we sign a midfielder next summer (and I hope we do) I really hope we sign someone who is a proper, all-round central midfielder. Someone who knows how to dictate play and is able to impose himself on the game. Can't say I've ever seen this Dembele bloke do either of the above. Lots of fancy flicks and tricks but nothing like the kind of player I think we need.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If we sign a midfielder next summer (and I hope we do) I really hope we sign someone who is a proper, all-round central midfielder. Someone who knows how to dictate play and is able to impose himself on the game. Can't say I've ever seen this Dembele bloke do either of the above. Lots of fancy flicks and tricks but nothing like the kind of player I think we need.
Completely agree. I would welcome us signing Dembele but if we're signing ONE central midfielder then it has to be someone who fits that description. Someone who is also hopefully at home as a central midfielder rather than adapted to be worked into it.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Completely agree. I would welcome us signing Dembele but if we're signing ONE central midfielder then it has to be someone who fits that description. Someone who is also hopefully at home as a central midfielder rather than adapted to be worked into it.
Exactly. Enough fecking square pegs in round holes.

Aint gota Kalou

He's always had a touch of class about him but he's very wasteful in front of goal. He could've been a great forward if it wasn't for that reason but he seems to be getting better and better in midfield. I think he's playing alongside Murphy at the moment and he's not exactly the most mobile midfielder so I don't see a reason why he couldn't come and be the more attack minded midfielder in our midfield 2.

If we did sign him I would be scared if I were Ando as they're pretty similar in style. I still think he would be very good here but that sort of midfielder is not a major priority for us, we need someone who can play deeper like Carrick as when he's out we lack someone like that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
if Anderson is shown the door in the summer, then we have a spot for someone like Dembele

Regardless of that, we still need one more all-action-hero in CM

edit: ditto the man above, thinking of Ando

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
He of course will need a fair bit of work on dictating play etc. but in terms of technical quality I see no reason at all why he wouldn't be able to achieve a good level of this with experience.

I get the impression though if you say he doesn't impose himself on the game you haven't watched him much in central midfield. He has been fantastic at this aspect, covering the ground, showing his athleticism providing the mobility that Murphy cannot. In this regard I'd have absolutely no worries.

Will Absolute

We've been linked with Hazard, Pogue. I'm not sure your wishes are going to be fulfilled.

Cutch

if Anderson is shown the door in the summer, then we have a spot for someone like Dembele

Regardless of that, we still need one more all-action-hero in CM

edit: ditto the man above, thinking of Ando
I was thinkin Dembele as more of a Park replacement tbh.

Totally different players admittedly but I think Dembele would offer us so much more in an attacking sense.

Leg-End

Helped by the fact our midfield generally didn't want to bother trying to stop him, he just ran through it at every chance.

Looks a decent player though.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Was the only player that did anything of note for Fulham. Sure, Dempsey had some shots but he always shoots.