Moyes confirms he's leaving Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Will take some getting used to, that's for sure. Hope he does well and we give him sufficient time without getting on his back, or comparing him to sir Alex. If he manages to win the title next year it will be a remarkable achievement IMO.
A good start would be to bring in a midfielder and beat city in the community shield though :)

TheRisingSun

Banned
The news every opposition fan was hoping for (if United is confirmed)

You can make a case for it, but seems a bad decision from where I'm standing. Mourinho would've been normal service is resumed on the trophy front for you lot and everyone would have been fearing that combination. No one is fearing this one.

Cina

Believe

We may not all want it, we may not think it's the right choice, but we are United, we believe in this club, these players, these fans, we will not stand down, we will never quit, no matter how tough times get

On behalf of us all, I welcome you to our club Jose ... wait, what? It's Moyes? Oh feck this then, I'm off to support Chelsea.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We need more Moyes songs...

Oh every single one of us, will trust the clubs judgement and give our full support to David Moyes.

Catchy

Andrew~

Get a fecking grip of yourself.:rolleyes:
Get a grip. It's not as if we have a team of retards. We just walked the Premiership. Fergie was obviously an amazing manager, and we'll miss him, but the core of a very good squad is still there.
I've got a pretty firm grip of 'myself'. I just think Moyes isn't good enough, that's all. And I didn't make any predictions about winning the league, merely expressed my belief that Moyes isn't good enough and hope that he proves that belief wrong. That's all.

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I haven't got my wits about me.

Phil

We may not all want it, we may not think it's the right choice, but we are United, we believe in this club, these players, these fans, we will not stand down, we will never quit, no matter how tough times get

On behalf of us all, I welcome you to our club Jose ... wait, what? It's Moyes? Oh feck this then, I'm off to support Chelsea.
To be honest I #believed in Fergie controlling us, not the club exclusively..

Cina

We need more Moyes songs...

Oh every single one of us, will trust the clubs judgement and give our full support to David Moyes.

Catchy
Moyes oh not Moyes who do girls please not Moyes, always should be someone we really waaaaant!

NinjaFletch

On a serious note, I reckon someone should start a new thread with those sentiments in the first paragraph.

I don't care who people wanted, I didn't really want him either, but we support him now through thick and thin. Defend him when the media start taking pot shots at him after his first loss, and don't get on his back. Lets not make this job harder than it already is for him.

Decotron

I've got a pretty firm grip of 'myself'. I just think Moyes isn't good enough, that's all. And I didn't make any predictions about winning the league, merely expressed my belief that Moyes isn't good enough and hope that he proves that belief wrong. That's all.

:nervous: i thought you didnt like him?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands

Your exact words were 'he's shit'.

He's clearly not a shit manager, people can disagree over his suitability for United but ignoring his success at Everton and calling him shit is fecking retarded.

Revan

Assumptionman
To be fair, there will be some tards who will do exactly that if/when things won't be going right.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky

You start a post about our new manager with "he's shit" then expect to be told to shut the feck up.

padzilla

Hipster
Moyes oh not Moyes who do girls please not Moyes, always should be someone we really waaaaant!

What about:
Bad Moyes, bad Moyes ... whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

I'll get my coat

OJKernow

I'm getting more enthusiastic about this as the day goes on.

Best of luck to David Moyes, he will have great support from the club and of course the big man himself. He walks into an already brilliant squad with a great blend of experience and youth.

Andrew~

:nervous: i thought you didnt like him?
Still don't!

Your exact words were 'he's shit'.

He's clearly not a shit manager, people can disagree over his suitability for United but ignoring his success at Everton and calling him shit is fecking retarded.
Meh. I'm not here to play pedantic games. Saying he's shit was the easiest way to get my point across, that's all.

Anyway, hopefully he does well.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Will be interesting to see if this really is going to work out like the old Liverpool boot room setup. Would be quite a remarkable end to a career if Sir Alex's last decision was to pick the man that manages to continue on his legacy and in doing so ensures a dynasty that continues beyond is lifetime. I think it's a ballsy choice rather than a safe one. The club could've set things up for the manager to get out from under Sir Alex's shadow but they've decided that the shadow looms so large that it's unavoidable and we might as well try and go for a direct replacement. Moyes is not simply the United manager now, he's clearly been tasked with continuing on the work that Busby and Sir Alex have done. Moyes has said he's modelled his management style on Sir Alex and now he's going to try to emulate him in in exactly the same fashion. That's huge pressure so fair feck's to him if he feels up to that. People talk about United being a dream job but for anyone that's even slightly below the standard required it's going to be an absolute nightmare, I think.

I'm not sure he's up to it but I do get a sense of pride for the way we've went about it. I get a sense of pride from us picking David Moyes. Hmm. What a turnaround. It just feels a bit like signing James McCarthy to replace Paul Scholes. I get that we're never going to have another Scholesy and I can see the undoubted talent and potential in McCarthy but is there that special quality? At the end of the day just three managers in over 100 years of our history have managed to win the league title and each of them were pretty special. It's hard to get away from this idea that the man to lead this side has to be pretty special to be successful. Moyes has never struck me as that. If Chelsea had taken him I'd have considered him a worthy rival and someone capable of winning things for them and that was in a club culture that is completely alien to him. There's definite similarities between how things have been setup at Everton and the input he has into all areas of the team and this is one of the only big clubs he could have gone to that offers him that so the recipe for success is there...it's just very, very unexpected. Let's hope that little glimmer of Sir Alex (e.g out-thought tactically last game, spirit shown to come back from 4-2 down against potential champions) really begins to shine under his tutelage.

Slightly off topic; how influential was Busby in Sir Alex's early years?

Status
Not open for further replies.