Moyes confirms he's leaving Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Of course he'll be up to date. The team he managed dictates to a large degree the type of football he played. He played to the strengths of his players to make sure he was as successful as he possible could.

I just don't buy into this "he'll play a rigid 4-4-1-1" and that's it. Not with the players at his disposal. Oh, and if he does do that, he won't last very long because that won't work at Manchester United.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
To the tune of Aerosmith's Toys in the Attic.

Moyes
Moyes
Moyes
Now we've had it

Grande

David Moyes is Magic, he wears a tracksuit top
feck of all you hipsters, go worship Jurgen Klopp
We didn't want Mourinho, Pep or AVB
Now lets go ransack Everton, and get Hibbert on a free
Probably the best chant offer I've read on a forum. It's actually most likely better than Moyes himself, he'll have a hard time trying to live up to the quality of it.

I'll be like Wes Brown and Johnny O'Shea, their songs sung for years after they are unceremoniously shafted to Sunderland.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Moody
Ornery
Y....
Envious
Scot

just kidding. I'm happy with him. he'll be with us as long as we want him so let's looks forward to the next 20+ years of success.

Cina

Oh Moyesy,
you came and you gave us Fellaini,
and ruined our play,

Oh Moyesy,
You changed us from winners to losers,
please just go awaaaay.

Oh Moyesy!

eric le roi

Just heard a stat on BBC - Moyes has won LMA Manager of the Year award 3 times in 10 years at Everton. Not too shabby.

People saying "he's shit", have a word with yourselves and go jizz over Klopp. I agree it's an underwhelming appointment but it makes sense and he will get my 100% support.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Cina doesn't have it in him to do positive so I'm taking the fact that he didn't use expletives as a sign of his approval.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Of course he'll be up to date. The team he managed dictates to a large degree the type of football he played. He played to the strengths of his players to make sure he was as successful as he possible could.

I just don't buy into this "he'll play a rigid 4-4-1-1" and that's it. Not with the players at his disposal. Oh, and if he does do that, he won't last very long because that won't work at Manchester United.
So when we play with 2 in midfield, Valencia on the right and Young/Giggs/Kagawa on the left and Rooney behind Van Persie, is that not 4-4-1-1?

Revan

Assumptionman
Borrowed from RAWK:

Don Vito Corleone (Mr Ferguson) retires as the head of The Family (MUFC) and chooses his youngest son, Michael Corleone (Moyes) as his successor.
The entire mafia scene is shocked and all the other families are laughing ( Scousers, Mourinho, Pep, Mancini). Even the ones who are loyal to the Don.... Clemenza(United fans), Tom Hagen (Gill), Tessio (Mike Phelan)... have no belief in the new Don.

Michael Corleone orders Tom Hagen (Gill) to step aside as he's no wartime consigliere and plans a final battle that will end the war once and for all.

With Don Vito dead (Mr Ferguson has got dementia), all the power and pride of the Corleone family rests in Michaels hands.

Michael orders what is considered the most legendary series of executions ever in the history of mankind. (knocks out Peps Bayern Munich in QF with 6-0 on aggregate, then proceeds to ravage Mancini so hard in the SF that he gets the sack in the morning and finally cruise into the our 4th by beating Mourinhos Chelsea).

*The morning after lifting the 4th Champions league title*

MOYES: You have to answer for the transfer request, Wayne Rooney.

Wayne: David, you got it all wrong...

Moyes: You fingered my granny for the Chelsea people. Ahhh that little farce you played with my fans during last contract talk, you think that could fool a Manc?

Wayne: Dave, I'm innocent -- I swear on the kids, Dave -- Please, Dave la, don't do this to me.

Wayne (sitting): Dave, don't do this to me, please...

Moyes: Mourinhos beaten. So is Pep Guardiola -- Jurgen Klopp -- Mancini -- Rodgers -- Today I settle all Family business, so don't tell me you're innocent. Admit what you did.
Come on.

Moyes: Wayne you're out of the Family business, that's your punishment. You're finished. I'm selling you to Liverpool. Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence, and makes me very angry...
Now who approached you? PSG or Chelsea?

Wayne (after hesitating): it was Chelsea....

Moyes: Good.
(then, after standing)
There's a car waiting for you outside to take you to the airport. I'll call your wife, to tell her what flight you're on.

Wayne: Dave, please

Moyes: Get outta my sight.

Scene cuts to
Interior of car. A red Sikh garrotes Wayne, who gets pulled back and kicks his feet
at the windshield, which breaks as the car takes off. Moyes, Gill and Maurensteen watch. After the car pulls away, we hear the 'United Road' as they walk through the mall.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I won't get behind him until I hear what I want to hear and see what I want to see.
That's doesn't mean I'll be the polar opposite and slate him at every corner either.

This is a poor decision by United. But it doesn't mean he won't be successful.
I don't think there has ever been so much pressure on a manager has there? I hope you've got what it takes, David.

Castia

Just heard a stat on BBC - Moyes has won LMA Manager of the Year award 3 times in 10 years at Everton. Not too shabby.

People saying "he's shit", have a word with yourselves and go jizz over Klopp. I agree it's an underwhelming appointment but it makes sense and he will get my 100% support.
LMA awards :lol: fecking hell, I get your general point mate but dont try and big him up using that reference. Copple won it twice and Pardew is the current holder, kind of says everything you need to know.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Who do you think built the team he managed? Every one of the Everton squad was one of his purchases or someone he brought through.

He's got a style of play, there's no denying it. With a bit of luck it will be successful when taken to the next level with our calibre of players.

kps88

We posted ANOTHER welcome banner on Facebook and deleted it soon after.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
They tried to break us,
Looks like they'll try again

Wild Moyes (WILD MOYES !) never lose it
Wild Moyes (WILD MOYES !) never chose this way
Wild Moyes (WILD MOYES !) never close your eyes
Wild Moyes (WILD MOYES !) always shine

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Moyes, Moyes, Moyes!
How do you like me? How do you like me?
Moyes, Moyes, Moyes!
Why don't you like me? Nobody likes me...

Magnus

Another mad swede
I won't get behind him until I hear what I want to hear and see what I want to see.
That's doesn't mean I'll be the polar opposite and slate him at every corner either.

This is a poor decision by United. But it doesn't mean he won't be successful.
I don't think there has ever been so much pressure on a manager has there? I hope you've got what it takes, David.
Support the club or support someone else. It´s simple and the choice is yours sir

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
So when we play with 2 in midfield, Valencia on the right and Young/Giggs/Kagawa on the left and Rooney behind Van Persie, is that not 4-4-1-1?
I see it has a 4-4-2 but you can call it what you like.

The emphasis was on the 'rigid' though, not the numbers. I believe Moyes will play a more attacking style of football than what he has done at Everton due to the quality of players at his disposal. Be that a 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hey Gill, Hey Moyes
Superstar exodus...
Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.