Moyes confirms he's leaving Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Sky Sports just confirmed he is leaving Everton at the end of the season and has expressed his desire to take over at Manchester United. Finally at least its done.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...David-Moyes-to-leave-Everton-at-end-of-season

David Moyes will leave Everton at the end of the season opening the door for him to take over as Manchester United manager.

Moyes met with Everton chairman Bill Kenwright on Wednesday - a scheduled meeting - just hours after Sir Alex Ferguson's shock decision to stand down from his Old Trafford role after more than 26 years.

The Scotsman was quickly backed into favourite to take over from Ferguson and confirmation arrived on Thursday afternoon that he would be leaving Goodison Park at the end of his contract in June, with a statement on the club's website confirming he had made his desire to take over at United known.

The statement read: "The chairman, on behalf of the club, would like to place on record his thanks to David for the massive contribution he has made to Everton since his arrival in March 2002. He has been an outstanding manager.

"During his tenure at Goodison Park, David has taken charge of the team on over 500 occasions including four European campaigns.

"His final two games as Everton Manager will be the remaining Premier League matches against West Ham United and Chelsea. Everton officials will start the search for a replacement manager immediately."

Varun

Staff
Well, cant say am happy but he'l get my 100% support.

Cina

I believe he's taking Benitez spot at Chelsea after he comes here.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Best of luck, Dave.

Gee Male

Welcome Moyes, here's hoping for a long and successful period with him in charge!

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
It's gonna be great fun on here next season when people question the appointment after every uninspiring performance.

NinjaFletch

Good luck.

My god is he going to need some, lets try not getting on his back after a few poor results lads.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Let's get behind him now and push on for the new season. He's never been able to spend freely before so I am holding out some hope that he'll make a couple of signings in the Summer.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Good luck Dave. I'm delighted and I've been banging the Moyes drum here for the last 3 years.

I honestly feel he's the right way forward and we will be very successful going forward.

NinjaFletch

OP , you've jumped the gun, all SSN have confirmed is that he's leaving Everton.
The Everton statement they read out. (Paraphrased)

'David Moyes met Bill Kenwright early last night and expressed his desire to join Manchester United'

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Everton say David Moyes has 'confirmed his desire to join Manchester United'

it aint official yet, is it?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Has my full support, despite my doubts. Have to give him time to adjust as well, this is a big step up for him so can't expect too much too fast.

On the plus side, I like that we have a manager called Dave.

Mick1991

Extremely excited, I think he will surprise a lot of people with the style of football he will bring.

Revan

Assumptionman
I understand that Moyes hasn't been the first choice for the majority of us. But we have to trust SAF's decision, his endgame. Like some of us though that signing an 18 years old Portuguese kid to replace our biggest star, or when we though that we are miles below Chelsea an uninspiring Michael Carrick was the answer or when we all were screaming for a midfielder he signed a striker who secured us the league, it could easily be that this will turn out to be that great decision. If SAF, Sir Bobby, David Gill and co. believe in Moyes, I think that we should all believe in him. I understand people who wanted someone else, but please no more hysterical screams 'Anyone but Moyes', 'We are doomed' or 'Who was that coach whose name I can't remember who is a manager of a team I don't know it's name, he is better than Moyes'.

Regardless of who we thought will be the best decision, it is time for our fanbase to be united under the new boss. Welcome David Moyes and I wish that you will stay here for a long time, winning a lot of trophies during the years. We will all support you and the team.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Good luck Dave! I've came around to this appointment. Give him time lads.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Fantastic appointment, the best man for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.