Moyes confirms he's leaving Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
We may not all want it, we may not think it's the right choice, but we are United, we believe in this club, these players, these fans, we will not stand down, we will never quit, no matter how tough times get

On behalf of us all, I welcome you to our club Jose ... wait, what? It's Moyes? Oh feck this then, I'm off to support Chelsea.
:lol::lol:

Drifter

American
It's inevitable ,no last minute twists,guess it's welome to OT. I'll support the players on the pitch and support the club as i've always done , but Moyes is like a blank slate and for me the jury is still out.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
David Moyes is Magic, he wears a tracksuit top
feck of all you hipsters, go worship Jurgen Klopp
We didn't want Mourinho, Pep or AVB
Now lets go ransack Everton, and get Hibbert on a free

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
He's shit and I think this is a terrible appointment by the club, but good luck to him nonetheless. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.
I think SAF and Sir Bobby have had a say in matters and they know a lot more than us.
That's good enough for me.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Will be interesting to see if this really is going to work out like the old Liverpool boot room setup. Would be quite a remarkable end to a career if Sir Alex's last decision was to pick the man that manages to continue on his legacy and in doing so ensures a dynasty that continues beyond is lifetime. I think it's a ballsy choice rather than a safe one. The club could've set things up for the manager to get out from under Sir Alex's shadow but they've decided that the shadow looms so large that it's unavoidable and we might as well try and go for a direct replacement. Moyes is not simply the United manager now, he's clearly been tasked with continuing on the work that Busby and Sir Alex have done. Moyes has said he's modelled his management style on Sir Alex and now he's going to try to emulate him in in exactly the same fashion. That's huge pressure so fair feck's to him if he feels up to that. People talk about United being a dream job but for anyone that's even slightly below the standard required it's going to be an absolute nightmare, I think.

I'm not sure he's up to it but I do get a sense of pride for the way we've went about it. I get a sense of pride from us picking David Moyes. Hmm. What a turnaround. It just feels a bit like signing James McCarthy to replace Paul Scholes. I get that we're never going to have another Scholesy and I can see the undoubted talent and potential in McCarthy but is there that special quality? At the end of the day just three managers in over 100 years of our history have managed to win the league title and each of them were pretty special. It's hard to get away from this idea that the man to lead this side has to be pretty special to be successful. Moyes has never struck me as that. If Chelsea had taken him I'd have considered him a worthy rival and someone capable of winning things for them and that was in a club culture that is completely alien to him. There's definite similarities between how things have been setup at Everton and the input he has into all areas of the team and this is one of the only big clubs he could have gone to that offers him that so the recipe for success is there...it's just very, very unexpected. Let's hope that little glimmer of Sir Alex (e.g out-thought tactically last game, spirit shown to come back from 4-2 down against potential champions) really begins to shine under his tutelage.

Slightly off topic; how influential was Busby in Sir Alex's early years?
Ballsy or massively optimistic?

Castia

Im not happy with the appointment and have been very critical of him but non the less I support the clubs decision and will back him while he's here. Id give him 2 years and judge his progress, if he's not upto scratch we shouldn't hesitate in firing him.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Eh. Is he confirmed United manager? If not then change the fecking thread title.
Thread titles have been all over the place since Fergies announcement, mods must've taken it as badly as the rest of us!

Goooose

The only thing that puzzles me about this appointment is the timing. Why is it being done now and not in a couple of weeks time?

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I get most of the concerns with Moyes, I have some of my own but what I don't understand reading around on the internet is that people are acting like we're getting some scrub who doesn't know the first thing about football.

I'm wholeheartedly behind him. Even if I was sceptical to begin with.

Fergies Gum

The only thing that puzzles me about this appointment is the timing. Why is it being done now and not in a couple of weeks time?
Probably to do with the club being listed on the New York stock exchange.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Ballsy or massively optimistic?
Hugely ambitious. Fair feck's to them is all I say. If we're going to fail replacing him at least we're doing so by continue our tradition of looking to promote from within, and if that fails, source locally. We're staying true to our roots by continuing to try and further the British game by giving young British talent a chance even at a time of intense competition from the sugardaddy clubs.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Really? You seen the media in the last 48 hours?! Imagine that for weeks. Best to get it sorted and start planning for next season knowing who's going to be charge.

Wonder if he'll call them in early for pre season training. Needs to get an idea of what he wants to do with the team or do you think the management and directors already have all this covered?

This is so weird.

