Moussa Dembele

fanutd

He should be judged about his performance in the role at the end of next season.
I agree with that sentiment. In fact, I would say should be judged only after he has played that position for 2 seasons to get a real idea.

One great benefit of having him in the team is his driving runs through the center will surely drag out/suck in a few opposition players. Thus causing the opposition to lose their shape and give our wide players more room to work in.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
A defender with more assists this season than Dembele (not to mention winning at least one important penalty - maybe more?).
Winning the penalty counts as an assist.

It was tongue in cheek since he can't defend and has no end product.

beergod

I don't think we would be interested in him unless we decide to pull the plug on Anderson. Would be a decent long term replacement for Giggs role in our current squad if we did decide that Anderson needed to leave.

Diablodave

I'm sure none will be surprised to learn City have apparently now made enquiries according to media this morning after us supposedly scouting him.

Key words are apparently and supposedly of course

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I'm sure none will be surprised to learn City have apparently now made enquiries according to media this morning after us supposedly scouting him.

That wouldn't surprise me, i am of the opinion as they currently do not have a scouting infrastructure in place their policy is based upon chasing the targets of others.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Source? To both ours and their interest?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Apparently we are going to make a £10m bid for him...i think Mail will be running a story on this tomorrow.

Ringo 07

United line up £10m Dembele bid as major rebuilding begins in earnest
By ROB DRAPER
Manchester United are considering a £10million bid for Fulham's attacking midfielder Mousa Dembele with Paul Scholes still to make a decision over whether he will play on next season.
United are expected to start rebuilding in the likely event of losing their Premier League title to Manchester City and Dembele is in line to be the first of a number of signings.
The 24-year-old Belgium midfielder has made a huge impression since his £5m move from AZ Alkmaar in 2010 and he has been a revelation following Fulham manager Martin Jol's decision to drop him back into a deeper central-midfield role in the 2-1 win over Stoke in February.
He has only scored twice this season but has been instrumental in Fulham's rise to ninth and is seen as a ready-made replacement for Scholes, 37.
With Lille's attacking midfielder Eden Hazard - who has just been voted player of the year in the French League - likely to join City, Ferguson must find cover for Darren Fletcher, who has a long-term illness, and Tom Cleverley, who has been prone to injury problems throughout the current campaign.
The United boss is known to covet Borussia Dortmund midfielder Shinji Kagawa and flew to Germany on Saturday to watch the Japanese international, who scored the opening goal in their 5-2 win over Bayern Munich in the German Cup Final.
Ferguson, also interested in Kagawa's team-mate Mario Goetze, will have talks with Scholes in an attempt to persuade him to extend his comeback for another season and has been full of praise for the way the veteran slotted into the side after reversing his decision to retire after five months on the coaching staff.
'I will speak to Paul,' said Ferguson. 'Obviously he made a tremendous contribution when he came back. But it was his decision to return and I will respect whatever he wants to do.
'I haven't discussed it with him yet, to be honest. I think I made that mistake last season, talking to him before the season had finished. 'It is better getting the season over and having a break and I may not speak to him before he has been away on holiday.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ine-10m-Moussa-Dembele-bid.html#ixzz1ui6yqzKU

Varun

Staff
Its insane that these guys are actually paid to come out with shit like this.

charlenefan

I like Dembele and I think he'd be a great addition to the squad in terms of him playing in CM would be better than Park or Giggs playing there but we really need someone of true top class as well

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Obviously the first thing you look for in a potential United player is ability, but I think consistency is the next thing. He has some great flashes, some standout games, but then he appears to go quiet for 10 games in a row. I appreciate that the chances I get to see him are MOTD highlights or a live game when we play Fulham, but wouldn't he still be making headlines if he was doing it week in, week out?

I'm not overly keen on him.

charlenefan

Obviously the first thing you look for in a potential United player is ability, but I think consistency is the next thing. He has some great flashes, some standout games, but then he appears to go quiet for 10 games in a row. I appreciate that the chances I get to see him are MOTD highlights or a live game when we play Fulham, but wouldn't he still be making headlines if he was doing it week in, week out?

I'm not overly keen on him.
He's like Carrick, he goes about his business quietly. I've watched him very closely this season and he's good in possession, hardly ever wastes a pass, comfortable on the ball, basically from what I've seen of him at Fulham he looks like he'd be a very good signing for us.

Like I say though I cant help but feel we should be aiming a little higher

TheReligion

Abusive
He's like Carrick, he goes about his business quietly. I've watched him very closely this season and he's good in possession, hardly ever wastes a pass, comfortable on the ball, basically from what I've seen of him at Fulham he looks like he'd be a very good signing for us.

Like I say though I cant help but feel we should be aiming a little higher
I am sure he would be a decent signing but do we need another Carrick when Carrick himself has had a fairly decent season?

We need something different

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
The only thing that this chap has going for him in relation to Man Utd is that he is cheap and that none of our rivals want to sign him.

No ta.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The only thing that this chap has going for him in relation to Man Utd is that he is cheap and that none of our rivals want to sign him.

No ta.
Yes apart from nearly everybody wanting him (according to the Mail article who linked us with him in the first place), you are right.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I like Dembele a lot, wouldn't be surprised if he leaves Fulham for a bigger club.

I think he's quite underrated, great technique, good passer and well built, so not easy to knock around. I think he played much more advanced role at AZ Alkmaar which proves he's versatile player that can adapt.

Would love if Chelsea got him.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Yes apart from nearly everybody wanting him (according to the Mail article who linked us with him in the first place), you are right.
They have been watching him, just like they have been watching hundreds of players. How many of our real rivals do you think will move for him?

Man-United

I think he's quite underrated, great technique, good passer and well built, so not easy to knock around. I think he played much more advanced role at AZ Alkmaar which proves he's versatile player that can adapt.
Agree. He will be a good signing for most of the Premier League teams. Only 24 years old as well, I think he would do well at United.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He reminds me alot of the way anderson plays right now, but with a better touch and less long ball passing skills