Annahnomoss

Will be interesting to see if this really is going to work out like the old Liverpool boot room setup. Would be quite a remarkable end to a career if Sir Alex's last decision was to pick the man that manages to continue on his legacy and in doing so ensures a dynasty that continues beyond is lifetime. I think it's a ballsy choice rather than a safe one. The club could've set things up for the manager to get out from under Sir Alex's shadow but they've decided that the shadow looms so large that it's unavoidable and we might as well try and go for a direct replacement. Moyes is not simply the United manager now, he's clearly been tasked with continuing on the work that Busby and Sir Alex have done. Moyes has said he's modelled his management style on Sir Alex and now he's going to try to emulate him in in exactly the same fashion. That's huge pressure so fair feck's to him if he feels up to that. People talk about United being a dream job but for anyone that's even slightly below the standard required it's going to be an absolute nightmare, I think.

I'm not sure he's up to it but I do get a sense of pride for the way we've went about it. I get a sense of pride from us picking David Moyes. Hmm. What a turnaround. It just feels a bit like signing James McCarthy to replace Paul Scholes. I get that we're never going to have another Scholesy and I can see the undoubted talent and potential in McCarthy but is there that special quality? At the end of the day just three managers in over 100 years of our history have managed to win the league title and each of them were pretty special. It's hard to get away from this idea that the man to lead this side has to be pretty special to be successful. Moyes has never struck me as that. If Chelsea had taken him I'd have considered him a worthy rival and someone capable of winning things for them and that was in a club culture that is completely alien to him. There's definite similarities between how things have been setup at Everton and the input he has into all areas of the team and this is one of the only big clubs he could have gone to that offers him that so the recipe for success is there...it's just very, very unexpected. Let's hope that little glimmer of Sir Alex (e.g out-thought tactically last game, spirit shown to come back from 4-2 down against potential champions) really begins to shine under his tutelage.

Slightly off topic; how influential was Busby in Sir Alex's early years?
Moyes was from what I heard actually very often seen in the Everton bus reading Fergie's biography over and over.

Also I think you bring up a golden point in how this was the risky choice. There is a general rule that not even a leader can successfully pick his successor. That is a reason to why so many short-lived kingdoms has fallen in history.

Personally what I am most interested in is hearing a statement to how his philosophy will be. Will he be strict with his 4-4-1-1 or will he be up to the task of reinventing himself and his tactical preferences every 5 years like Ferguson? He doesn't strike me like a person who will be "up to date" in these areas and he has been very conservative in his coaching style.

Is it currently even possible to play 4-4-1-1 and dominate Europe? It goes in cycles, but this tactical cycle does seem to be built on countering 4-4-1-1/4-4-2. It will be extremely interesting to hear his statement in this matter, and also how many players will we lose out on from having Moyes there instead of a bigger name? Guardiola seems to be bringing a lot of stars attention, as does Mourinho/Ferguson. Moyes will not make anybody sign for us as I doubt any world-class players have desires to once join the mighty Moyes.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Moyes was from what I heard actually very often seen in the Everton bus reading Fergie's biography over and over.

Also I think you bring up a golden point in how this was the risky choice. There is a general rule that not even a leader can successfully pick his successor. That is a reason to why so many short-lived kingdoms has fallen in history.

Personally what I am most interested in is hearing a statement to how his philosophy will be. Will he be strict with his 4-4-1-1 or will he be up to the task of reinventing himself and his tactical preferences every 5 years like Ferguson? He doesn't strike me like a person who will be "up to date" in these areas and he has been very conservative in his coaching style.

Is it currently even possible to play 4-4-1-1 and dominate Europe? It goes in cycles, but this tactical cycle does seem to be built on countering 4-4-1-1/4-4-2. It will be extremely interesting to hear his statement in this matter, and also how many players will we lose out on from having Moyes there instead of a bigger name? Guardiola seems to be bringing a lot of stars attention, as does Mourinho/Ferguson. Moyes will not make anybody sign for us as I doubt any world-class players have desires to once join the mighty Moyes.
Surely moving the wingers 10 yards further forward makes a 4-4-1-1 a 4-2-3-1? :confused:

Goooose

Probably to do with the club being listed on the New York stock exchange.
Do shareholders require that these decisions are made immediately? I have no idea how it worls.

Really? You seen the media in the last 48 hours?! Imagine that for weeks. Best to get it sorted and start planning for next season knowing who's going to be charge.

Wonder if he'll call them in early for pre season training. Needs to get an idea of what he wants to do with the team or do you think the management and directors already have all this covered?

This is so weird.
To be honest mate I played snooker most of yesterday to escape the rampant rumour mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.